Autopsy Round 3 Sydney vs Collingwood frustration thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a long list of potential silver linings this season...
-Bucks gets sacked before half way
- Eddie resigns
-Hawks finish bottom and gift away pick 1
- Bulldogs lose a final because of a single poor umpiring decision late in the game
-Richmond fall in heap and finish 9th
- GWS lose in the prelim again.

Fyfe loses the man bun and other players follow suit. It goes the way of the mullet and years later we laugh and wonder how any man could wear one.

ps. While I was looking for a good mullet shot I found this. I want one - and it was my birthday on Saturday (hint)

cyril-mug.jpeg

Mike Fitzpatrick won the game for the Magpies.
If he was still in power, the game would have been at ANZ Stadium, which would have suited the Swans. For the first time in Magpie history (at least in my lifetime), a smaller ground suits them (more stoppages - strong midfield).

Nice discussion.

Those guys seemed to find more upside in Sydney's loss than collingwood's win.

Mark Maclure ranks Aliir as #2 fullback in the comp after Rance.
Thanks for posting - interesting to rank Aliir as #2 back, have the strategy to build up to the end of season (would have thought more imposed by number of injuries?). Positive comments about a Swans loss!

Mike Fitzpatrick won the game for the Magpies.
If he was still in power, the game would have been at ANZ Stadium, which would have suited the Swans. For the first time in Magpie history (at least in my lifetime), a smaller ground suits them (more stoppages - strong midfield).

Yeah no.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I FEEL ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL!
So much for Clarkson the genius. He enjoyed the luck of a champion list but now they've aged. He hasn't managed the rebuild at all well. He's given away his future picks and now they're cooked. Is it a coincidence that adding Tom Mitchell has taken them from the best kicking team in the comp to one of the worst ? I wasn't the only one that saw that coming.

Meanwhile, under Horse, despite a brutal run of injuries, we're very much in it. There's a good reason for the optimism on this board, despite the 0-3 start. Horse has led a quiet restocking of players over a few years, playing kids and developing them into the next generation of gems. Even if we're unsuccessful this year (though I believe we will get there and possibly in very good finals form), we still have a very bright future ahead of us. We've got a young list, we've got plenty of good players to return and we have a seemingly endless stream of youngsters emerging, who are learning the dark arts of the Horse under the intense pressure of battle, like some army of Orcs pouring forth from the pits of fire.

So much for Clarkson the genius. He enjoyed the luck of a champion list but now they've aged. He hasn't managed the rebuild at all well. He's given away his future picks and now they're cooked. Is it a coincidence that adding Tom Mitchell has taken them from the best kicking team in the comp to one of the worst ? I wasn't the only one that saw that coming.

Meanwhile, under Horse, despite a brutal run of injuries, we're very much in it. There's a good reason for the optimism on this board, despite the 0-3 start. Horse has led a quiet restocking of players over a few years, playing kids and developing them into the next generation of gems. Even if we're unsuccessful this year (though I believe we will get there and possibly in very good finals form), we still have a very bright future ahead of us. We've got a young list, we've got plenty of good players to return and we have a seemingly endless stream of youngsters emerging, who are learning the dark arts of the Horse under the intense pressure of battle, like some army of Orcs pouring forth from the pits of fire.

We arent in it at 0-3 surely

We arent in it at 0-3 surely
We've done it before. We have a stack of players to come back. We have a stack of players working to find form. We're at less risk of running out of juice at the pointy end of the season. We've had a chance to develop some more depth. What's not to be optmisitc about ?

We've done it before. We have a stack of players to come back. We have a stack of players working to find form. We're at less risk of running out of juice at the pointy end of the season. We've had a chance to develop some more depth. What's not to be optmisitc about ?

Well personally I will back the side in. But I would think 0-3 justifies a bit of pessimism

Who won the last flag from a 0-3 start?

Watching parts of this game has filled me with so much ease. I'm not concerned with this season anymore. Whether we pull through or not I know we're in real good hands. Watching Hayward, Aliir, Jones, Florent we have a good team for a solid 5-7 years ahead

Mills and Heeney too! Parker and Hanners are young-ish as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back