Game Day Round 3: QClash(?) Suns vs Lions

Who were your three best players against Gold Coast?

• Lauren Arnell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Greta Bodey

• Shannon Campbell

• Dakota Davidson

• Jessy Keeffe

• Lily Postlethwaite

• Catherine Svarc

• Jesse Wardlaw

• Sharni Webb

• Emma Zielke

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Their intensity was better and they were often first to the footy, but even that doesn't justify some of the calls I saw in the last 5 mins. Unbelievable.

That was an umpires draw for sure, but we should have won anyway. Fourth quarter the few times we got some marks in the midfield we'd then kick it towards contests where we didn't have numbers. With that said we were definitely pushing when that bullshit throw got called, so I don't know what to tell you

That umpiring display was reminiscent.... tho not quite as bad .....as the GF win we were denied against the Bulldogs. Ludkins took 57 marks and didnt get BOG.

That was an umpires draw for sure, but we should have won anyway. Fourth quarter the few times we got some marks in the midfield we'd then kick it towards contests where we didn't have numbers. With that said we were definitely pushing when that bullshit throw got called, so I don't know what to tell you
That didn't look like a throw, a few seconds later Suns player throws the ball up in the air after being tackled. Play on.

I thought Howarth's goal in the last was superb. Kicking that one with that sort of pressure was an outstanding effort.

Still, 2 points is enough to keep us on top of the conference, and we remain unbeaten.

With everything said let's give some credit - I couldn't see who made the game saving smother from where I was sitting but it was magic, and there was some fantastic desperation down back. The girls look fantastic and next time they'll be better prepared to deal with the pressure and the.... Challenging officiating situation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That didn't look like a throw, a few seconds later Suns player throws the ball up in the air after being tackled. Play on.

Happened right in front of me, 100% handball. I think a sun's player was blocking the umps view but it's a mess that they gave the benefit of the doubt to the tackler without evidence, and unlike every other play of the game

Not invested enough to be angry but feel sorry for the girls. Really really bad. Good work though,good side, Ludkins is THE boss.

Key forwards getting outmarked make my head explode.
Agree, Dakota especially needs to learn how to bring the ball to ground when out of position. That will be a lot of learning game for the forward line.

Last edited:
Happened right in front of me, 100% handball. I think a sun's player was blocking the umps view but it's a mess that they gave the benefit of the doubt to the tackler without evidence, and unlike every other play of the game
First rule of umpiring is that you should never guess. Better to make a mistake.

With everything said let's give some credit - I couldn't see who made the game saving smother from where I was sitting but it was magic, and there was some fantastic desperation down back. The girls look fantastic and next time they'll be better prepared to deal with the pressure and the.... Challenging officiating situation
You are so right. I am really enjoying the girls footy this year. As an aside from Brissie, The G train last night (she looks a real player), Eden Zanker, Kiara Bowers, Kate Lutkins, Karen Paxman and Georgia Patrikios for the Saints let alone players like Daisy P who amazes me with her balance and calmness under pressure.
I really hope the AFL supports and lets the women's game flourish.

You are so right. I am really enjoying the girls footy this year. As an aside from Brissie, The G train last night (she looks a real player), Eden Zanker, Kiara Bowers, Kate Lutkins, Karen Paxman and Georgia Patrikios for the Saints let alone players like Daisy P who amazes me with her balance and calmness under pressure.
I really hope the AFL supports and lets the women's game flourish.

Real rivalries will help it grow. Sounds like that's already there for the blues - pies, and after the unsatisfying conclusion to tonight's game I have a strong interest in us flogging the sun's in the next q-clash. Aflw has come a long way in less than half a decade, reckon it's definitely a goer

ok calmed down and had a piece of pie.

some really really really nice movement of the ball in the first half, finished off with some quality kicking for goal.

then when the gold coast got on a run we started kicking to bad options, and some goals went missing. Seems our luck of breaking tackles has gone missing today too, a few more holding the balls than usual it seems.

i really want to watch the replay on the site and actually see if the ump decisions i was yelling out at were truly there... but maybe that just an exercise in futility.

in the first season we powered through some questionable ump decisions, truly we should have done that today, but really the GC were a quality opponent!

a really good rivalry, and at least it was better than the western australia derby :p

Real rivalries will help it grow. Sounds like that's already there for the blues - pies, and after the unsatisfying conclusion to tonight's game I have a strong interest in us flogging the sun's in the next q-clash. Aflw has come a long way in less than half a decade, reckon it's definitely a goer
I agree. Football is all about tribalism. Wait till Essendon get a women's team and I will mock them like I do their blokes team. No mercy.

Back