Autopsy Round 3 Sydney vs Collingwood frustration thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Last week I posted that Pies could beat us if they kicked straight. Well they did. I said they were a talented team who only needed the confidence to hit targets. They showed that in the first quarter. Unfortunately we were the ones in the firing line.

The bottom line is there's nothing wrong with our game plan but we struggle to execute it. We have more injuries than we can sustain plus a number of under done players who need to play back into form. We don't have the luxury of omitting them. The plus side is we have uncovered some more talent. The other plus is we have personnel coming back in. We'll make finals but not top spot. We might even miss the top four. Again, the plus side is we'll be fresher at the pointy end of the season (for a nice change).

We will win games through supreme effort. They are not going to come easy, or even easier until we have a full and fit complement of players.

What can team/players do in the meantime ?

1) Jones needs to improve his awareness
2) Parker needs to improve his field kicking
3) Hanners needs to improve his set shots (though he did get his second one this time, he always misses his first)
4) Buddy needs to go back to basics when the magic isn't switched on
5) Aliir needs to play closer to his man (when needed). He used to play loose/tight exactly as the situation demanded but he seems to be plaing off his man too much.
6) Defence needs leadership/coordination
7) Handballs need to be longer and more accurate. Practice, practice, practice.
8) Too many being sucked onto the ball. Opposition are picking up anything that comes out of the congestion.
8a) Too many easy possessions to opposition teams - Kennedy (and leadership group) need to make the calls in the game, not wait for 1/4 time feedback. They need to call the tempo, when to man up, when to keep possession.
9) Rampe, why did you do something so stupid as tripping over a little chain fence ? I want to kick you.
10) We need to get players back. Play them back into form in the seniors (if it won't aggravate an injury). They won't be any worse than tired players on a six day break and travel to Perth. Sit Papley and Heeney in the pockets if needed. Heeney is a marking target who will worry defenders. Too many are going up to spoil Reid/Buddy knowing we lack crumbing power.

Last week I posted that Pies could beat us if they kicked straight. Well they did. I said they were a talented team who only needed the confidence to hit targets. They showed that in the first quarter. Unfortunately we were the ones in the firing line.

The bottom line is there's nothing wrong with our game plan but we struggle to execute it. We have more injuries than we can sustain plus a number of under done players who need to play back into form. We don't have the luxury of omitting them. The plus side is we have uncovered some more talent. The other plus is we have personnel coming back in. We'll make finals but not top spot. We might even miss the top four. Again, the plus side is we'll be fresher at the pointy end of the season (for a nice change).

We will win games through supreme effort. They are not going to come easy, or even easier until we have a full and fit complement of players.

3) Hanners needs to improve his set shots (though he did get his second one this time, he always misses his first)
5) Aliir needs to play closer to his man (when needed). He used to play loose/tight exactly as the situation demanded but he seems to be plaing off his man too much.
8) Too many being sucked onto the ball. Opposition are picking up anything that comes out of the congestion.
8a) Too many easy possessions to opposition teams - Kennedy (and leadership group) need to make the calls in the game, not wait for 1/4 time feedback. They need to call the tempo, when to man up, when to keep possession.
9) Rampe, why did you do something so stupid as tripping over a little chain fence ? I want to kick you.
10) We need to get players back. Play them back into form in the seniors (if it won't aggravate an injury). They won't be any worse than tired players on a six day break and travel to Perth. Sit Papley and Heeney in the pockets if needed. Heeney is a marking target who will worry defenders. Too many are going up to spoil Reid/Buddy knowing we lack crumbing power.

You're doing it all wrong Bungee.
Where is your call to sack the coach?
What about those dastardly kids and their inability to play 4 quarters of AFL standard footy in their first handful of games. Delist.

Whats the gameplan?

It's AFL. If you play 11 rookies you're probably going to get done. Calling for a change of coach is simply bloody silly. It's one of those starts to the year where we've just been s**t outta luck. Heeney and Rampe are huge losses. You can play 2 or 3 kids who'll get around that 10-12 possessions but you can't play 5. We have to, that's all there is to it.

I'm a fan of Hewett but he has to get the ball more. He has to get it 25 times. To think with that many rookies and only playing 3 quarters we got to within a point is incredible. Yes, we have a couple of tough ones ahead but it is what it is. Hopefully we'll snag one of them but if we don't, well, we're going to struggle to make it. But if we make it, look out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow - hawks.
I feel oddly odd at their demise

I'm old enough to remember the Berlin Wall falling.

The vibe at the time was, "that wasn't so hard. What was all the fuss sbout?".

Now if Eddie's Presidency can just implode the way Caeausescu's did the season won't be a complete bust.

I'm old enough to remember the Berlin Wall falling.

The vibe at the time was, "that wasn't so hard. What was all the fuss sbout?".

Now if Eddie's Presidency can just implode the way Caeausescu's did the season won't be a complete bust.

There's a long list of potential silver linings this season...
-Bucks gets sacked before half way
- Eddie resigns
-Hawks finish bottom and gift away pick 1
- Bulldogs lose a final because of a single poor umpiring decision late in the game
-Richmond fall in heap and finish 9th
- GWS lose in the prelim again.

There's a long list of potential silver linings this season...
-Bucks gets sacked before half way
- Eddie resigns
-Hawks finish bottom and gift away pick 1
- Bulldogs lose a final because of a single poor umpiring decision late in the game
-Richmond fall in heap and finish 9th
- GWS lose in the prelim again.
I already feel a whole lot better about being 0-3.

You're doing it all wrong Bungee.
Where is your call to sack the coach?
What about those dastardly kids and their inability to play 4 quarters of AFL standard footy in their first handful of games. Delist.
Delist the bigfooty Swans board. Let's get some new blood. I'm getting on too. Soft tissue injuries. Hard tissue injuries......

Delist the bigfooty Swans board. Let's get some new blood. I'm getting on too. Soft tissue injuries. Hard tissue injuries......

we recruited that essendon kid

failed :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back