Preview Round 4 – GWS Giants vs Collingwood, Friday 26th June 2020, Giants Stadium, 7.50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think they'd give up on the tag after 2 bad games? To me it makes no sense to use a tagger when you have so many elite mids. Maybe De Boer could play a defensive forward role on howe
It worked terrific last year. This year, not so much. I think they ll stick with it.
Personally, I'd happily see us just go head to head without a tag.

We do need to negate Howe as their intercept marker. He has started the season brilliantly and is just so important for their rebound. Maybe HH goes to him in that role?

Do you think they'd give up on the tag after 2 bad games? To me it makes no sense to use a tagger when you have so many elite mids. Maybe De Boer could play a defensive forward role on howe
My rather facetious comment was in frustration at individual and collective poor performances since the resumption. MdB will probably go to someone as a tag - I think we've tagged Sidebottom and to a lesser extent Pendles previously, but I think there's less of an impact on Collingwood than others (such as Danger or Dusty). But where he was most effective last year was getting more of the footy than his opponent i.e. not the scragging, disruptive tag but a focus on being first to the ball or otherwise tackle the player. He's just not doing that good work this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back