Preview Round 3, Sydney Swans vs GWS Giants, Sat 9th April, 4.35pm, SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
Well, this Saturday is going to be interesting.

Both teams will be coming off 6 day breaks; we've just had an important maiden win over a tough team in Geelong, the Swans are coming off another easy win, this time against Carlton.

We accounted for the Swans pretty convincingly at Drummoyne Oval a month ago, which probably won't mean anything for Saturday but I'd rather be going into this game having beaten them the way we did.

Can we get a maiden SCG win?

We'd have to play a tough, contested, four quarter game to win; today was good preparation for that, especially as they came at us hard and this time we managed to hang on.

As for the Swans, they haven't had to try too hard for their wins so far, especially last week. Sometimes easy games aren't that helpful.

We need to replace Caleb Marchbank, is Nick Haynes going to be available? It would be handy to get him back for this match.

It should be a cracker. Play to the best of our ability and we're a real chance. So let's all make sure there's as much orange in the crowd as possible.

Go Giants!

The boys should go into this one pretty confident of getting over the top in this one.

I think Patfull is the only like for like replacement we have if Marchbank doesn't get up. Haynes and Mohr would still be a couple of weeks based on Leon's comments. Finlayson is out injured.

Outside of potentially Marchbank I hope we go in unchanged.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

20 plus years has me hating going to Swans home games, their supporters have zero IQ on footy etiquette

Is there an orange area we can get tickets in?
If not I'm content with the tele this week

We usually get put into Bays 1,2 and 3 in the Bradman Stand:

www.austadiums.com/stadiums/stadiums_seating.php?id=113

I'd encourage you to come and support the team, they need our help and it will be such good fun if we win.

Logged in my ticketek account but not seeing a way to get club tickets, can manually select those bays though, is that standard fare?

Yes, that seems to be standard procedure for the away team at the SCG, whoever it is.

And there's been a pleasing increase in the amount of orange in those bays over the past couple of seasons. :)

I recommend we wait for club communications. Best if we're all in same bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Confident about this week.
Extra rest and easier game{etihad is a killer on the feet and legs}
Dont think swans rucks are up to our standard.
The young new swans players will struggle against our physicality at the ball.
Our spread is to quick for them.
Not sure if their backline can stand up to our bigger forwards.
Mids could be a contest for everyone to enjoy.Cant pick the winner here.
A 2/1 start would be icing on the finals charge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Confident about this week.
Extra rest and easier game{etihad is a killer on the feet and legs}
Dont think swans rucks are up to our standard.
The young new swans players will struggle against our physicality at the ball.
Our spread is to quick for them.
Not sure if their backline can stand up to our bigger forwards.
Mids could be a contest for everyone to enjoy.Cant pick the winner here.
A 2/1 start would be icing on the finals charge.
I thought it'd be a pretty tight contest this week, but having read this list I'm tipping Giants by 20 goals at least.

What changes are you guys expecting to make to your team? Tomlinson had a big day out in the NEAFL, but WHE played well against Geelong and I think they are fighting for that mobile forward spot.

Marchbank is out for sure, if Haynes is game fit I think he is more likely than Patfull to play.
Williams, Tomlinson and Hopper all played well in the NEAFL game, but unlikely to come in.

Palmer and Kennedy were both quite and Patton had the yips, but not sure any of them go out

Monster stats from Thommo on the weekend. Don't be surprised, though, to find the change being...

Out: Marchbank
In: Tomlinson

He's played down there before and if Patton is given one more week.... You can also swing him forward if needed.

Wouldn't be the worst idea, we don't really have a third tall forward at the moment - Heeney or Towers is the closest to that position. Davis/Corr could mark Franklin/resting ruck and Buntine on Heeney/Towers

Nervous for this game but we are in with a chance, need to make sure we bring a high intensity to the midfield contest and also need Davis with support to cover Franklin after his performances this season. With Marchbank looking unlikely and the importance of this game do they bring in Patfull for his experience or Tomlinson after his neafl performance

I really want to see WHE stay fit and put a good run of games together. Reckon he's one of the originals I was most excited about but hasn't truly shown his full potential as yet.

I need to find some new 'my boys' and he's it now that Adams and Treloar have jumped shipped to my other beloved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back