Game Day Round 3 v Sydney, @MCG, Sunday 2 April

Remove this Banner Ad

Grundy dominating, hes always played his best footy given the solo ruck duties all day. Obviously sucks that Gawn is hurt and you need him back, but have no doubt Grundy will lift while hes out.
I hope Maxy does not come back ahead of the 4 weeks.

Our mids need to learn to work better without the silver service. Shark the opposition tap outs, and harass them when they got it. (Being the hunters of opponents in close).

We were definitely 'The HUNTED', against the Lions... We're better, the other way around.

the Selwyn effect on full display now
We finished the game strong... and I think, iinm, maybe the Swans dipped their lids just a little, as we pulled away.

Our intensity outlasted the swans, and Our mobile forwards tore them up, when the Swans let the game open up in the 2nd half... space aplenty inside our front half.

I think the Swans looked a bit bamboozled in the 2nd half.

This has been a great game, Trac has been meh, no Gawn. A lot of lesser lights stepping up in midfield/forward
IMO, The swans like to push our mids into a bait-ball, and pick off the one with the ball. = Tracca. Oli, or whoever.

We are at our most vulnerable, when all our mids are in 'too tight'.

Still have to defend or you end up with Bailey ball mediocrity, belting s**t teams and getting belted by decent teams.
There was a few contested plays, especially in the first half, where some of our players did not put the body fully on the line to win the contested Low ball.
Fritsch, and can't remember who else, (I'll have to go back to the replay) a couple of times, only half put the body in line with the ball. designed to try to steal the ball rather than halve the contest. Leaving the Swans with a comfortable possession.

Fritsch did it 2 or 3 times himself. 'cheap play', which can be culture sapping stuff.

I'll get back to the replay, to check the others again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back