Trades Round 3 trade plans

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let them do it. I've given up trying to explain to people what a dumb move it is. He should score well and has cast iron job security.

I won't be surprised if Ward makes more money than Rachele or JHF. In terms of final profit, rookie scores in R1 or 2 don't mean much. Look at Stephens from last night for example. His 90 odd from last week will mean diddly squat if you hold him for more than 2 more weeks in terms of final sale price. Ditto Rachele's massive first round.

Have you even checked what their respective BE's are before you made this comment?

Hi Legends
Think I will keep Gawn but Whitfield need to go.

Thoughts?

Whitfield -> Bowey
or
Whitfield -> Docherty
or
Can you see a better option

Capture.PNG

Hi Legends
Think I will keep Gawn but Whitfield need to go.

Thoughts?

Whitfield -> Bowey
or
Whitfield -> Docherty
or
Can you see a better option

View attachment 1360443
Sicily or Young
and then turn Baldwin into Xerri/Brodie?
(or get Bowey and do that trade and hold some $$$)

out of your options, I'd go the premo, so Doch

Anyone else thinking or have traded Gawn to Jackson?

Jackson looks primed and ready for a break out season

But, trading out Gawn!

50/50 for me atm
Yep, told myself I wouldn’t but YOLO.

Figure Gawn is going to regress to 100-105 average, Jackson is going to increase his output to 95-100 average. That’s a +200k difference, and a 260k cash injection right now.

Then upgraded Whitfield to Andrew Brayshaw.

McGovern to Heeney.

Team looks mint now :fire:

Yep, told myself I wouldn’t but YOLO.

Figure Gawn is going to regress to 100-105 average, Jackson is going to increase his output to 95-100 average. That’s a +200k difference, and a 260k cash injection right now.

Then upgraded Whitfield to Andrew Brayshaw.

McGovern to Heeney.

Team looks mint now :fire:
Yeah, stuff it - YOLO

charlize theron film GIF

I have a quandary I'd like some input on.

Here's the situation.

I have 28 green dots.

My red dots are P.Voss, my def/fwd floating donut, and Owens.

I have a bit of coin that I want to use.

It's either Owens > Caldwell or Voss > Bowey.

If I go Caldwell, Daicos shuffles down to M9.

If I go Bowey, he's D6, Hinge is D7 and McCartin is semi-permanently deployed forward.

Because Stephens spudded as my mid E, if I keep Owens, I have to pick a straightout C because there's no way to loophole without taking the 24.

If I go Bowey I'll miss owning Voss. I have a double def/fwd link, with Voss and DeKoning at one end and McCartin and Skinner at the other. Voss is handy.

But I think Bowey makes my best 22 better than Caldwell does. (because I think Daicos is better than McCartin/Hinge)

Who should I trade in?

Edit: I lied about 28 green dots. Also have Dixon at R3 who may not play. Actually hope he doesn't

Here's the situation.

I have 28 green dots.

If I go Bowey, he's D6, Hinge is D7 and McCartin is semi-permanently deployed forward.

Because Stephens spudded as my mid E, if I keep Owens, I have to pick a straightout C because there's no way to loophole without taking the 24.

If I go Bowey I'll miss owning Voss. I have a double def/fwd link, with Voss and DeKoning at one end and McCartin and Skinner at the other. Voss is handy.

But I think Bowey makes my best 22 better than Caldwell does. (because I think Daicos is better than McCartin/Hinge)

Who should I trade in?

Edit: I lied about 28 green dots. Also have Dixon at R3 who may not play. Actually hope he doesn't

Caldwell and hang on to the defender rookies

Here's the situation.

I have 28 green dots.

Who should I trade in?

Do you have mcdonald from the hawks...he'll be a m/f swing when they update the positions after round 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm trading in Bowey and Caldwell this week.
Bowey will be my d4 with hinge and Mccartin
Caldwell will be my m7 and Daicos moves to the bench.
Both Bowey and Caldwell have good money making abilities but you would think caldwell will score more.

