Round 3 Rising Star Nomination

Remove this Banner Ad

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
From the games ive seen so far this weekend in order ones to catch my eye were:

Higgins - Solid game, uses the ball extremely well
Pendlebury - Poised performance, had an average first half though, came good when they got ontop.
Jones - Great first up game for the saints, is a steal for a rookie pick, looks like he has a big future ahead.
Douglas - Solid game
Toovey - Was O.K, bit overhyped, he kicked a few goals, but was about it
Gibbs - Used the footy well when he did get it

Out of Jones, Pendlebury and Douglas for mine so far.

Ones too look out for tomorrow

Prismall
Hawkins
Selwood
L.Thomas
Trotter
N.Jones
Ellis

Liked the look of Clinton Jones for the Saints too.

Probably didn't do enough for a nomination but looks like a little excitement packet.

23 years old. One of the nicest blokes you will ever meet though. Couldnt have gone to a more deserving person that opportunity.

Liked the look of Clinton Jones for the Saints too.

Probably didn't do enough for a nomination but looks like a little excitement packet.
I think he is too old by a few years.

But looks pretty good. Clubs should give more mature-aged players carving it up in the local leagues a go. The new rule will be utilised a bit more I think.

Pendles on top of 2 close chances in rounds one and two...gotta go consistency over one game wonders...therefore.

Gibbs or Pendlebury or Higgins...SO FAR

Pendles probably for mine.

Will reward him on the back of some solid performances like Wood was rewarded for.

I think he is too old by a few years.

But looks pretty good. Clubs should give more mature-aged players carving it up in the local leagues a go. The new rule will be utilised a bit more I think.

Wow, had no idea he was a mature rookie recruit. Looked young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Toovey - Was O.K, bit overhyped, he kicked a few goals, but was about it

I think it was one of the most underhyped 3 goal debuts ever. Quite rightly though and I don't think he deserves a rising star nomination. I don't think he's ever practiced goal kicking in his life, he's played full back most of his junior career and has been developed as a mid-sized defender/tagger for us. If he was more classy there would be a lot of people going on about how good this player will be. Most of us Collingwood supporters who know of Toovey aren't going overboard by any extent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back