Preview Round 3 North vs Swans Saturday 1:45 pm: Changes & pre match discussion @Marvel

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a best 22 player on a good day, didn't have the legs for GWS or any fast team. Sydney's a bunch of plonkers aside from the likes of Papley, we'll be looking for precision kicks across HB and Pauly's a deft touch kick off the boot at stoppages, which there will be plenty of against them.

I haven't seen enough of Rhyce to suggest he takes favourites, we're like 10 games into the man's career and like I said, Marley would be a shoe-in if that was true, and its not like he's a mis-match against Sydney.

Ahern's been given an opportunity and he needs to take it. He'll get dropped next week if he doesn't show something you can bank on that.

Been so long since it's been this way.

Tactical changes. Changes just to give guys an opportunity. Changes to keep players on edge. No favorites. No ones papers stamped. You earn it.

It's refreshing.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So McDonald on papley then?
Atley on Heeney?
Kyron on Sam gray
Pittard on Hayward
Walker on Blakey
Taz on mccartin

I’d have McDonald on Heeny.

Blakey was a high level 200 meter runner at school. Dont mind Taz on him but we don’t want Blakey bringing Taz up the ground, away from goal. Spose we have Walker, he could stay closer to goal. Sydney have a pretty small forward line....Blakey is their tallest at 195cm.

Your mate MacMillan on Hayward.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’d have McDonald on Heeny.

Blakey was a high level 200 meter runner at school. Dont mind Taz on him but we don’t want Blakey bringing Taz up the ground, away from goal. Spose we have Walker, he could stay closer to goal. Sydney have a pretty small forward line....Blakey is their tallest at 195cm.

Your mate MacMillan on Hayward.

Wood

Been so long since it's been this way.

Tactical changes. Changes just to give guys an opportunity. Changes to keep players on edge. No favorites. No one's papers stamped. You earn it.

It's refreshing.

We, probably, need to remember that Marley blotted his copybook with his very careless action in a nothing game. Scamper could be sending a message that you can’t just walk back in. Who knows? I certainly don’t.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That might be worth a go. He'd have the wheels. Also agree with your other post. The last thing I want to see is high bombs to Brown.

Ziebell one out with one of shitney's little bloke.............hmmmmmm 6 goal big Z.

Apr 17, 2007
melb home of the kangas
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
hellas,liverpool,storm,au
Ziebell one out with one of shitney's little bloke.............hmmmmmm 6 goal big Z.

Think fox might be his matchup - similar size as jack.
Ahern hadn’t really done much in the last few AFL matches he’s played - woukk l d want to look interested this week.
NO bombing Policy or the swabs will have a field day.
Last week is gone - time to focus on our next task.

Sep 11, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’ve got so much faith in Shaw and what he’s doing at the club, IDGAF who comes in to be honest

I truly believe Shaw will not bring in anyone that hasn’t deserved it or pushed for the spot. Marley obviously doesn’t deserve to come straight back in, none of us know the true reasons behind that but we all should be confident that the reason is warranted

Marley in previous times would’ve just come in. Every single week was a selection nightmare, because you could train like s**t, be unfit, injured, out of form, exhausted but still be picked every week under Brad & Co.

Let’s embrace this and put some confidence in his decisions. He’s done everything else right so far!

Reginald0

Club Legend
Jul 30, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Scott looks like a kid, he needs to put the Feedbag on....Look at Curtis, that skinny bloke is playing his ass off but Bailey is too skinny
I happen to have a couple of spare kgs as it happens

Fish Sticks

All Australian
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just shows that Shaw is not playing favourites.....
I’d argue the opposite, considering nobody here had Ahern even in the discussion this week to come in...
I feel like Ahern might be one of Shaw’s favourites.
He has all the skills & can find the pill, he just seems to lack the urgency to make it at the level.
Shaw sees something he likes, like we all have. He is a bit of the forgotten man.
When he first come on the scene, he was racking up touches as a fat kid & we all thought we could build a midfield around him, LDU & TT.
Hope he can pull his finger out, cause this year could be do or die for him, if list sizes are reduced as expected.

Fish Sticks

All Australian
Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So after I had the pitchforks out for Ahern apparently returning from the break in bad shape, he is back in! Good strong vote of confidence from the coach, and perhaps (definitely) Paulie isn't in as bad a nick as reported. Thought Bailey might have survived but he is determined enough, he will be back. Strong side. Can't wait.
Where does this info come from? That Ahern come back out of shape from the break... same as what I’m hearing about Hosie... is this verified information from somebody close at the club? Or is it just Big Footy speculation?
I’m honestly just curious...

Did any single poster actually tip this change?

Posit it in any way?

Yeah, I did.

But the post in question also contained some really full-on, expletive-laden abuse of the Mods, so they had to delete it.

(As you know, OF, they're all deep state so they'll probably try to deny the above.)

Like a kiss on lips from the godfather 😏

Ha.

"Never hate your enemies. It affects your judgement."

Can't quite place where I heard that, but it seems apt.

Nah, it's all good, Dan. We owe them and as the famous saying goes - revenge is a dish best served cold. (Not sure where that one comes from either.)

Can’t remember the last time we had five Indigenous players in the side.

#BlackGunFootballersMatter

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Every time we play Sydney I think their undersized backline will be troubled by our tall forwards but it rarely eventuates. That game in 2018 at marvel where JZ kicked 5, Brown 4 and Maj 4 is probably the one exception (but we still lost). Rampe plays on brown every time and in the last 6 games against the swans browns kicked 1,4,1,2,2,1

Every time we play Sydney I think their undersized backline will be troubled by our tall forwards but it rarely eventuates. That game in 2018 at marvel where JZ kicked 5, Brown 4 and Maj 4 is probably the one exception (but we still lost). Rampe plays on brown every time and in the last 6 games against the swans browns kicked 1,4,1,2,2,1

Let’s hope the supporting cast, which includes the midfield, proves as effective as it did last weekend when BBB also had a mare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back