Round 3 vs Collingwood at Marvel Easter Thursday

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whiting said something to effect he heard Archie *may* have a niggle.

I had forgotten about Ballenden :eek: I don't know how I feel about the potential of Daniher having to do a lot more rucking if Big O is injured.

Horrible take. Fitzroy heritage should be celebrated. The club tends to wear the Fitzroy away strip whenever it can when it plays in Melb anyway. Even sentiment aside, it is a great looking away jumper anyway.

Fitzroy themed is fine but a jumper with Fitzroy's monogram is not appropriate outside of a heritage round.

What do mean? I am aware of the Fitzroy part of the Lions history. Stop being so condescending. But a Fitzroy jumper is only appropriate during something like a heritage round not as an away jumper.
Condescending.

You’re the person who keeps insulting people every time someone suggests something you don’t agree with.

You bring the aggression to the discussion, then get your back up further when people continue to disagree with you

In your opinion

In the opinion of all BRISBANE Lions supporters who are aware of the club's mixed history but who understand that playing in a different club's jumper at any point outside of a heritage round is not appropriate.

ETA: I get it. Fitzroy were a foundation VFL club that were treated like crap by the afl and the Roy supporters feel that playing in a specifically Fitzroy jumper makes up for at least some of the heart ache. But Roy people seem to forget that Brisbane 's history also includes the Bears, whose jumper and legacy don't even survive in a suburban league capacity like Fitzroy's does so constantly hearing Roy fans insisting that their old club's jumper should be constantly given prominence in away games is grating. And before anyone comes at me about, 'Well the club can play in a Bears jumper at the Gabba', no they can't because, and here's the kicker, THEY'RE NOT THE BRISBANE BEARS, THEY'RE THE BRISBANE LIONS (sorry not yelling so much as just emphasising a point). Rant over.

Last edited:
In the opinion of all BRISBANE Lions supporters who are aware of the club's mixed history but who understand that playing in a different club's jumper at any point outside of a heritage round is not appropriate.
K

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy to have a game or two each year in Bears and Fitzroy colours. Although never again Paddlepop lion :)
Seems more a kick up from old Fitzroy supporters every trip to Melbourne.
So what do we match those 4-6 Melb games in Fitzroy jumper, with 4-6 Brisbane games wearing the Bears colours to be fair.
As a ex Fitzroy supporter we have a current jumper we should wear.
I am happy to wear either Bears or Fitzroy as said even a few times a year. The old bears be good as a alternate strip in a few games.

ETA: I get it. Fitzroy were a foundation VFL club that were treated like crap by the afl and the Roy supporters feel that playing in a specifically Fitzroy jumper makes up for at least some of the heart ache. But Roy people seem to forget that Brisbane 's history also includes the Bears, whose jumper and legacy don't even survive in a suburban league capacity like Fitzroy's does so constantly hearing Roy fans insisting that their old club's jumper should be constantly given prominence in away games is grating. And before anyone comes at me about, 'Well the club can play in a Bears jumper at the Gabba', no they can't because, and here's the kicker, THEY'RE NOT THE BRISBANE BEARS, THEY'RE THE BRISBANE LIONS (sorry not yelling so much as just emphasising a point). Rant over.

Comparing the Fitzroy heritage with Bears heritage is just not practical. If Brisbane wore the Fitzroy jumper at the Collingwood game it would drag a lot more through the gate

If they wear the Bears jumper anywhere it would probably bring less.

The Fitzroy brand and the way the suburb has now become an urban hipster mecca is something the club should capitalise on . It was evident through our glory years that that was very valuable and could be so again. Wasn't the Richmond/Lions game the biggest H/A crowd all year ,or at least for the Tigers in 2019 ? There's a groundswell of support here in Melbourne that the club should embrace.

Is it an attitude thing.
Apparently he blue up a bit on social media after not being named against Geelong? or was it Sydney?
Either way not great for him.

I thought someone said on here that it was Noah Bradshaw who was talking about it on facebook. Didn't see him commenting on it anywhere, but then I don't pay attention to players social media.

It’s not my opinion, and I’m a born and bred Brisbane boy, and relatively new Lions fan.

Happy for the team to wear a FFC themed jersey to every Victorian game.

You definitely don’t speak for all Brisbane Lions supporters.

And you’re starting to sound like a Brisbane based version of Dylan12.

Comparing the Fitzroy heritage with Bears heritage is just not practical. If Brisbane wore the Fitzroy jumper at the Collingwood game it would drag a lot more through the gate

The Fitzroy brand and the way the suburb has now become an urban hipster mecca is something the club should capitalise on . It was evident through our glory years that that was very valuable and could be so again. Wasn't the Richmond/Lions game the biggest H/A crowd all year ,or at least for the Tigers in 2019 ? There's a groundswell of support here in Melbourne that the club should embrace.
How often would you want this done? Once a year? Against a specific opponent? Or all games in Victoria?

[/QUOTE

The 'Fitzroy jumper is better than the Bears jumper' comparison is the height of arrogance. I for one don't give a fat rats about what a hipster Mecca the suburb of Fitzroy has become. What's that got to do with me as an ex Bears supporter? See the problem yet? When you pander only to one side you alienate the other. We are the BRISBANE Lions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back