U18 Champs Round 3a - SA vs WA

Remove this Banner Ad

What WA could of done with a Naughton or Sam Taylor type in this years team to combat a Lukosius type.....sounded like Lukosius had a day out.....good to hear 16yr old WA ruck Luke Jackson acquitted himself well.....any stats any where or do they take a while to be loaded on the AFL site?

LOL found the stats on the SANFL site thanks for that HD......Lukosius 14 marks....seriously good effort.....Luke Jackson 15 disposals and 29 hit outs.....not bad for a 16 yr old.......

Last edited:
What WA could of done with a Naughton or Sam Taylor type in this years team to combat a Lukosius type.....sounded like Lukosius had a day out.....good to hear 16yr old WA ruck Luke Jackson acquitted himself well.....any stats any where or do they take a while to be loaded on the AFL site?
Bottom of the link above your post.

LOL found the stats on the SANFL site thanks for that HD......Lukosius 14 marks....seriously good effort.....Luke Jackson 15 disposals and 29 hit outs.....not bad for a 16 yr old.......
yep thought jackson and O'Reilly won the ruck battle today for WA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These were my thoughts from earlier in the day. The were SA centric and Port focussed. Might as well post them here.

Wa

Jackson in the ruck was a bottom ager and an absolute gun. Great at ground level etc. Star one day.
English was a very good small midfielder / linky player. Just looked like an afl player without being a star.
O'Reilly 194 cm CHF. Don't know where he is rated but he looks like a serious player. Nice lead up work, hands, kicking, presence. Like a lot.
No one else did much. A few nice running plays. Hill did stuff all?

SA

Lukosius just glides around. Class. Hands. Kicking. Wow.
Rankine didn't do a huge amount but he is class.
Hately was very good without ripping the game apart.
Rozee did very little?
Lewis I really liked. Reminds me of someone i can't think of. Solid strong dude who will be a good player. Nice vision, kicking. Like.
Valente is a niggly dude. Played very well. Somehow didn't convince me.

Other less known players.

Frederick is raw. Makes a few mistakes. There's plenty to work with.
Irra is very similar to Frederick but less raw.
Jarvis looks like a nice lump of a country kid. Strong, nice hands, decent speed. Looks a prospect.
Grundy i barely noticed.
Munn was good but didn't have to work too hard in a dominant team.
Chapman i really liked. Overage rangey skinny forward. He looked really promising?
Sampson was a pretty classy pressure forward. I liked.

That was about it.

Just got through watching the first half and I’m suprised their wasn’t much talk about Hayden Sampson, he looked quality to me have you got some more information on him Chris25 ?

He's been around the underage setup the last couple of years, was pretty consistent in the U18's last year for South Adelaide. Probably wouldn't have started the season in the 22, but his last month was very good. And his performances in the trial games forced the selectors hand, getting a spot over Woodcock. Clean and composed, good defensively. Has actually played a bit off half back too, but has been swung forward more often recently.

I had him as one of the SA kids who could get themselves up into the third or fourth round with a decent showing.

He's been around the underage setup the last couple of years, was pretty consistent in the U18's last year for South Adelaide. Probably wouldn't have started the season in the 22, but his last month was very good. And his performances in the trial games forced the selectors hand, getting a spot over Woodcock. Clean and composed, good defensively. Has actually played a bit off half back too, but has been swung forward more often recently.

I had him as one of the SA kids who could get themselves up into the third or fourth round with a decent showing.
His clean hands, smarts and skills really stood out to me, he seemed to run out of gas late and I saw him with hands on hips a few times so I’m not sure if that’s from a high work rate of the ball or a lack of fitness to play full time midfield.

I’m sure you spoke of Hugo Mum a few months ago, sounds like he lived up to your positive comments.
Have you got a profile on him?
I really think he could be what Freo are after as a KP.

I was at the game, apologies for lack of player review but have been crook as a dog since. Will try and get it up tomorrow. Plenty of great players for SA that's for sure and the big 3 in Lukosius, Hately and especially Rankine didn't even play their best footy...

These were my thoughts from earlier in the day. The were SA centric and Port focussed. Might as well post them here.

Wa

Jackson in the ruck was a bottom ager and an absolute gun. Great at ground level etc. Star one day.
English was a very good small midfielder / linky player. Just looked like an afl player without being a star.
O'Reilly 194 cm CHF. Don't know where he is rated but he looks like a serious player. Nice lead up work, hands, kicking, presence. Like a lot.
No one else did much. A few nice running plays. Hill did stuff all?

SA

Lukosius just glides around. Class. Hands. Kicking. Wow.
Rankine didn't do a huge amount but he is class.
Hately was very good without ripping the game apart.
Rozee did very little?
Lewis I really liked. Reminds me of someone i can't think of. Solid strong dude who will be a good player. Nice vision, kicking. Like.
Valente is a niggly dude. Played very well. Somehow didn't convince me.

Other less known players.

Frederick is raw. Makes a few mistakes. There's plenty to work with.
Irra is very similar to Frederick but less raw.
Jarvis looks like a nice lump of a country kid. Strong, nice hands, decent speed. Looks a prospect.
Grundy i barely noticed.
Munn was good but didn't have to work too hard in a dominant team.
Chapman i really liked. Overage rangey skinny forward. He looked really promising?
Sampson was a pretty classy pressure forward. I liked.

That was about it.

I thought Grundy played his role quite well. Often he was the floating full back (lever style), had a few intercepts due to his superior reading of the play. Had a few good niggles with oreilly in the last. But not a role that would get him noticed too much.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back