Preview Round 3 North vs Swans Saturday 1:45 pm: Changes & pre match discussion @Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
on my recollection, we took two contested marks forward of centre wing yesterday, both times the player wheeled around and put it into 50 quickly and both times we scored goals......and both times it was Jack taking the contested mark

The only structural problem in the game plan yesterday was our inability to take the contested mark on the wing, both Brown and Wood being at fault. Wood was pretty good with his hands inside 50 and had some score involvements, but if we don't take more contested marks in transition on the wing we will be in trouble...Xerri for Wood if Larkey doesn't get up (which with a hot spot in his foot, is pretty likely)

Brown did present too far up on the wing yest.... I know he likes to do this but then when we look forward there is no one there when we don't have larkey in....

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If Larkey is ready, Wood will be out. Marley is going to be a tough call. Our defence was great. My guess is they’ll “rest“ Kyron.

This gets back to the pre-season discussion, I'm not sure if Marley is an absolute automatic inclusion.

He was when McDonald and the whole medium defensive unit were struggling. If McDonald plays like that again, Marley becomes less critical.

Marley's disposal is pretty horrific at times, but you accept it because of what he brings in a lockdown role. If McDonald can provide that same lockdown option, we can probably begin to explore another option with some more reliable skills.

Going to be interesting, as Shaw is a Marley fan, but he must also be a Hayden fan, he was brought straight in after 2 match sims and no VFL tune up in his second ever match...

Marley is our first picked small defender. And the swans have a lot of dangerous smalls

Defensive matchups
Tarrant vs Blakey
Walker vs Mccartin
McDonald vs Heeney
Marley vs papley
Atley vs lewy Taylor
Pittard vs Hayward
Macmillan rotating through

Hayden to play Scott’s mid role and to run with one of their mids

on my recollection, we took two contested marks forward of centre wing yesterday, both times the player wheeled around and put it into 50 quickly and both times we scored goals......and both times it was Jack taking the contested mark

The only structural problem in the game plan yesterday was our inability to take the contested mark on the wing, both Brown and Wood being at fault. Wood was pretty good with his hands inside 50 and had some score involvements, but if we don't take more contested marks in transition on the wing we will be in trouble...Xerri for Wood if Larkey doesn't get up (which with a hot spot in his foot, is pretty likely)
On my recollection Wood and JZ had 1 touch between them for the first half.

It's funny that under Bard everyone complained about him playing favorites and not giving the kids a run.

Yet now everyone wants Bailey Scott & Hayden dropped after 1 game.

Fickle bunch around here at times...
Dropping 1 kid Bailey who looked raw is fine especially for one of our best defenders on Marley

It's funny that under Bard everyone complained about him playing favorites and not giving the kids a run.

Yet now everyone wants Bailey Scott & Hayden dropped after 1 game.

Fickle bunch around here at times...

Bottom line is we are in a good place.... we need people knocking on the door to come in and need people in the team fighting for their spots to make these decisions hard...

Larkey in for Wood
But Larkey play Hosie unfortunately Wood is done no effect yesterday need to throw off Sydney with something different then normal otherwise we will play into they hands and be beaten

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bottom line is we are in a good place.... we need people knocking on the door to come in and need people in the team fighting for their spots to make these decisions hard...

Its only one big win but this is so true. Having players knocking on the door has to be good.

Dropping 1 kid Bailey who looked raw is fine especially for one of our best defenders on Marley
There was nothing wrong with our defense yesterday and on a fast track at Marvel I don't see why we wouldn't give Bailey another run.

Everyone was busting to get him in after his training form and now want to drop him after 1 game.

Some of these guys need to be given more than 1 game at a time.

Last edited:
My only change would be Larkey for Wood at this stage, if Larkey is available of course. You could see that we struggled with generating a marking contest on the wing and Browny was used higher than usual, especially early. Larkey gives us another genuine tall outlet.

I'd like to see Williams in but also want to give Hayden and Scott more exposure.

My only change would be Larkey for Wood at this stage, if Larkey is available of course. You could see that we struggled with generating a marking contest on the wing and Browny was used higher than usual, especially early. Larkey gives us another genuine tall outlet.

Yep. That's what I saw. We need another genuine tall hit up option.

There was nothing wrong with our defense yesterday and on a fast track at Marvel I don't see why we wouldn't give Bailey another run.

Everyone was busting to get him in after his training form and now want to drop him after 1 game.

Some of these guys need to be given a bit of a run.
But Marley back in is a no brainer and if someone has to go it’s on yesterday’s performance Bailey who can still play the prac game vs the dogs and hopefully gets better

But Marley back in is a no brainer and if someone has to go it’s on yesterday’s performance Bailey who can still play the prac game vs the dogs and hopefully gets better

There's a small issue that you have to consider. Marley is a defender. This isn't supercoach.

There's a small issue that you have to consider. Marley is a defender. This isn't supercoach.
Oh really I thought he was a forward?!
Absolute nuffie

Marley is in our best back 7 comes in for bailey Scott

Hayden plays mid to run with a player

Oh really I thought he was a forward?!
Absolute nuffie

Marley is in our best back 7 comes in for bailey Scott

Hayden plays mid to run with a player

There's 6 players in an AFL back line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad