Preview Round 3 North vs Swans Saturday 1:45 pm: Changes & pre match discussion @Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaw is a huge Williams fan so he could come in I suppose .

Interesting you say that tao… I've always had the impression it's the opposite for some reason (or he's at least neutral on Marley). I think the main reason I thought this was because he lined up on the ressies team in a couple of the intra-clubs this season.

Interesting you say that tao… I've always had the impression it's the opposite for some reason (or he's at least neutral on Marley). I think the main reason I thought this was because he lined up on the ressies team in a couple of the intra-clubs this season.
He often plays in the ressies teams (white shirts) but is usually playing on our better forwards when he does it. I always assumed it was cos he was a harder defender to play on. You want your best players pushing each other.

Memories of last year come to mind when we play these pricks...the night that probably sealed Scott’s fate down in Tasmania
I don’t know whether we owe them, or should thank them
Either way, I hope whoever plays on Judas, gives him some nice physical punishment

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd persist with Scott. He's a young bloke and he'll be better for it. Round 1 last season is what he's capable of.
Only changes i'd make is Larkey/Xerri for Wood.

I'd like to see Bonar get a crack soon, but he might have to wait.

Memories of last year come to mind when we play these pricks...the night that probably sealed Scott’s fate down in Tasmania
I don’t know whether we owe them, or should thank them
Either way, I hope whoever plays on Judas, gives him some nice physical punishment

Was that really the last time we played against that mob? Geez so much has changed at North alone, feels like it was a loooong time ago.

Honestly, we havnt beaten Sydney at Marvel since 2007. Peter Spida Everett was still playing for them bloody hell.
Rhyce hadn't been traded to the Swans yet.

Since that time they’ve cheated with an extra man on the field costing us a win in 2008, seen Ted Richards strangle Drew in a marking contests and called play on in 2011 as we lose by a point, Goodes duck his way to a dishonorable win for them in 2015 and ofcourse Jeremy Laidler filling up space by doing some Paganesque coaching at half back in 2018.

Not to mention some absolutely tripe performances down on Hobart in 2019 and 2013 to be 0 and 3 at our home away from home.
We owe them. So so much.

Definition of a danger game and a half coming off a win like that. The letdown will be real and I’m worried if we start slow against the Swans you can pencil in a 6 goal loss.

Hope we’re ready to be media darlings for the week because the attention will come and Sydney will be looking to bounce back.

Wood for Larkey.
Marley for Scott but can see Hayden coming out for team balance.

Go out and * these campaigners North. We are due!!

And I’ve already organised a new pic of Garry Ziebell for next weeks match 👍. It was the photo that got us across the line yesterday of that I’m positive.

Oh I told Ms Lisa I’m superstitious so there’s no choice.

Ins ; Williams , Ms Lisa S,

Outs; Scott , Ms Priscille S.

If Larkey is fit he’ll come in of course , just want Wood to keep his spot . He’s mobile Mr Wood , we need that type of player .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I see Marley Williams has morphed into Bruce Doull during his injury - I don’t see the point of dropping a kid for him at all.

if anything happens to McDonald or Jamie, he is terrific back up.

Hayden should not be dropped, we are 2-0 with him in the team with strong wins against a good Collingwood and now an excellent GWS away. That is significant.

I will be delivering two bunches of flowers to Marvel this week. One to the Sydney team for beating us last year and another to Horse for saying no.

And why are we rushing Marley back?
If anyone who should be dropped on last game performance is Cunnington.
And we know that ain't gonna happen.

If they're all fit, play an unchanged team.

Cunnington had 21 possies and was critical in the second half winning the first contests

Cunners dropped on last game performance? He had a hard tag And still had 21.. would hardly say he had a stinker

Cunningtons 3rd quarter was immense oz

We’re looking at a 25plus possession game usually even with a hard tag

Cunners didn't go have a hard tag after quarter time. DeBoer went to Higgins at quarter time and kept him to 10 possession for the quarter 😂

Cunningtons 3rd quarter was immense oz

We’re looking at a 25plus possession game usually even with a hard tag

Yes strange call... nothing wrong with cunners day.... even when you win if you can make your team stronger again that you make changes accordingly.having said that Marley would be my only change but hard to see who for really.... I'd be keeping in Scott good game to have under his belt and he should keep progressing... wood was there or there about a without setting it alight but did an honest job and again should benefit from game time. Hayden another who would benefit from game time too. So who does that leave me with to come in for Marley.... lmac had his best game in a long time.... just kept it simple and played to his strengths

Because he's our best defender not named Robbie Tarrant and he was suspended not injured. Thus, ready to go.

As for your Cunnington comment... :rolleyes:

You spelt Ziebell wrong.
on my recollection, we took two contested marks forward of centre wing yesterday, both times the player wheeled around and put it into 50 quickly and both times we scored goals......and both times it was Jack taking the contested mark

The only structural problem in the game plan yesterday was our inability to take the contested mark on the wing, both Brown and Wood being at fault. Wood was pretty good with his hands inside 50 and had some score involvements, but if we don't take more contested marks in transition on the wing we will be in trouble...Xerri for Wood if Larkey doesn't get up (which with a hot spot in his foot, is pretty likely)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back