Round 3 v Western Bulldogs, Saturday Night @ Etihad Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Tory Dickson pulled off ground at Nth Ballarat, is bound for Etihad. Late change for Dogs is looking likely.

Wonder if it's potentially a strategic change, or a reaction to a sniff of a Saint late change?

It had better not be. We'd have to underperform for this game to be close (at the end), TBH.
I dunno about that. I thought that about the Port game, but there is always the possibility that we just aren't good enough to put away teams like the Dogs and Port (at home) any more.

Tom Ledger replaced in selected side by Dean Polo
Subs: Jamie Cripps & Nathan Djerrkura

Reckon the Ledge needs to stop drinking the coffees that Marco so nicely brings him before a game! ;) That's twice now Ledger has been pulled at the last minute to replace Ledger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think its flare up of his slight hammy he got before Port game

Admittedly, I like the use of Cripps as a sub, I think he will give a good burst of energy late in the game.

Polo probably has the endurance to play out the whole game on someone, Jamie can be our x-factor rather than a tactical move?

Think its flare up of his slight hammy he got before Port game

Fair enough if there is a genuine injury concern I guess, better to be cautious than have him get a major hammy injury and be out for a few weeks.

Bit of a worry that his hammies seem to be so fragile though.

My completely uneducated opinion (based pretty much on what I read on here and above) is that we're just being really freaking cautious with his hammy's. Didn't he injure it really badly last year? And the fact that he's been a late withdrawal twice and sub once may indicate it's not 100%.

I don't want it to mean that, but it makes more sense than pulling him out for Polo for a purely tactical move. Why name him in the team in the first place.

Fair enough if there is a genuine injury concern I guess, better to be cautious than have him get a major hammy injury and be out for a few weeks.

Bit of a worry that his hammies seem to be so fragile though.

No doubt club will say "soreness" & we will never officially know, just like last time. :mad:

Ledge hasnt even played a full Afl game yet has he?

Nah I think he's only been a sub so far but he has still made a big impact in the little game time he has had. Would be good to see what he could do if he gets a full game.

The problem now is he won't have had much game time the past few weeks so he will be struggling to play a full game next week if he's right.

SUB: Polo

Look on the bright side fellas.
It's nice to have a bit of grunt on the bench especially in a tight one.
Marco can take a grab and isn't afraid of a contest.

Tonight will be tough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back