Review Round 3 vs Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval (02.04.21 - 6:50pm)

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
1.2.3... and start the excuse train
1617362786651.gif

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Not good enough tonight.

we missed easy goals. We need to take our chances... too many times we just waste our chances on goals

this slow kicking game.. why? Last year when we were on it was because of our fast paced ‘sexy, fast and attractive’ brand of footy it worked to our advantage and we were on

Oct 24, 2008
Mermaid Beach
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
GWS, Celtics, 76ers
Effort has been there but poor skills and bad decisions have killed us. Adelaide just smarter with there ball movement and out pressured out. Adelaide are nowhere near as bad as everyone thinks.
Deserved to lose
So Adelaide have gone from wooden spooner to better than us in one preseason?

I think they just worked harder, our guys seem to think it will just happen and our history has shown it won’t. I don’t know what the answer is but ffs this one should of been a win

Mar 18, 2011
Everett
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
New England Patriots
Where the hell was Sexton and Brodie tonight?
Far too many passengers tonight.

We were looking for someone to stand up in the fourth and no-one did.

Bowes and Luko stars offensively with their creativity, but their willingness to try something outrageous in really critical parts of the ground is their achilles heel. At least once a game they will do something mind numbling dumb. Balking around opponents when they're right on you in the D50 is just not the play.

Mar 14, 2014
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
So Adelaide have gone from wooden spooner to better than us in one preseason?

I think they just worked harder, our guys seem to think it will just happen and our history has shown it won’t. I don’t know what the answer is but ffs this one should of been a win
They are a lot better then they where last year. Tex is back, Sloane is back to his best, young mids working hard, backline is decent. They will win games this year.
We just were not good enough tonight.

Goodguy72

Senior List
Apr 28, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Brodie, Weller and Swallow atrocious.
Very hard when Witts went down, but just no composure when it counted.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Said before he cherry picked a goal. MacPherson has done very well carving a career through courage and the ability to find the ball. However he has a poor goal kicking record and makes clangers that would make a qafl player blush. To move ahead the club has to look for replacement

PokerChamp

Senior List
Mar 29, 2006
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Lost this after the qtr break...

Either the coaches told them to play slow or the players for some reason thought this would be the right way to play.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
Far too many passengers tonight.

We were looking for someone to stand up in the fourth and no-one did.

Bowes and Luko stars offensively with their creativity, but their willingness to try something outrageous in really critical parts of the ground is their achilles heel. At least once a game they will do something mind numbling dumb. Balking around opponents when they're right on you in the D50 is just not the play.
Holman audited to stand up but other than that not many. I still want to
Start seeing King start actually marking the ball. It’s been a knock I’ve had on him but as our number one forward he really needs to hold the grabs.

Aug 11, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Launceston FC
Bad luck guys, was awesome to watch!!

Tex and Sloane/Laird were the difference tonight.

Another key defender to help out/chop out would of helped a heap, as would Rowell in the guts.

Don't fret, you guys are building what could be an amazing team, just need a few injuries to go your way plus a bit more player growth!!

BTW, I'd be looking hard at trading in another key defender like Keath, Alir or Barrass (but you can't have Barrass!!) who can not only hold down a jey defender spot but is also very good overhead!

Back