Unofficial Preview Round 3 West Coast vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably will. 7 possies and 1 tackle though, personally I'd rather Murdoch.
Murdoch's problem is that he isn't an investment in the future, Parsons is. Murdoch just turned 26 and shouldn't be in-and-out of the team like that any more.

Constable and Cunico would probably be close, too.

He’s a good kick that goal was very good

But he’s a kid, they make mistakes I’d rather blood them early in the year than rely on them later in the year .

I have no problems with that...but what are we looking for in him? He's second year, and I'm not seeing any x-factor here. He's ok at kicking and has some speed I guess. He's really reminding me of Mitch Brown, but not as good.

My biggest concern is how few inside 50s we are generating compared to the opposition, but I do also think it's a product of our injury issues. Issues intercepting and then cleanly exiting the 50 mean it is coming back in and we aren't able to counter attack as we like.
I think that maybe we are being a bit conservative trying to help hide our deficiencies in the back line and we don't have the players that use it well enough short or under pressure to pull it off all that well.

Scooter mentioned he get injured having to travel coming back from injury previously so may sit this week out. He seems to be a player who knows his body and will tell the coaches when he’s ready.

The ruck is an issue but so to is the backline and forward line.
The forwards need some smalls that are going to tackle and keep the ball in. Hawkins tried hard and had a better second half. Menzel looks like scoring every time the ball is near him.
I would certainly add a key defender but I’m also concerned about the lack of leadership I saw at the G. But we had Tuohy, Guthrie and Blicavs down there who are all in the “leadership group”. I like them as players but they were cryin out for leaders back there and they didn’t give enough.

Coaches voted Gawn BOG in round 1, and McEvoy second best yesterday. Stating the bloody obvious but curtailing Naitanui is going to be crucial to us getting the win. Can't let the third ruckman in as many weeks basically be the most influential player on the ground.
We need to play both Smith and Stanley IMO, especially given that West Coast play two full-timers as well, and our backline is undersized. The alternative is, I guess, Smith and SavRat or Buzza.

Murdoch's problem is that he isn't an investment in the future, Parsons is. Murdoch just turned 26 and shouldn't be in-and-out of the team like that any more.

Constable and Cunico would probably be close, too.
I also agree on that and I've been saying the same thing.
But Parsons has played a few games now and hasn't really showed anything to me that he's the future at AFL level.
Needs to go to the VFL and learn his correct position which is on a wing or running out of half back.

IN: Duncan, S Selwood, Smith, Murdoch
OUT: O’Connor, Henry, Fogarty, Parsons

Stanley forward 80% of the game.
S Selwood to Shuey.
Blicavs permanent back on Darling.
Boy could we have done with Scooter yesterday. Did he play VFL on the weekend?

I agree with your outs except Parsons.

Hmmmm change my mind
In Smith Gardner/House Duncan Thurlow
Out Parsons Henry O'Connor Zuthrie ( unlucky )

Gardner/House has to come in, as I said before we need to bring a Key Defender as we don't have one, and now is the time which will free up Blitz to be used other parts of the ground.
Thurlow for Zuthrie I just think a bit bigger body over him as he is a bloody good kick of the ball Thurlow is.
Duncan..... Don't have to say much
Smith. We need him back in as his our best ruckman. Stanley to play FF then swap with Smith for a rest.

I actually hope some time this year we see what Abbott can do. Dominates the VFL and the only way to find out how he goes is to play him and see how he goes

Gardner/House has to come in, as I said before we need to bring a Key Defender as we don't have one, and now is the time which will free up Blitz to be used other parts of the ground.

Why would we want Blicavs elsewhere? he is useless as a mid

Would like to bring Gardner in but not away from home in an already very inexperienced backline.

I'm never one to s**t can the fixture cos IMO it all balances out over the year...

But seriously, which moron thought it was fair to make a team play on a Monday then travel to Perth the following week on a 6 day break?

The same bloke that gave us 6 days into the port away game and the Sydney away game it's called a fixture for a reason.

Same bloke who gave us a game in Adelaide a week after the game in Sydney too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would we want Blicavs elsewhere? he is useless as a mid

Would like to bring Gardner in but not away from home in an already very inexperienced backline.
We need to as we do have any Key Defenders... Plus if we play inexperience players why have we played them in the last 2 games... We need to give Gardner a few games, not just 1 or 2 games.
Lol if we give Motlop 22 games last year we can give Gardner a few games :grin:

Our defense wasn't the issue. Any defense will be under pressure with 69 inside 50's. Blame the midfield, the defenders were ok considering.

Coaches voted Gawn BOG in round 1, and McEvoy second best yesterday. Stating the bloody obvious but curtailing Naitanui is going to be crucial to us getting the win. Can't let the third ruckman in as many weeks basically be the most influential player on the ground.

It’s our biggest weak point right now, and teams know it, smith and Stanley just aren’t good enough. Nic Nat is going to have a field day.

It’s our biggest weak point right now, and teams know it, smith and Stanley just aren’t good enough. Nic Nat is going to have a field day.
If you get physical with Natanui early he tends to take a backward step. Smith needs to knee him in the ribs at the opening bounce and make him wary. The physical ruckman do this to great effect.

I also agree on that and I've been saying the same thing.
But Parsons has played a few games now and hasn't really showed anything to me that he's the future at AFL level.
Needs to go to the VFL and learn his correct position which is on a wing or running out of half back.
Parsons played HFF, & statistically was quiet. In first half, he seemed to be nowhere near the action at all, as if under instruction, but his goals were a credit to him- he did not retreat into his shell- that shows mental strength.

Parsons played HFF, & statistically was quiet. In first half, he seemed to be nowhere near the action at all, as if under instruction, but his goals were a credit to him- he did not retreat into his shell- that shows mental strength.
I appreciate the fact his nailing he's shots now and he kept trying. I just don't think HFF is for him.

I’ll give it my best shot but no doubt some might agree
But most wont

In: Duncan, Constable, Crameri
Out O’connor Gregson Parsons

Can’t see them risking Scooter on the trip to West Coast.
We don’t need a KPD coming in as their KPF are not monsters and backing Kolo and Stewart to do the job.

Giving Gregson a well earnt rest after training his arse off for the past 9 months, 2 big games on big grounds.
Doesn’t need another one and could come back fresher.

O’connor, most of you know how I feel about this kid, reminds me of the Presidents son down at the local levels.
Getting a game, but we all know he shouldn’t.

Cockatoo was very lazy on the weekend, so I’ll save his bullet for another time

Out- Henry, O'Connor, Parsons
In- Thurlow, Duncan, Murdoch
Duncan & Murdoch are fresh for an interstate game off a 6 day break and Thurlow only played a half in the two's. Will need some fresh legs i think.
How about playing Murdoch in a forward role? I would give Gregson an extra 2 weeks and bring S Selwood back for a home game.
Also lets not have 7-8 super inexperienced players in the one team. Limit it to 2-3 please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back