Game Day Round 4 2017: Adelaide v Essendon: Brothers In Arms

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
After the events of last week the Adelaide and Essendon Football Clubs will allow Indigenous players Eddie Betts and Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti to toss the coin before the match as a sign that Clubs are part of a larger family. That we are Brothers in Arms

Brothers_in_Arms_-_Hour_of_Heroes.jpg

7.10 is the Hour our Heroes must stand up. This is a game the AFC should win and win comfortably.

Adelaide 40+

finally.

After having to read and hear so much about how brave those poor, innocent souls who were just trying to innocently play a game of football when that mean ol' Stephen Dank shot them up with non-innocent Aod9604 and thymosin and probably ice with a side of the venom that turned Peter Parker into Spider-Man... they're finally playing here.

So brave.

I really mean that too because I am going to boo the * out of Jab Watson et al when they go near the ball.

And our team, and the greater footballing public of SA (the lesser footballing public of SA being the other mob) can finally make our opinions felt about what it was like having to

(1) listen to their bullshit for the last four years
(2) consider that Essenjab "co-operated fully"

Here's some spare asterisks in case anyone wants to talk Brownlow or Bombres: *****************************************************

Go Crows. Time to derail the "So Brave 2017 Comeback Tour". Smash these *stick jerkwad offsite-injecting CHEATS into a fine paste. I expect to be deafened whenever Jab et al goes near the ball with the sound of BOOOOOO

Crows by plenty. All my favourite players to star, Menzel to annihilate, Atkins to toy with them, Tex to beast-mode like the old Altered Beast video game.

"I wasn't born with enough middle fingers" - MM*

#sobrave
#hirdisscum

*Marilyn Manson, not Mick Malthouse

Choose AFL. Choose a Premiership. Choose a Brownlow. Choose a Team. Choose a big ******* crowd, choose training, footballs, banners and sing-alongs. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and soft tissue injuries. Choose cheer squads. Choose contract negotiations. Choose your teammates. Choose leisurewear and matching polos. Choose a three-piece suit in a range of ******* fabrics. Choose concussions and wondering who the * you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing football shows, stuffing ******* Gatorade into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable pub, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****ed up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose AFL... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose AFL. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Thymosin Beta 4?

upload_2017-4-15_8-9-31.png

Last edited:
Choose AFL. Choose a Premiership. Choose a Browlow. Choose a Team. Choose a big ******* crowd, choose training, footballs, banners and sing-alongs. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and soft tissue injuries. Choose cheer squads. Choose contract negotiations. Choose your teammates. Choose leisurewear and matching polos. Choose a three-piece suit in a range of ******* fabrics. Choose concussions and wondering who the **** you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing football shows, stuffing ******* Gatorade into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable pub, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****** up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose life... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Thymosin Beta 4?

View attachment 357765
Was rolling my eyes up until now but this post is brilliant

Choose AFL. Choose a Premiership. Choose a Browlow. Choose a Team. Choose a big ******* crowd, choose training, footballs, banners and sing-alongs. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and soft tissue injuries. Choose cheer squads. Choose contract negotiations. Choose your teammates. Choose leisurewear and matching polos. Choose a three-piece suit in a range of ******* fabrics. Choose concussions and wondering who the **** you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing football shows, stuffing ******* Gatorade into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable pub, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****** up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose AFL... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose AFL. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Thymosin Beta 4?

View attachment 357765
You should have woken up earlier

One of those games where we shouldn't take our opponent lightly, and we should also win by 10 goals.

Good thing is it is early in the season; no way would any players be in cruise mode. This group want a flag, and they know they have no laurels to rest on. They also know there are enough players to come back from injury, young players pushing in the SANFL for no one who might be inclined to cruise.

I'm looking for a big game from Hampton and Menzel to kick at least a couple.
Their midfield has plenty of talent, but we should have them covered at both ends - especially in attack. The absence of JJ and Guv is huge though. Means Tex is going to get mobbed, but we still have plenty of firepower.

No mercy, fast start, accurate kicking and put these guys to the sword.

Last edited:
I really mean that too because I am going to boo the **** out of Jab Watson et al when they go near the ball.
I agree with your whole post. However I can already see how some in the media will react after we boo the Bombers tonight.

