Autopsy Round 3: JOM Exotic and the tame Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Also regards to the O’Brien saga... if you know Clarko, he’ll be playing all year lol.
He played a pretty decent role in defence a large portion of last year and that flexibility is something Clarko has always loved to have at his disposal.

Hes become that better version of Schoey. Mitch Lewis is just extra cream on the plan. Well have to do a Ceglar/McEvoy type thing to keep him at the club

"We lowered our colours to a good side last week, but I hope I'm not discrediting Geelong by saying that they're not that good".
- Alistair Clarkson

Anyone a little shocked Clarko talked 'down' a side? I've never heard Clarkson be anything but respectful towards opposition...
I think he was more referring to the margin flattering Geelong a bit.

Maybe he is not fit. He is clearly the best of the three tall forward options and by long way.
He is as fit as the rest of the list. No one played for 12 weeks!

Clarko doesn't think he's the best option, that's why he isn't playing. Patton is commanding the goal square right now, and TOB is moving all over the ground getting to contests, and getting the ball to hit the deck. Lewis is a great contested mark, but he doesn't get to enough contests, yet. A few weeks out of the side playing scratch matches is fine for Lewis. He will get his turn.

Delusion is strong in this Richmond autopsy post.

These comments always seem to forget that if they kick straight, they don't necessarily get the opportunities of repeat entries that the misses give them. It goes back to the centre and everything is equal again.

They got their opportunities largely from our turnovers after clearing it from D50.

It's a very healthy situation having Lewis, Patton and O'Brien compete for the same position. Though with that said I feel Lewis is missing out by the fact he's behind Patton and TOB in providing ruck relief duties to Ceglar. So while the McEvoy experiment continues, we may well not get a change for a few more weeks. But when Lewis does get a chance, he'll be raring to make the most of it, so that'll be exciting to watch! He's undoubtedly the most talented of the three.

Keeping TOB in because he relieves Cegs in the ruck doesn't make sense to me. Our backline is tall enough that it should still function well with McEvoy playing 15% of the game in the ruck.

Even with this win our defence has no attack other than Scrimshaw and Sicily. Not enough to be a contender.

The bad

Stratts. Love you mate, but please find form we need you

You do know that Jarman Impey is waiting in the wings. If he cam come in around rd 8 - 10 and find some form and fitness then we will start to attack a whole lot off half back

Like everyone here I love Ben Stratton but he needs to find form fast because he's struggling to be in the best 22. The advent of mcEvoy the defender and the fact Frost is pretty quick means the captain needs to reslly step up to get a game.

These comments always seem to forget that if they kick straight, they don't necessarily get the opportunities of repeat entries that the misses give them. It goes back to the centre and everything is equal again.

They got their opportunities largely from our turnovers after clearing it from D50.

It also ignores they were 3.3 at 3/4 time and had been trailing by as much as 49 points. They kicked 2.6 in the final quarter when the game was completely dusted and the Hawks had gone home. Their inaccuracy stopped them perhaps flattering themselves on the scoreboard with a junk time effort but nothing more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarko doesn't think he's the best option, that's why he isn't playing. Patton is commanding the goal square right now, and TOB is moving all over the ground getting to contests, and getting the ball to hit the deck. Lewis is a great contested mark, but he doesn't get to enough contests, yet. A few weeks out of the side playing scratch matches is fine for Lewis. He will get his turn.

Despite no one playing for 10-12 weeks, that doesn't mean they are all at the same place in their preparation.

Not saying I know where Lewis is at but if he's been overcoming an injury he is quite likely still not at a fitness point that the selectors want, despite the fact he's now back playing.

Either way, will be good to see him in the side when he gets there. Glad it's not my job to work out the make up of the side because I'd love TOB and Patton to both excel also.

You bring in a high profile guy like Patton clubs feel obligated to play him at least at the start of the year (even Vickery got a handful of games in a row at the start).

Agreed. However he chose his words poorly and will be misread
Yeah, Spangher save us if we end up facing them in a final this year. Will be on repeat in the media all week in the lead up.

Keeping TOB in because he relieves Cegs in the ruck doesn't make sense to me. Our backline is tall enough that it should still function well with McEvoy playing 15% of the game in the ruck.

Absolutely agree.

HB: Scrimshaw (193cm) - Frost (194cm) - Sicily (189cm)
FB: Hardwick (181cm) - Frawley (193cm) - Stratton (189cm)

"We lowered our colours to a good side last week, but I hope I'm not discrediting Geelong by saying that they're not that good".
- Alistair Clarkson

Anyone a little shocked Clarko talked 'down' a side? I've never heard Clarkson be anything but respectful towards opposition...
Does add fuel to the fire, but it's probably aimed more at our players , reminding them that we put in a shocking effort last week and that we can match them if our intensity is honest.
If we play them again this year itll be on .

TOB’s touch is a little off at the minute but can’t really understand why people want him dropped?

I reckon he was huge early in the game yesterday. When it was hot he was crashing packs and throwing his weight around at ground level even up on the wing, which the Tiges’ smalls didn’t too much like.

He gets to every single contest around the ground and brings the ball to ground almost always. Even on the ground inside 50 he is pretty tidy and is a great set shot.

These are all great points for a CHF so when he gets his eye in for marking again he’ll start to open games up IMO.

Didn't Lewis rip his ankle tendons apart in round 1?

finally someone gets it lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back