Game Day Round 4 2017: Adelaide v Essendon: Brothers In Arms

Remove this Banner Ad

Solid win, but against the best we really have to tighten up defensively. Liked Hampton and Menzel off the ball, worked really hard.

Milera is a concern right now, and DMac you are the weakest link.
Unless you saw stuff different to me, i thought menzel was consistently jogging in the background as the ball left our forward line with ease for most of the second half.

Unless you saw stuff different to me, i thought menzel was consistently jogging in the background as the ball left our forward line with ease for most of the second half.
When the game needed to be won he was constantly harassing and chasing. Kicked a goal due to his workrate.

Carlton had nearly double the inside 50s of Essendon last week. Carlton! The Dons have lost every inside 50 count this year.

We should win comfortably. Crows by 54

Not too far off. When you're a top 4-quality side playing a bottom 10 side, you should expect to win comfortably. We did. Never worried we'd lose this at any stage during the week or during the match

Menzel had one good chase and was absolutely buggered afterward.

Still building fitness. Probably not a natural athlete, combined with all his injuries has slowed him down. I think if he manages to stay fit for the year and can role into another preseason with full fitness, he should get better. There was one passage of play where he completed 3 or 4 hard pressure acts chasing down Essendon players in defense. He is a work in progress. Showed some good signs with some class moments.

Not too far off. When you're a top 4-quality side playing a bottom 10 side, you should expect to win comfortably. We did. Never worried we'd lose this at any stage during the week or during the match

Me neither, if we're a top 4 side we should win this match comfortably. We did.

We should also dispose of Gold Coast with equal amounts of comfort.

Me neither, if we're a top 4 side we should win this match comfortably. We did.

We should also dispose of Gold Coast with equal amounts of comfort.

Gold Coast will be slightly harder than Essendon, especially as it's at Metricon. Gold Coast have a much better forward line so we'll need to tighten up our defence to win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still building fitness. Probably not a natural athlete, combined with all his injuries has slowed him down. I think if he manages to stay fit for the year and can role into another preseason with full fitness, he should get better. There was one passage of play where he completed 3 or 4 hard pressure acts chasing down Essendon players in defense. He is a work in progress. Showed some good signs with some class moments.
Not convinced. Hampton looks like he's showing something. Don't see anything radical about Menzel yet. Happy to be wrong though.

Building his game. Only 2 AFL games in 2 years and 16 games in the last 3. He needs a good run of multiple games to rebuild confidence and his game.
They played him around the ground a bit, seen him up forward, on the wing and in the middle. Not sure if trying to find his spot or just getting him involved etc.

He was okay. Not great. 18 disposals at 88% for an outside player is good. Needs to build his body and defensive work. But to say flatly that he's not an AFL quality player is a ridiculous overreaction.
Yeah maybe so but at the time of posting he had a howler. It was the last straw for me. His last quarter was ok but the first three were ugly.
He is good enough I think we all know that but he must start improving the physical side of his game. Outside player or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back