Trades Round 3 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm most likely offloading MacRae this week. Had a terrible role on the weekend being stranded out on the wing. Without his goal, he scraped in a low 50! Ultimately he failed the eye test for me - didn't look interested so now, neither am I.

4 options that I’m choosing between:

1) Whitfield/Bont/Cavarra —> Bailey/Mcgrath/Pittonet (Ceglar fwd, Pitt to R2)

2) as above, however Neale instead of Mcgrath

3) Bont/Cavarra/Cumming —> Bailey/Mcgrath/$170k def rook (Starcevich/Brander to D6)

4) Bont/Xerri/Cavarra —> Bennel/Bailey/Pittonet (Pitt R3)

Thoughts?

Going to play a pretty straight bat this week and probably keep Macrae.

Thinking

Brodie Smith to Rivers
Cummings to Starcevich
Naismith to Bailey Smith.

Moves Ceglar to R2 with Smith taking his spot in the fwd line and $192k in the bank for next week.

Brodie Smith > Howe
MacPherson > Bailey Smith
Hopper > Oliver/Gaff

However if Naismith to Pittonet is almost a must if Nai is out again unless Cameron keeps his spot and I put him R2. Risky though

Where I'm leaning at the moment.
Bro Smith > Petracca F1 via Lukosius back
Xerri > Pittonet R2
Roberton or Cummings > Rivers D7

Brodie Smith —> Howe
Sam Jacobs —> Pittonet $$
Cavarra (Or Davis) —> Bailey Smith

I am real shitty I didn’t stick with Bailey Smithat the start of the season, legitimately had him in as a POD for most of the pre season and bitched out at the last minute. At least I have him in my keeper league

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm most likely offloading MacRae this week. Had a terrible role on the weekend being stranded out on the wing. Without his goal, he scraped in a low 50! Ultimately he failed the eye test for me - didn't look interested so now, neither am I.

FWIW, I'm going to hold Macrae. He's playing on the wing while Hunter is suspended, but should be back in the guts after that (if the coach has a brain...).

He looked pretty disengaged playing out of position last year, but was fine once he was back on the inside. I figure I'd just be trading him back in a few weeks, if/when he gets his spot back - so will hold and use the trade to fix another problem.

FWIW, I'm going to hold Macrae. He's playing on the wing while Hunter is suspended, but should be back in the guts after that (if the coach has a brain...).

He looked pretty disengaged playing out of position last year, but was fine once he was back on the inside. I figure I'd just be trading him back in a few weeks, if/when he gets his spot back - so will hold and use the trade to fix another problem.
Hes a hold for me as well, he will still be worth good dollars if he fails again this week giving us options. Id hope people have more pressing issues, if not i salute you all :D

3 weeks is a long time :( I definitely agree that he'll repay the faith eventually - but until then it seems like Bailey Smith has been handed the keys for now. Hope I can pick him back up again soon!

Of course, it'll be rookie carnage and I'll do none of what I plan during my week...😜

Have changed my trades a few times this week

I've now decided on the following (keen on people's thoughts)

SMITH >RIVERS
JACOBS > PITTONET
CAVARRA > BA SMITH

I think Pittonet has the potential to score quite well. He has a great run coming up against average rucks and average 98 in the VFL last year. Jacobs was nowhere to be seen around the ground on the weekend, I'm not sure if the giants want the ball in his hands as much as a Gawn/Grundy/Goldstein.
These trades means I can turn an average performing player such as Greenwood or Cerra into a Steele/Rockliff/Lloyd next week as well.
Happy to keep Naismith, he should be a good cash cow when he returns from injury and should get his spot back after a solid round 1 effort.

Need to quickly fix up my ruck setup as I'll get left behind (rucks are the big scorers) if I don't get in the big dogs. The injury to Naismith (my orig. 2nd ruck) and the good form of Sinclair on the weekend has screwed the pooch; Naismith aint coming back anytime soon.

Goldstein is the man I'm gravitating towards. Form is good, plays essentially a lone ruck role and has some games coming up under the roof at Marvel.

To make this happen, Macrae gets the flick for Bailey Smith (channeling the inner Bevo there) and woeful Brodie Smith (just shitful) is dispensed with for Trent Rivers.

Finally Cavarra (broken hand) is given his marching orders and Cameron becomes the ruck bench with big Goldy now running in tandem with Grundy => GrundStein.

r3-aflfantasy.jpg

Last edited:
Do we think Simpkin is the real deal? or still to early to get him in??

Absolutely.

He's rock hard fit and looks really strong.

Think he's #4th in the AFL for score involvements (8 per game) and averaging 5 or 6 clearances a game.

He has awesome vision and really good foot skills for a center square midfielder.

The only bloke who might beat him in North's B&F is Goldstein imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back