Game Day Round 3: Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we’ll be bottom 4. But we’re 100% going in the right direction. I think we could skyrocket up the ladder next year after more time with Jlos game plan and 1-2 new personnel coming in. Hopefully a ruckman who doesn’t go down.

I think we'll hover around 10-14 actually. We may only snag a win in Brisbane but we'll get a few more over here - we may finish up with 6-8 wins in a 17 game season.

Second coming of Buddy Franklin apparently. I for one would be tempted to tank just for the LOLs of making the Bulldogs pay top buck for him.

You say that as a joke but if we did have pick #1 and they had pick #6, if we didn't tell them they were going to be matching a bid at #1 I'd be disappointed.

We could trade #1 for #6, players or bulk picks

Greener on the other side.

Darcy can at least point to his games he played like the one against Lycett and Ryder last year. He's looking very solid for his age if we can the S&C part of it right.

Bulldogs with English won the hit-out count once last season. Grundy should be facing charges for what he did to English in R1, and I imagine if I pull up todays game he'd have been beaten again. We'll get him on the park, but what's the point?

Tbf, English was always going to take longer than Darcy due to his light build. Most knowledgeable draft followers were saying he’d take 5 years to become a regular player at AFL level.

Who knows where the two of them will be at the age of 26 but it’ll be an interesting journey.

You say that as a joke but if we did have pick #1 and they had pick #6, if we didn't tell them they were going to be matching a bid at #1 I'd be disappointed.

I'd be disappointed, but if we had pick one we've just ****ed the year beyond our worst nightmares, the fans will be baying for blood and the club will be going into huge damage control. It'd be a PR mistake to acknowledge a player to be the best of the draft then not get them due to the Bulldogs matching with NGA.

Pick 1 is a marketing tool to sell hope just as much as it's a gun player.

Anyone else find it depressing that we've played two games all year, and our first in three months, and people are already talking about draft picks? Just because we are temporarily on the gold cost, you sad sacks don't need to mimic their supporters.

Anyone else find it depressing that we've played two games all year, and our first in three months, and people are already talking about draft picks? Just because we are temporarily on the gold cost, you sad sacks don't need to mimic their supporters.
We’ve battled honorably in the two games. But we’re one or 2 injuries away to key players to becoming a non competitive.

Dont think anyone wants him dropped next week, especially since Darcy will be out. Most are just saying that at this point, you have to realise that Tabs is not going to turn into something he's not because his football IQ will always hold him back from mixing it with the best. With Darcy out, he is clearly needed since Lobb will be in the ruck.

I was personally saying Tabs doesnt need to be elite since Hogan is elite, a good FF will do.
Agree.
We’ve battled honorably in the two games. But we’re one or 2 injuries away to key players to becoming a non competitive.
But we’re one, two or three players away from battling with them.
It’s not a bad place to be. Look at the 22 and only loss by 1 goal and 2 goals in two weeks. Take 4 out and add Hill, Hogan, Wilson and Valente, suddenly its exciting and possible .
We’re not going to improve much more with Duman, Banfield, Schulz, Colyer running around. That’s clear.

Don’t understand why some feel we are going to be right down the bottom. We have got quite close in both the games are have played and we have some quite a few B22 players to come back in: Hogan, Hill, Acres, Wilson, Sturt, Hamling and Pearce.

That is seven B22 players right there. Maybe 5 of those could come in quite quickly. Then there are controversial players like Blakey and McCarthy who have, at times, shown a lot more than some of the guys that played yesterday. There are talented kids like Serong and Valente that could play soon.

We may have got off to a slow start, but by the second half of the year our team could look quite different than the 22 who played yesterday.

I reckon is reasonable to think that we will get 7 wins which will probably be around 12 or 13 on the ladder. Being an optimist I think we could be heading for a bit of a mid-to late season run that takes us to 9 wins and on the cusp of the eight.

What will be interesting is to see if we can improve our disposal and ball handling. This is still the biggest issue in us winning or losing.

