Trades Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

I started with A.Hall thinking GC would do alright this year. It looks as though they are having a tough time of it and I reckon his scoring will reflect that so I've moved him on for Gaff. Still a POD with only 8% ownership and with Mitchell now at the Eagles it looks as though he will receive great service as he runs around the outside of stoppages.

Was tempted by Oliver and Murphy but I can see either of them holding such a high average

What makes you suggest going Murphy over Oliver? I think there's a lot more potential to make money on Oliver.

Yeah just a concern on his age and the fact he's a 2nd year player he's a bit of an unknown. Murphy has the runs on the board, I'm pretty sure back in the day he averaged 110+.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah just a concern on his age and the fact he's a 2nd year player he's a bit of an unknown. Murphy has the runs on the board, I'm pretty sure back in the day he averaged 110+.

Only averaged over 110 once in 2011, and 2 x over 100 in '09 and '12.

Might do better with cripps now but not as reliable as everyone makes him out to be

I wouldn't have either personally but I'd trust Murphy more than Oliver.

Murphy is a stepping stone for me got him from the start for this purpose. Once he's stopped making cash will trade him to a Merrett or Dangerfield.

Definitely not a long term keeper.

What makes you suggest going Murphy over Oliver? I think there's a lot more potential to make money on Oliver.
1. History. Murph has scored like this before, Oliver has never scored this high before for one game, let alone 2 in a row.
2. Potential impact of Jordan Lewis being suspended. Does the attention Lewis garnered shift to Oliver?

Hibberd and bowes to Newman and Balic or Mills and bowes to Newman and Franklin?

Tough call.

As long as you get rid of Bowes, I'd consider anything else a bonus.

Lewis played off the half back flank last weekend though so don't think he took much attention off Oliver.

Lewis has appeared at a lot of clearances in the last two games playing a blocking role to let their other mids get first use of the ball.

I think it could impact their scoring. Could be wrong though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big news on the selection front already. Zac Dawson to be dropped from the freo squad. Expecting defensive carnage this week lol

Berry and Balic named with Long on the extended bench.

Whats the priority?

I've gone GHS to Balic at M7 and Barrett to Berry at this stage.

Yep I think both will score well.

I think Balic and Berry will get a good run in both teams and both have ceilings from what I've read.

I'm in a predicament as I have J. Smith in DEF, M. Kennedy in FWD, GHS and Barret in the midfield

Most likely all won't be playing this week.

currently considering J.Smith > Berry & M. Kennedy > Balic

Genuinely unsure who to trade out first out of my non-playing rooks, they will all need to go over the next 2 weeks.

Oliver being a second year player is what concerns me the most, however Macare averaged 104ppg in his second season. If I was to select Oliver it would've be with the idea of keeping him long term, I see both him and Murphy as potential stepping stones so it's not the end of season average that worries me. In saying that Marc Murphy hasn't averaged over 100 since 2012 and with him costing 80k more than Oliver is there as much room to make cash?
1. History. Murph has scored like this before, Oliver has never scored this high before for one game, let alone 2 in a row.
2. Potential impact of Jordan Lewis being suspended. Does the attention Lewis garnered shift to Oliver?
1. Hard to talk history on a player who's only played one season. As I mentioned with Macrae before he averaged 104 in his second season however he averaged just 63 in his first season (FWIW Oliver averaged 68)
2. I'm watching AFL Teams on Fox Footy as I type this, Lewis has spent an average of 62% of his game on the ball where as Oliver has spent 97% of his game following the ball. Over the first two games Lewis has only attended 13 centre bounces over the first two games. I don't think it'll have a huge affect on his scoring.

I think Murphy will average more come the seasons end but can he make more money from this point in the season that Oliver is my tea question.

I think Barrett stays in Brisbane's team this week. Don't think we'd go in with Scache, McStay, Hipwood and Close, so Close is likely to be dropped. C. Beams and Dawson also unlikely to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back