"That awful SA crowd, booing the brave, heroic, saintly Bombers. Bunch of racist bogans."

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Choose AFL. Choose a Premiership. Choose a Browlow. Choose a Team. Choose a big ******* crowd, choose training, footballs, banners and sing-alongs. Choose good health, low cholesterol, and soft tissue injuries. Choose cheer squads. Choose contract negotiations. Choose your teammates. Choose leisurewear and matching polos. Choose a three-piece suit in a range of ******* fabrics. Choose concussions and wondering who the **** you are on Sunday morning. Choose sitting on that couch watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing football shows, stuffing ******* Gatorade into your mouth. Choose rotting away at the end of it all, pissing your last in a miserable pub, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish, ****** up brats you spawned to replace yourselves. Choose your future. Choose AFL... But why would I want to do a thing like that? I chose not to choose AFL. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Thymosin Beta 4?

View attachment 357765

Phwoahh.....
That's a faaarkin post alright

I don't hate the Bombers. I know they got jabbed, but I also think the players were more stupid than conniving. I don't see 17 Lance Armstrongs when I look at the banned players.

I'm in the "served their time" category with the players now. They didn't win anything because of the drugs, the Brownlow was handed back. They didn't hurt anyone but themselves in the end. These players are people, kids really, gotta move on eventually. I hope the crowd don't spend the whole night trying to boo at every chance for the drug stuff ... it seems petty and holier-than-thou to me, and I don't think it makes sense. (I have a different view of the administration that were behind this, they deserve everything they get and more)

I personally hope we spend the night cheering Eddie and the team, and don't get dragged into the "boo" saga all over again.

As far as the footy goes, I think they play a type of footy that bothers us. Good kicking, slow methodical movement. Looking forward to seeing what Pyke has cooked up to counter the different methods we will be presented with tonight.

On the other hand, I don't think that Essendon have as many counters to our tricks ...

I don't really care about the margin so much just that we get a win, start well, play a consistent good 4 quarters, the young players get more development and there's no injuries.

Woke up this morning looking for the game day thread....oh wait!

If the boys don't take this one for granted I suspect a comfortable win.

I think it is time to let go of the drug thing. It is over now, time to move on. Those boys will always have it over their heads. I say life is full of mistakes....the key is learning from it.

Lets hope Tex does a Gordon Tallis, gives them so much s**t about being drug cheats, just mercyless sledging, that they cry themselves to sleep.:)

Pretty close to a sell out, only category 2 and 3 left and single seats only.

Was going to use one of my 3 game GA membership passes tonight with my son

Got a message yesterday from a mate saying he has 2 spare seats in a premo spot. Giddy up!

Thought it may not be a capacity house due to Easter.... let's hope there will be 50K+ there now!

The 19th man can be your downfall tonight. West Coast found that out the hard way.
The boos will definitely fire the boys up. It'll make a run-of-the-mill home and away game into a cut throat must-win finals like game for the boys. Boo at your own peril Crows fans because what's coming after that will be your doing. We're hungry and we want Crows for dinner.

We love a good interstate win story like Freo at the top of their game in 2013, or that infamous West Coast 2013 game. Or that Portress 2014 "didn't lose to anyone outside of SA at AO" game. Notice how 1 team from the West of Victoria is missing? Yes. That's coming and we want it tonight!!

We see red (and black) when boos ring loud around the ground. It charges us up.
It's been fun bantering on the Adelaide board. But now it's time for us to bring the real fantasy land to AO.

See you tonight Crows

The cheats need to be put in their place, there are no excuses today.

To have a club like Essendon get off so lightly for their systematic cheating program is an affront to every other club in the league, to have them referred to as cooperative by the AFL is an affront to the Adelaide Crows personally. They are a club that despite their crime and despite their punishment was allowed to still exist, unrepentant to play the victim on the national stage. Their continued existence in this competition offends me, and it should offend all good Crows supporters. Seeing as our masters did not deem it economically prudent to remove Essendon from the competition, we as the Adelaide Crows must take and use what we can get from the situation. Essendon must be destroyed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back