Adelaide are depleted, awful. Port are youthful and have similar players to us. Will be good match up. Have a short backline so Hogan and Lobb must come in
Qua? Port had the equal forth oldest 22 yesterday (ours was 4th youngest. Take old man Mundy out we would have been second only to Gold Coast). List wise it's even more stark. We only had one player on the whole list either not injured or returning from injury with more than 50 games available: Blakley. Next cab of the rank was Crowden with 15.

Some strange talk here. There’s no f**king way we should consider any form of tanking. Name me one team who won a premiership after tanking?
Jamarra Ugle Hagan is going to the Bulldogs. End of story.
I’m interested in winning as many games as possible this year. It might only be 6 or 7. Hell - it might be just one or two. But at least go out and do your damnedest to win every game and compete in every quarter.
For me, a reasonable season would see us winning a few games including one or two wins against the top sides, our young players developing quickly and no 50 point beatings. I want to see us competitive in the 4th quarter of every game.
Worry about the draft order when the season is over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah - no Freomaniac. I'd rather that didn't occur.
Thought so.... You not as dumb or a as crazy as I thought you were....

Now imagine if Freo traded their 2020 1st rounder last season.

would of made very little sense if we "tanked" in 2020.

It ws bad enough this club went 0-17 in 2001.

Imagine if Freo went 0-10 again like we did in 2016. I remembered how badly it was in the freo board when that happened.

I see us going 0-5 or 1-4. I dont see us beating Port. Suns or Crows I can see us beating. then we get 4 games at home in which I hope we get a couple of winnable games.

I will say this..... If Freo does go 0-10, questions will be asked on certain departments such as recruiting, unpiring, the Strength and Conditioning department.

Hell some people on here will question whether sacking Ross Lyon late last season was a smart idea.

Some strange talk here. There’s no f**king way we should consider any form of tanking. Name me one team who won a premiership after tanking?
Jamarra Ugle Hagan is going to the Bulldogs. End of story.
I’m interested in winning as many games as possible this year. It might only be 6 or 7. Hell - it might be just one or two. But at least go out and do your damnedest to win every game and compete in every quarter.
For me, a reasonable season would see us winning a few games including one or two wins against the top sides, our young players developing quickly and no 50 point beatings. I want to see us competitive in the 4th quarter of every game.
Worry about the draft order when the season is over.
My thoughts exactly....

Only time I think freo tanked in recent years was at the end of 2018 when we decided to lay down to Geelong after we kicked the 1st 3 goals of the game and conceded the next 20 then the week after we lost to collingwood at home narrowly. Freo ended up getting pick 5 in 2018.

If this was a 22 game season. I wouldnt of cared if we finished 16th like we did in 2016 but at least got 6-7 wins rather than 4.

I actually think we can put it up to port Adelaide next weekend if we can get the right team on the park. I hope we see serong make his debut, add Sturt Wilson and Hogan then we are a different proposition.
We arent going 0-10 unless a dozen more players get injured.
Regarding Liam Henry - he looks miles off the conditioning required and we won’t see him for months. Don’t want to see him anywhere near a debut till he’s 100% ready physically. That is most likely in 2021.

We all agree Jason Webber and Dean Margetts are bad. How do we as members and fans stop them influencing our team?

I got a new name for tabs; space force. Named after trumps self created meme, fun to criticize but like all good memes we are glad it exists.

really?

I rather finish 16th with 6-7 wins then trade pick 3 and a 2021 3rd rounder for a teams 2020 1st, 2nd and a 3rd.

Hell, I rather finish with 14th with pick 5 and trade pick 5 and the 2021 3rd rounder for a mid, 1st, 2nd and 3rd. So like 10, 28 and 46

If Liam Henry is so far off being ready for AFL level footy, was he worth a top 10 pick?
David mundy was a pick in the 2003 draft. Didnt debut until round 7 or 8 in 2005. Played like 150 odd games in a row before he got injured. Worked out well in the end.

If anything, he might get a debut game in the final game of the season and play 2 quarters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back