Game Day Round 3: West Coast Vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Pathetic in the back there to Grey, he was rolled in the tackle for heavens sake. Bullshit frees like that are ruining the game.
Still, brilliant win, soured by another Shuey soft tissue injury, and he was so bloody good. He makes such a difference to this team. 😭

Dunno if I’ve ever been a firm believer in percentage mattering. If you’re relying on % to make it you’re no hope anyway. Realistically we’ve had winnable games over the last 2 years that would have guaranteed our spot in the top 4.

Definitely disappointing to concede junk time goals as it takes the gloss off a fairly dominant win but I’m fairly happy with the fact we won it when it was there to be won and Port only turned up against our tired bodies.

Well, missed out on some percentage but if you'd told me this arvo we'd win by 6 goals I would've been pumped. And if you'd told me Shuey would do another hammy I would've been bummed, but not surprised.

He's no longer a best player if his hamstrings pull like pulled pork. At 30+ years now he should be considered icing on the cake, not a required player. If our season is dependent on Shuey playing most of the time, we are stuffed.
Fyfe, Dangerfield and Dusty are all either 30 or 30 this year. They are still big factors in their team winning. Losing Shuey is a massive blow to us. We wont win any finals with a bunch of B graders.

Fantastic win against a side that was playing decent, long way to go in the season and worrying about % in game 3 is crazy. Just enjoy the win, i know i will.

Puck me besides losing Shuey am I the only happy that we won? Playing arguably the best team in the comp and we beat the pants off them.

Fickle supporter base
Hear what you are saying but I think it's just frustrating because it's a missed opportunity. Clearly Port were a bit off and denting their percentage and boosting ours when we get an opportunity is pretty important. I mean last year we miss out on the top 4 by percentage and we are eliminated first week of finals. Percentage isn't everything but it can add up.

This! It’s round 3 of 23, and the percentage chasers ITT make it sound like the eagles got done by 80+. fu** off and lighten up, Christ.
Couldn't agree more mate.
Cripps kicks that late one and Grey doesn't get that dodgy free and
It was an even 2nd half.

People on here saying we would get belted.
Hinckley will be eating a sandwich in the box etc.

Beat the top side by 6 goals and yet people still whinging.

It was an even 2nd half.

Spoilt. That’s how we act at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno if I’ve ever been a firm believer in percentage mattering. If you’re relying on % to make it you’re no hope anyway. Realistically we’ve had winnable games over the last 2 years that would have guaranteed our spot in the top 4.

Definitely disappointing to concede junk time goals as it takes the gloss off a fairly dominant win but I’m fairly happy with the fact we won it when it was there to be won and Port only turned up against our tired bodies.

Weirdly it seems the same people sooking about percentage are the ones saying Shuey shouldn't have been out the in the last

Great win

It was an even 2nd half.

Welcome to the WCE board.

At least we don't run oppo supporters out without at least a little bit of banter first.

Weirdly it seems the same people sooking about percentage are the ones saying Shuey shouldn't have been out the in the last

Great win
Still a bit of a balls up though. We were in a bit of no mans land with that call and it ended up costing us a player and percentage. I’d be more content with the lost percentage of Shuey was dragged at 3/4 time. Have a feeling a lot of it was probably his call, similar to last time. But the docs need to take a bit of control there.

Feel for Shuey. BoG until that point. Assuming he'll miss a few... again.

Good to see Gaff back and getting his 30+.
Ryan may not get 20 possessions, but he's still the most watchable guy running around right now.
Best game from Brander.
Petruccelle was ok in the first half. Not so good in the second. Got a couple of bad umpiring decisions but also made some poor decisions.
Jones (who was good last week) was hardly sighted. New guys can't be good every week.

Looks like next week will be someone for Shuey. Probably XON after his WAFL game.
Only other changes possible might be the other two who did well in the WAFL. Winder for Petruccelle and/or Trew for Jones.

Awesome win. Port are a good side and came back as expected.
Shuey was passed to play so the expectation is that he's right to play out a game. Why would you take a player off that's been passed fit at 3/4 time? No qualms at simmo or the medical team for not taking him off. Bloody gutted the end might be close for him. Repeated soft tissue injuries at his age aren't a good sign. Hope they get to the cause and it isn't just age.

Watched Shuey pretty closely all night cos tbh, I expected it to ping at some stage. The guy needs help himself out a bit more.

Does everything at 110%. Even when he leaves the field he sprints to the bench like he's trying to break the 100m sprint world record. I know it's probably a mental thing that gets him up for games, but he really needs to learn when to back off if he wants to extend the career a couple more years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back