Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to Port v Hawthorn really early so missed the entire game

Do we still suck?

Got to Port v Hawthorn really early so missed the entire game

Do we still suck?

wesuckass-vi.jpg

And we must draft players with class poise and skill..
Regretting not getting Liam Duggan now
No not yet, we still need another good KPF like the Giants with Cameron, McCarthy and Stewart to help out Lynchy and Dicko. I'm hoping 2MP is the going to be the man.

Will definitely be hoping we look to bolster our midfield with tough, skilful players at the next draft. Could end up with the number one pick. Add a fresh Gaz, Jaeger, Harbs and Bull to the side and we could bounce back quickly next year.

can't even overhype our "stable of rising teenage superstars" anymore can we? :$
I don't even think they believe the hype any more. Look totally devoid of any confidence. Hard to come back from here. I've seen it too many times. Brisbane in 1998 were a very talented list but everything went wrong early on and they ended with the spoon.

I don't even think they believe the hype any more. Look totally devoid of any confidence. Hard to come back from here. I've seen it too many times. Brisbane in 1998 were a very talented list but everything went wrong early on and they ended with the spoon.
Play the entire AFL side in the NEAFL? :$

For god sake how does hall & sexton get a senior game at afl level it is an absolute joke
Our reserves have lost 23 in a row. That's how. We just don't have the depth of talent or form there to replace them. Hall was promoted last week after being our best players in the Twos for a few weeks in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who would you drop out of tonight's side?
Well injuries to Martin and Lemmens? Might force our hand. Raines has to come in now as well as Stanley and Hallahan. Players that deserve to be dropped are: Sexton, Smith, Nicholls.

You blokes think you feel bad....

Imagine how Gaz feels? He just signed on for 3 (4) more years of this s**t!

Yeah, it's ugly right now. Sometimes, at 3am, I question why I am getting up in the middle of the night to watch us play this bad but, I will continue - I love this sport and this team. I pray that it turns around soon. After the Lions, we start playing some of the good sides. :(

Our reserves have lost 23 in a row. That's how. We just don't have the depth of talent or form there to replace them. Hall was promoted last week after being our best players in the Twos for a few weeks in a row.

That is incredible. An AFL reserves side playing in a low-skilled league should be winning 23 straight. We have some serious problems.

Last edited:
Well it's early the next morning and after a sleep I am sorry to say I still struggle to see any positives from that debacle last night. Not even the thought of a high draft pick as we have had plenty of those and it would appear we have wreaked them.
The Suns Facebook is giving Eade a fair bashing but in my mind the blame lays with the players. Last night they were
Lazy
Slow
Unaccountable
Poor disposal and decision making
Worst of all they didn't even seem gutted by it

I am a foundation member and will not turn my back even in these dark days but boys you need to give us something to believe in, show some
Pain
Passion
EFFORT
Pride

Hey Rodney. If you are a bit short this week, a few of the Ipswich u12s would like a game and are probably good for a few goals. Will definitely give you more effort....

oh and Rodney; Could you slate the Suns into a trial match next year against the Ippy u12s. I promise i'll ask the boys to go easy on your bunch of fairies..

Well it's early the next morning and after a sleep I am sorry to say I still struggle to see any positives from that debacle last night. Not even the thought of a high draft pick as we have had plenty of those and it would appear we have wreaked them.
The Suns Facebook is giving Eade a fair bashing but in my mind the blame lays with the players. Last night they were
Lazy
Slow
Unaccountable
Poor disposal and decision making
Worst of all they didn't even seem gutted by it

I am a foundation member and will not turn my back even in these dark days but boys you need to give us something to believe in, show some
Pain
Passion
EFFORT
Pride
Just wanted to say don't lose hope. Injuries make it hard on any team, especially your best players. Add to this they are young and learning a new game plan. It'll turn for you... Hope to see you in the eight soon.

Just wanted to say don't lose hope. Injuries make it hard on any team, especially your best players. Add to this they are young and learning a new game plan. It'll turn for you... Hope to see you in the eight soon.
Its the lack of effort. Not the winning per se.

Tough game to watch.
Proud of myself for not fast forwarding except during the GWS highlights.

Not seeing much visible leadership on the field. The forward line had a smidge with Lynch and Dixon but it seems our best young players are not natural leaders. Not the only team with that problem (Kangaroos have real trouble as well) but need a few to stand up.

Only ray of hope: take out the 1st year players (Saad, Touk, Garlett) and the other 19 have been much much better in the past......(refuses to remember those times where some of them were even worse since we actually tried hard for 15 or 20 minutes total).

Time to stop and think about those other teams that in the recent past have been terrible and have since gone on to bigger and better things......thinking......thinking.....thinking....does Melbourne count? Richmond? Weagles? Bulldogs?

PORT!!!! PORT!!!! (3-19 in 2011 and 5-1-16 in 2012).
Just need Ken Hinkley (doh!!!). And that fitness dude. And a TV presenter. Is Karl available? Does Sam Armytage like proper footy?

So disappointed in this game it's not funny.

When it's wet don't you go small because the ball is at ground level more. Adding Nicholls made a us slow, he couldn't take a mark, and he doesn't have the size to compete against Mummy. I'm not sure how many ruck contests he attended but it felt like it was way more than Smith. Smith can at least compete with Mummy physically.

Playing two dedicated Rucks can't be the right move. We were essentially a man down yesterday, Both Smith and Nicholls were useless in any other part of the ground. The back-up ruck should be someone who can play forward or back e.g Dixon, Day.

I can't even be bothered listing all the players that under performed, but Sexton stood out above all for me.

The only excuse I will offer up is GWS had been training in the wet all week so were used to the conditions. We couldn't consistently take clean possessions, which cut our decision time down and we couldn't move the ball quickly. which is said to be our modus operandi now, but who knows.

Anyway, not looking forward to next weeks game. 4 weeks in and our season is over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back