Review Round 3 vs Bulldogs @ Marvel Stadium. Sunday 2:20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon Young or another proven goal kicker would be handy, but would rather get the games into Luko
Yeah would perhaps look at Young over Lukosius.

A bit more age/experience in the set up. Lukosius has had a taste of the top level and what it takes. Now get him to start dominate games in the 2's and work on what he needs to work on.

Just need to give more AFL game to young players , Brisbane young players make mistake but Fagan persist with them rather than play them in NEAFL , ( Rayner , Zac Bailey , mcluggage ,witherden ,berry )- all of them have quiet game in AFL and silly mistake .
You could also look at someone like Charlie Constable who spent a year in the Geelong 2nds learning his craft and has come out this year and looked great, it all depends on who the person is I suppose.

Yeah would perhaps look at Young over Lukosius.

A bit more age/experience in the set up. Lukosius has had a taste of the top level and what it takes. Now get him to start dominate games in the 2's and work on what he needs to work on.

You could also look at someone like Charlie Constable who spent a year in the Geelong 2nds learning his craft and has come out this year and looked great, it all depends on who the person is I suppose.
I give you my reason , Fagan would knew more about the difference level between VFL and NEAFL , just use Barlow as an example , he get a lot of ball in NEAFL but he still burn it ,constable is playing against AFL reserve or Sam Collins type of opponent in VFL. Name me any players from NeAFL that are drafted by AFL club that play better than Collins and Burgess in AFL. As much peoples dislike Scrimshaw he is playing regular AFL and VFL games for his development and don't need to worried about his father pressure on him to return home .

I would play Will Brodie if he is more versatile in his role like Rayner ,Ainsworth or Jack Bowes .

Last edited:
Rayner , Zac Bailey , mcluggage ,witherden ,berr
Lions played 1 year and 1 month older team than us this round, did not play any draftees. For us Lukosius, Powell, Ballard, Bowes, Joyce (1-3 years). Ainsworth and Rankine would play too if available. You could add Fiorini, Mcpherson (4 years) to the list too.

Lions played 1 year and 1 month older team than us this round, did not play any draftees. For us Lukosius, Powell, Ballard, Bowes, Joyce (1-3 years). Ainsworth and Rankine would play too if available. You could add Fiorini, Mcpherson (4 years) to the list too.
Replace lukosius with Young and Joyce with GHS you are playing with musical Chairs . You need your core group of Youth gel together not relegated them to NEAFL after a win and Two AFL games and then ask why top draft pick requested to go home .

Just stating that we actually play more younger players than Lions.
I get what you mean , I just can't believe peoples want GHS and Young in after Joyce emergency in ( very Good performance) and lukosius first home win .My question for you do we have any choice for not playing any younger than Brisbane, Corbett injured , Sam Day and Leslie interrupted pre season , young injured , GHS injured , shoenfield injured ..

I get what you mean , I just can't believe peoples want GHS and Young in after Joyce emergency in ( very Good performance) and lukosius first home win .My question for you do we have any choice for not playing any younger , Corbett injured , Sam Day and Leslie interrupted pre season , young injured , GHS injured , shoenfield injured ..
Agree with you completely. I find it crazy to suggest dropping Lukosius. He is extreme talent. Yes, he is a bit off but not too far. He still had 2 goals basically in the bag and delivered on a couple of occasion inside 50. He also has one of better tanks. Unless his body can't cope no point not to play him. He will not learn a lot in NEAFL. Still remember people ridiculed playing Powell last year, now we are getting surprising reward early.

I suspect King is close to his debut too and his is much less ready.

No chance changing winning team especially when all players played their roles.

Yes, Joyce was very good. Very happy to see after last year struggles.

Last edited:
I think if we are truly looking for, and rewarding, consistency of effort then we play an unchanged line-up. If you play a role in a win like that, that's what's up for grabs.

No changes for me this week, still have Rankine and Corbett to come in, Ah Chee, Young, GHS, Day, Scheer, Brodie, King all waiting in the wings. Very exciting times

I feel like Marvel is our home away from home
We've had some shellackings there for sure but also the occasional win
Not a Bogey Stadium for us in any way
For a guy recruited on elite 3+ footskills Lukosius has been a bit ordinary but I'm hoping that's just being rushed at this level
When he gathers composure he is going to be very very good

No changes for me this week, still have Rankine and Corbett to come in, Ah Chee, Young, GHS, Day, Scheer, Brodie, King all waiting in the wings. Very exciting times
I'd probably play Ah Chee over Murdoch TBH- we don't really owe Murdoch anything but I think we need to get Callum back where he can show us his very best

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For mine the only three players that I'd even entertain the notion of dropping are Murdoch, Hanley and Lukosius. but after a win like that you really shouldnt be making any changes unless forced.

We are nowhere near the “play the kids” stage of the season yet.
We most definitely must be top 22 and not gifting games.
It’s got to be kept in mind that the NEAFL team got destroyed last weekend but if anyone is putting their hand up then Lukosius should be dropped. Lukosius currently is a liability.
Every listed player for now should be competing evenly for slots.

In the NEAFL Lukosius would still learn things and get value because he’d be playing against men.

We are nowhere near the “play the kids” stage of the season yet.
We most definitely must be top 22 and not gifting games.
It’s got to be kept in mind that the NEAFL team got destroyed last weekend but if anyone is putting their hand up then Lukosius should be dropped. Lukosius currently is a liability.
Every listed player for now should be competing evenly for slots.

In the NEAFL Lukosius would still learn things and get value because he’d be playing against men.
To be honest, I'd rather keep Lukosius in the team over Burgess right now if we are dropping a KPF. Don't think either should be dropped though

We don’t know how the likes of Corbett, Day and Crossley are going. Maybe one of them or more is demanding elevation.
Imagine Corbett will start in the NEAFL
Ben King kicked 2 in the NEAFL. If we're dropping Lukosius, I'd love to see King given a run as a FF. Let Burgess lead further up the ground or rotate him to half back.

C’mon VIC SUNS fans and members make sure you all get down to the game on Sunday we need a big bay of SUNS supporters behind the goals making lots of noise and cheering the boys on. The players thrive off the energy we provide them just look at what Harbrow said in his post match interview after our victory. Be loud, be passionate, be bold and will our boys onto their second win of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back