Unofficial Preview Round 3 vs Norf - The List Manager Who Shagged Me - Opposition Supporters Welcome

So you're saying North were s**t last year and yet with finals beckoning you could not beat us, twice.

The short hand version of this is:

Melbourne Football clubs mental fragility vs North Melbourne cost them finals.
You're not wrong.
My comment is still very true.
Norf clearly have the wood over us but you'd be kidding yourself if you'd rather be you blokes than us.
Norf - Still irrelevant, still shite and still going nowhere (except Tassie hopefully).

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
North & Melbourne round 19 2017

North

Out: Daw, Durdin, Garner, Gibson, Mountford, Mullet, Nielsen, Preuss, Swallow

In: Anderson, Davies-Uniake, Goldstein, Hartung, Jacobs, MacMillan, Turner, Vickers-Willis, Marley Williams.

North will be definitely fielding a stronger side.

Melbourne

Out: Hanna, Kennedy - Harris, T. McDonald, Trengove, Viney, Watts

In: Bugg, Fritsch, Kent, Lever, Wagner, Vince

About even.

North

In: Anderson, Davies-Uniake, Goldstein, Hartung, Jacobs, MacMillan, Turner, Vickers-Willis, Marley Williams.

Melbourne

About even.

You obviously seriously under rate Viney and Tom Mcdonald

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
You obviously seriously under rate Viney and Tom Mcdonald

Not at all, I just reckon there's a better spread over the ins compared to the outs.

Viney is clearly the best player of the 12 listed.

North

Melbourne

About even.

Mate if you're just gonna tell fibs then f-off!

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
It appears the salt levels are higher outside of the sandpit than in.
Yeah, salt isn't usually a problem in sand pits so would go without saying.

It does look like there are plenty of tanks to play with in there though

Mate, we both know that Norf will win tomorrow by 186 points.

I don't think so this time. I would be surprised albeit pleasantly if we did win. St Kilda were pretty s**t last week. Not sure that was because of us or they were just rubbish so this week will tell a bit for both sides

mrmonkey

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 3, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

North

Melbourne

About even.

I think he's been out for quite some time.
images (8).jpeg

I don't think so this time. I would be surprised albeit pleasantly if we did win. St Kilda were pretty s**t last week. Not sure that was because of us or they were just rubbish so this week will tell a bit for both sides
As a neutral observer it was a little of column a and a little of column b.

North had really good pressure and structures last week and some solid contributors all over the ground. But when you had the ball in hand St.Kilda applied no pressure whatsoever. When Saints had the ball they panicked and put themselves under more pressure.
I saw plenty of plays where a contested ball would fall into your guy's hands and you had two or three saints around just standing their flat-footed, you guys took the chance and scored. Last week it was a game where whichever team could do the basics of football better won. Saints were horrific at that, and North were solid.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
North are always a chance because of their bookends. When you have Brown Waite Goldy Tarrant and Thompson you are a chance in any game if you can minimize the damage in the middle. Because we are an inside dominate side and that's never been a problem for north it's why we have struggled

North are always a chance because of their bookends. When you have Brown Waite Goldy Tarrant and Thompson you are a chance in any game if you can minimize the damage in the middle. Because we are an inside dominate side and that's never been a problem for north it's why we have struggled

Think that's why we've elected to go small up forward this week.

Think that's why we've elected to go small up forward this week.

Has Goodwin blinked here? Your selections this week appear to be reactive to our structures and geared to not losing instead of winning. Maybe I'm reaching.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Has Goodwin blinked here? Your selections this week appear to be reactive to our structures and geared to not losing instead of winning. Maybe I'm reaching.

Maybe but there's nothing wrong with that, considering we have lost 17 in a row may swell try something different

I don't think so. We've struggled with defensive height the last 2 weeks, especially against Geelong. Your talls are much better than anything the Cats have. It means worst case if you have all of Goldy-Waite-Brown in the F50 they have a matchup.

The two players dropped have been quiet and the two players picked have been in decent form. If TMac was fit we'd be going taller up forward for sure.

Mate, never underestimate how soft we can be - and it pains me to say it.

Back