Game Day ROUND 3: GWS v WEST COAST SUNDAY FEB 23RD 10.10am WST @ BLACKTOWN

Remove this Banner Ad

Commentator called it perfectly, they don't have much of an idea how to play the game.
Realistically, we could delist half the list at the end of the year, but we are only going to be able to delist maybe 8.

It's going to take at least 2 drafts.

The issue will be, how are younger players going to develop?

Also highlights what Starcevich said a couple of years ago, where he said they regarded Queensland as being the second best state in regards women's footy.

When you look at how good some of the new Gold Coast players are compared to ours, it's hard to argue.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

That was tough to watch. We really struggle to hit targets and our players forward of the ball can't read the flight.

They went to early on expansion. Don’t get me wrong I love having a women’s team to support but there’s just not enough numbers yet to have a fully fledged national comp. Would be like the BBL trying to add another 6 teams, the talent just isn’t there yet.

I like what they’ve done trying to make the women’s a part of the men’s clubs but maybe they should’ve slowed it right down and gone with state sides only to begin with and then move from there, making their own identity. Similar to how the NBL does it.. Perth Wildcats and Lynx. Maybe a West Coast ___ and Fremantle ___ with their own names chosen. Just feel like having them attached directly to the men’s is going to give it unfair comparisons and make it hard to build on. They needed to be a lot more patient.

Much better final quarter.

Girls need to learn from that last quarter and see what can open up for their team mates when they go fast and direct down the centre corridor.

Also a far less crowded forward line allows players space to get separation and then create scoring opportunities.

Team work is missing and its obvious that the girls are new to playing together.

That and getting structures right and the girls will improve.

Sour Note from the game: was the injury to Dana .... really hope Hooker is OK, as the injury did not look good at all, just hope its not a broken jaw.

Last edited:
many were learning to kick I suspect. The pool is shallow

Yeah I understand that the pool is low but there are new teams in the comp that can at least kick a goal

I cannot understand with our facilities coaching the resources we have got compared to other clubs and we are struggling to kick a goal ??

At this stage and I hope I am wrong this playing list are not going to win a game and be the worst team ever that the eagles have ever produced

I had high hopes that this team would be at least competitive

atm its embarrassing for all eagles members and fans

Yeah I understand that the pool is low but there are new teams in the comp that can at least kick a goal

I cannot understand with our facilities coaching the resources we have got compared to other clubs and we are struggling to kick a goal ??

At this stage and I hope I am wrong this playing list are not going to win a game and be the worst team ever that the eagles have ever produced

lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a restricted draft, you are limited in the players you can get. Lots of unlisted players out there better than what's on our list, we just didn't have access to them.

Having said that, some of our selections were odd, and some of the teams we put out given our list, are odd.

My only thought is, some of them have issues.

Would pick a witches hat over Devlin. And Gibson, doesn't matter how skilled you are if you don't get the ball.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Imagine being one of those f***wits shitting on the team - and women’s football in general - on social media. Putting your small minded idiocy out for all to see, including family and colleagues.

That is, the ones brave enough to post with their own account and not a fake one, or one where their profile pic is a revved up ute with an anti-immigration tagline to boot. Jesus.

Imagine being one of those f***wits shitting on the team - and women’s football in general - on social media. Putting your small minded idiocy out for all to see, including family and colleagues.

That is, the ones brave enough to post with their own account and not a fake one, or one where their profile pic is a revved up ute with an anti-immigration tagline to boot. Jesus.

leave cockburn supporters alone

Last quarter showed good signs.

At one point the commentary was discussing how our girls don’t have much game sense at this stage and struggle to work out where the play is going next. I think that was a pretty fair assessment and will only improve with time. We can all be scathing and judgemental over them but have to understand that most if not all of these girls haven’t had proper pathways to elite football like the boys have had; it’s going to take time.

For me I’m just happy to be here from the start as I wasn’t even born when the men came about in 1987 and I can’t wait to watch the evolution of this side.

Girls are shocking overall but some good signs

Leave Cameron forward IMO

many were learning to kick I suspect. The pool is shallow

They can kick standing still or in drills under no pressure, but many in women’s footy struggle when you put pressure on them. Some will get better with more experience and some just don’t have what it takes for the top level.

I’d just watch this season to see who develops and who doesn’t as it’s unlikely we will win many games with our current list. Knowing our club, they won’t take losing very well and there will be pressure from the top to get wins on the board, if not this year then next year definitely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back