Preview Round 4 – Geelong vs GWS Giants, Saturday 13th April 2019, GMHBA Stadium, 1.45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Minimal changes. Disappointing that Toby's not back, but fairly expected given the language being used by the club during the week. Hopefully Cal being back - and surely he's been like a caged tiger so poised to unleash - will help to spread the load in the stoppage battle. Kelly should be better for the run last week, and hopefully we can provide better F50 entries for the forwards. If Jezza, HH & TOJ can keep mobile and present on the lead they might be difficult to stop for the Cats defence. Brent needs to have a ripper game - he'll be around his old school stomping ground so hopefully primed for a big game. He's right up there for goal assists and tackles in F50 in 2019, so more of the same please. C'mon boys, let's surprise these kitty Cats!

What are our thoughts on match ups?

I will be interested in how they plan to combat Cameron. I don't think they have a logical match up.

What are our thoughts on match ups?

I will be interested in how they plan to combat Cameron. I don't think they have a logical match up.

They'll probably just push him up the field and double team him in the 50.

Jezza doesn't necessarily work hard enough on multiple leads to get into space against a tight defender, and dropping someone behind him cuts off his beloved "kick off my head and I'll run on to it" tactic.

Don’t have any sort of expectation for this game. They have belted us every time we play them there. I’d be surprised if we got within 3 goals.

The team is the best we can put on the field at the moment with injuries and with the way they are playing I have similar expectations to the Eagles game in that a win is achievable but it would take a lot to go right and realistically a honorable loss is more likely but i just hope it isnt a 10 goal hammering
I want to see MDB tag Dangerfield and shut him down, that would go a long way to getting the win
It will be interesting to see if Tim Kelly is a late withdrawl after he hurt his ankle last week, that would even the contest greatly

No matter how I look at it I just don't think we will lose this one. You can only play what's in front of you but Geelong have played Collingwood, Melbourne and Adelaide who all currently sit 11th / 12th / 16th

They have a very good team, but I think we can match them

Giants by 4

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Game day has dawned.

I'm 100% confident we are not going to put on a rubbish display like last time at the Cattery.

I'm also 100% confident the return of Callan Ward will make us a stronger team than last week.

So Giants, it's now up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back