Id choose Caldwell as its the safer bet.
If Bowey is a bust I have a huge warchest so I could upgrade him to hall next week.
Owens isn't ready so I think unlikely to get another game soon.

All the best with whatever you decide!

Did you read what I wrote?

What does this weeks b/e have to do with how much money they make overall? Very little.

It's like using tomorrows rainfall to predict the monthly rainfall total.

Define overall? When you decide to trade them or overall come years end? Big difference.

You're right if you are talking about their respective prices come years end, however, if you're talking more money in short term (3-5 weeks) then their BE have a big impact.

Im only going off the stats we have, who knows.....Ward could go nuts and score 200 and Rach could score -10.

I see what you mean though bro.

As an English owner, an relieved, but he's honestly a touch lucky.
They way he rotated with it and the elbow slipped up...

Blakey got up and played on, it was never going to be a suspension.

If he had been concussed English would have got weeks.

AFL logic.

I'm ranked 290, and I'm set on trading Gawn and Whitfield.

I'm taking the chance on them both staying down. Need to stay scoring high, as well as getting some cash generation.

Gawn > Jackson
Whitfield > Hall
Owens > Brodie
+ $90k

The Jackson trade was set to be English, but the Stef Martin factor (even though not playing tonight) has potential to drag his scores down, and the potential for more forward play with Naughton's niggles is concerning. If he scores well, I can always get him in later for $50k-$70k more.
Jackson was very impressive last week, just wonderful to watch. He could be a top 10 FWD this year if he can become consistent. Spending under $400k for possibly another FWD keeper is a no-brainer. I have Hayes and Xerri FWD, and Dixon on RUC bench, allowing me superb flexibility.

The Hall trade is a no-brainer. Not going the Bowey route, as I still need high scorers in my team to remain top 1,000.
A fit Hall is likely to become the top defender of the year, so grabbing him now will help set-up my year. Another option is Docherty (love him!) but I have Cripps and Hewett (D4) already, and trying to limit clubs to max 2 players (Another reason for no English, as have Macrae/Dunkley).

Getting Brodie for Owens is a genuine upgrade, as Brodie has the potential make good cash, whilst adding 80+ each week to my score. Fyfe's back surgery convinced me of his JS, and he looked good last week. Also gets another rookie out of my 22 (this week Hayes/Rachelle/N.Martin). Brodie will sit at F5, with Xerri at F6.

Also grants me $90k to my kitty for future upgrades.

These trades could make or break me, but it's all or nothing. Why finish top 1k, when you can try to win the damn thing!!!!

Thoughts, kentlemen?

View attachment 1359619

I have reversed all of these trades, and will run with Whitfield and Gawn.

Think I might do Owens > Macdonald instead.
If Hough and Dixon play, I'll have 29 green ticks (Worner my DEF/MID looper)

Is this team better? (32 trades remaining, after Dusty > Heeney and Baldwin > Rachele last week).

Or should I go for broke with my earlier thoughts?
Gawn > Jackson
Whitfield > Hall
Owens > Brodie

1648799586692.png

Is this team better? (32 trades remaining, after Dusty > Heeney and Baldwin > Rachele last week).

Gawn > Jackson
Whitfield > Hall
Owens > Brodie

View attachment 1360603
Can you trade just one of Gawn or Whitfield?

Gawn > Jackson
Whitfield > Hall
Owens > Brodie

View attachment 1360603
Gawn > Jackson
Whitfield > Hall
Owens > Brodie

What difference do you see in their scoring/cash gen? Is that worth using a trade for?

Caldwell will get more mid time, but are Essendon going struggle with their best mid out?

I have neither player, but wouldn't trade in that position. Berry down to an important rookie might be a better option if you missed one.
Ended up tossing a coin for it and it said TRADE so I did. Wish me luck!

Ended up tossing a coin for it and it said TRADE so I did. Wish me luck!
Lock it in - Caldwell will ton up tonight.
He did well and played as scripted, i.e. did not entice too many other teams by keeping just under the radar in RD1 & RD2 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back