Preview Round 4 – GWS Giants vs Port Adelaide, Saturday 15th April, 4.35pm, Manuka Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Trengove got the points in the ruck last year when he went up against Mummy in Adelaide.
mummy will most probably win the ruck but trengove can be very influential at ground level, they play very similar, i think you will see Dixon play at least 30 percent rucktime as well,

mummy will most probably win the ruck but trengove can be very influential at ground level, they play very similar, i think you will see Dixon play at least 30 percent rucktime as well,
My sense is that Ryder out costs you more in having to use Trengrove there, rather than weakening the ruck directly?
I will be interested to watch Powell-Pepper play. I get he's a great pickup and doesn't really play like a teenager. I still wonder if he'll play out the year strong first year in the system.
We see with our youngsters they often need time to build the endurance and many seem to struggle with the weekly grind.

If mummy doesn't win the ruck this week we will drop him and bring in Dawson..
As stated by Bokonon_ above though it's more about what his missing does to your other lines.

I was there last year and loved how you guys didn't show up, can't imagine that happens twice in a row though.

Should be a good hard game, the side with more Orange should win imo :p

With Johnson a likely out it opens an extra spot and not sure who comes in but going by the presser it could be Perryman but I can't see where he would fit in the team structure. For those that have seen him play what role would you expect him to fill if he has a run v Port this weekend?

With Johnson a likely out it opens an extra spot and not sure who comes in but going by the presser it could be Perryman but I can't see where he would fit in the team structure. For those that have seen him play what role would you expect him to fill if he has a run v Port this weekend?

Without a special debut video featuring Leon and Harry? I suppose we'd better keep an eye on Giants TV

I would have thought Patton in and Reid to take on the Stevie J role (which I think he's more suited to anyway)

My initial thoughts were: Out: Griffen Reid: In: Kennedy (M) Patton.

Now it looks more like: Out: Griffen Johnson: In: Kennedy (M) Patton.

Whilst we technically play three talls, in reality when you factor in time spent on the pine by each of Patton, Cameron and Lobb as well as Lobb covering Mummy in the ruck we probably only have 3 talls down there for half the game.
Personally I'd like to see our forward line like this for the second half of 2017:

Smith Patton Taranto
Scully Cameron Greene

Deledio as the small on the bench and Lobb as the tall on the bench.

This is the perfect blend talls and smalls in my opinion. Imagine the pressure Smith and Scully could put on working in unison!

Whilst we technically play three talls, in reality when you factor in time spent on the pine by each of Patton, Cameron and Lobb as well as Lobb covering Mummy in the ruck we probably only have 3 talls down there for half the game.
Personally I'd like to see our forward line like this for the second half of 2017:

Smith Patton Taranto
Scully Cameron Greene

Deledio as the small on the bench and Lobb as the tall on the bench.

This is the perfect blend talls and smalls in my opinion. Imagine the pressure Smith and Scully could put on working in unison!

You're writing off Stevie J? Big call !

GIANTS Team

FB: Adam Kennedy, Aidan Corr, Phil Davis
HB: Heath Shaw, Adam Tomlinson, Zac Williams
C: Nick Haynes, Josh Kelly, Tom Scully
HF: Jacob Hopper, Jeremy Cameron, Jon Patton
FF: Devon Smith, Rory Lobb, Toby Greene
RR: Shane Mumford, Dylan Shiel, Callan Ward

Interchange: Sam Reid, Tim Taranto, Matthew Kennedy, Nathan Wilson

In: Jon Patton, Matthew Kennedy
Out: Ryan Griffen (Ankle), Steve Johnson (Knee)

Emergencies: Harry Himmelberg, Harry Perryman, Daniel Lloyd

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The NEAFL team are playing in Canberra tomorrow too, so perhaps all the listed players trained together?

But other than that, I really hope there is no injury cloud over Phil !!!

Looking at the b-roll footage over the Sam Reid interview footage he was the only emergency I could see, none of the rest of the NEAFL seemed to be there.

Game day!

Will be at work so the App will have to do.... dang it

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
I'd forgotten what a pain Canberra is without local knowledge. Xhuckling at the backpackers all walking to GPS directions. I've sussed how to get from the Hotel to Manuka and will be at the mercy of the local cabbies otherwise. Hotel has room service and Fox so it should work. I'm pumped though, just hope this is less ugly than our previous Port games.

My worry for this game is how tall we are. With Pittard returning the ball could rebound out really quickly and they kick a number of goals on the quick transition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back