Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
Round 3 GWS v St Kilda
Manuka Oval
Saturday 4.40pm

A real challenge for the boys to step up in what was a bit of a disappointing display
and given Sheedy said after the port game:

'We were disappointed in a lot of efforts of our players," Sheedy said.
"We could have been a little bit more physical at times when the ball was there to be won

Team named

GREATER WESTERN SYDNEY
B: Adam Kennedy, Tim Mohr, Stephen Gilham
HB: Tomas Bugg, Phil Davis, Curtly Hampton
C: Will Hoskin-Elliott, Callan Ward, Lachie Whitfield
HF: Stephen Coniglio, Jeremy Cameron, Tom Scully
F: Liam Sumner, Jonathon Patton, Devon Smith
Foll: Jonathan Giles, Adam Treloar, Toby Greene
I/C: Sam Reid, Dean Brogan, Lachie Plowman, Dylan Shiel

Outs: Palmer (calf)
Ins: Reid

But once again the goal is to be as competitive as possible with a very outside chance to pick up a win at our home away from home.

pw-artnarrowgiants_20130405191706942581-300x0.jpg

First look at the Centenary jumper for the game.

The bar has been raised at Greater Western Sydney and rising star Dylan Shiel says the Giants will prove it in the next fortnight when they seek to continue the pain for winless St Kilda and Melbourne.
Shiel wants his young teammates to stop showing admiration for their more established rivals and fired a couple of pointed arrows at two of the foundations clubs.
Regarding the ageing stars of the Saints, the 20-year-old - one of the brightest young prospects on the GWS list - said the Giants could ''run them off their legs''.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/gws-has-things-to-prove-20130407-2hf0b.html#ixzz2PmdQLaKF

Love the rhetoric. Both teams have a point to prove. Giants can win at Manuka, I think they will have learned a good lesson against Port and step up here.

Bring Setanta in for Brogan. Maybe Tomlinson for Plowman?

But once again the goal is to be as competitive as possible with a very outside chance to pick up a win at our home away from home.

I think your a chance. Your fellow newbie the GC missed some chances last year for a few wins and I think you guys have advanced structure in time comparison. you lit it slip after HT against the Power but there is every chance to consider yourselves in the game this week.

My my.. Didn't Shiels cop a serve (deservedly) from Sheeds for that bit of tough talk? Perhaps he can play on Joey Montagna and get a few lessons on running from that apparently decrepit old man..

In all seriousness, all the best. After our performance against the GCS and skill errors against the Tiges it probably is a winnable game for you. If you come to play four quarters instead of three, although I'd caution against the hubris that Shiel seemed to show.

Just keeping the kid in check, dont need them to be cocky just confident.

Argh I edited and now it's out of order. Sorry. Yeah, I know. It's a fine line. I've by and large enjoyed the GWS fight-talk prior to the games and I reckon it's a fundamentally good thing that they're so clearly playing for keeps this early on. I'd say you'll be a dangerous proposition indeed in the next couple of seasons following 2013.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the rhetoric. Both teams have a point to prove. Giants can win at Manuka, I think they will have learned a good lesson against Port and step up here.

Bring Setanta in for Brogan. Maybe Tomlinson for Plowman?

IMHO there appears to be three general criteria concerning individual players by which team choices are made: a. form, b. the needs to ensure that players are given experience without wearing them out, and c. the need to rotate players (a player maybe dropped even though he is playing well and is not 'tired', so that another player gets a chance or experience is added).

Based on the above possibly Miles comes in for Hampton and Ó hAilpín in for Brogan. Hoskin-Elliot takes the place of Whitfield who goes as the Sub. If Whitfield goes out altogether then Haynes was named amongst the best in the last Reserves game. Plowman is another who maybe given a break; possibly replaced by Tomilson or Gold

Quietly confident of a big upset on Saturday. In any case, can't wait to put on my GWS scarf and scream my lungs out at Manuka.

Looking forward to this game. I will be surrounded by Saints supporters at the ground, but I think you guys are a solid chance. Saints will be hungry for their first win though as well.

Towards the end of first quarter, Hampton is at his bumbling best. how long are we going to put up with this imbecile

Remove this Banner Ad

Back