Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2009
Dubai, UAE
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
North Sydney Bears Rugby League
Up 11,000 places. With an average score. Hopefully slowly but surely. Going to burn too many trades doing corrections. Pity.

Got to make a couple this week as well. Hope Neale comes up because I need to make about 5 trades without having to do forced trades. Young was going....but I'm sure he's injured anyway.

Oct 25, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Slipped out of top 1,000 but have $380K to burn and an itchy trigger finger....

E3C40581-2CDF-42DC-8CFF-8102A725A346.jpeg

Glorin

Club Legend
Dec 3, 2009
On the edge
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I went G&R for much the same reason. Historically it's the way to go and once it was clear there were plenty of rookies it was a no brainer.
Ziebel the obvious exception of course. The problem is that a lot of guns have underperformed in the first few rounds. Could be worse. At least I don't have Neale, Oliver, Cripps or Titch.

There were a lot of promising MP players this year but the success rate of MP players is pretty low. Picking one or two well chosen ones is fine, but most people pick them based on what they hope will happen and not on what evidence suggests is extremely likely to happen. Look at all the anguish mid pricers have already caused people this season.
Well said Hoddo. Was finally getting around to setup of my excel trade planner for this year and found a note from rd 3 last year that I should look at mid pricers more early in season. Went back and saw the same note the previous 2 years at rd 3.
We all know how mid pricers usually end up, even after good starts to the year. Well done to those who were brave and it paid off. You need to take the value and performance of those players over the length of your ownership though and not their scores outside of your team.

Hi campaigners

****ed up Cap loop so ok with my 2115. Dropped down to 11,218.

Was 5 pts up in my main cashie before scaling, ended up drawing, meh.

What ya gunna do, dickheads gunna dickhead!

View attachment 1094795

Ok, think I'll jump on Heendawg now

Need to chase these guys ahead of me, but do it efficiently

Dow and Stef Martin need to be corrected, so Heeney is the best I can get and tbf, he's a proven 97 or 94

28 points different and 149 ranking places. Not much between at all.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
28 points different and 149 ranking places. Not much between at all.
Yeah it does seem like a logjam

Might go through the rankings and see how many points behind the leader where certain ranks sit.

Had a look at the leaders team last week, only about 5 players different in our squads. I liked my rookie crop far better than his though, feel I'll squeeze a few more dollars out of my guys, though haven't checked where he is now. Apparently he didn't trade at all after round 2 too, so having extra trades would be a bonus for him later down the track.

This is my highest rank since 2014, in rounds 6 and 7 that year I got my much needed boost up the ranks with consecutive monster scores courtesy of some aggressive trading which eventually caught up with me 3 months later when I had no cash generation midseason and was a little short in midfield and up forward with a few subpremos on both lines (no Robbie Gray the main howler). I'm well ahead of that at the moment with 3 consecutive above par scores, so need to find a way to continue to improve and make ground.

Yeah it does seem like a logjam

Might go through the rankings and see how many points behind the leader where certain ranks sit.

Had a look at the leaders team last week, only about 5 players different in our squads. I liked my rookie crop far better than his though, feel I'll squeeze a few more dollars out of my guys, though haven't checked where he is now. Apparently he didn't trade at all after round 2 too, so having extra trades would be a bonus for him later down the track.

This is my highest rank since 2014, in rounds 6 and 7 that year I got my much needed boost up the ranks with consecutive monster scores courtesy of some aggressive trading which eventually caught up with me 3 months later when I had no cash generation midseason and was a little short in midfield and up forward with a few subpremos on both lines (no Robbie Gray the main howler). I'm well ahead of that at the moment with 3 consecutive above par scores, so need to find a way to continue to improve and make ground.

I have never had a ranking this high at 461. Having only used one trade so far (Rowell to Walsh) I might get aggressive and trade Philips Kosi to Chapman Jiath via DPP.

Alternatively could do Kosi and Philips to Heeney and Chapman. Will have $400 in that scenario.

This is getting off topic in this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back