Autopsy Round 4, 2018: Geelong v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Borderline best 22.
You're being a complete clown now.

Geary has finished 2nd and 3rd in the last 2 best and fairest and was close to, if not our BOG in rounds 1 and 2.
Idc if he was BOG or not. This man couldn't hit a player who was 20 meters away from him and he was in right in front of him. I think last week, he also dropped a chest mark which resulted in a goal which made us lose momentum.

He's probably a good bloke, hard worker, and a solid leader but on gameday he sucks. Playing BP, idk how he can impact the game as a captain. Look at current captains of AFL. Most are mids, Lynch has support from May on the other side. Tex has Sloane, Gibbs controlling and leading the mid. None of our forwards or mids are genuine game changing leadership quality players. I wouldn't mind if he had support in the mid and forward but our so called leaders 'Armo', 'Newnes' are pure shìt, none of our players seem to have stepped up in terms of leadership. We look lost out there.

Watched some bits & pieces of the game again while making dinner tonight. All our players kick ‘moon balls’, kicks that go as high as they are long & allow 10 defenders to camp under them for a mark or spoil. Why can’t our blokes kick to a hole in the opposition zone & allow our blokes to run into the space to mark?

Sorry I’m getting a bit ahead of myself there.... why can’t our players execute a 25m kick or 5m handball in general? :(

Why can’t our blokes pick the ball up in one go? Is there a requirement that we must fumble it a minimum of 3 times before scooping it up?

We’re a rabble at present

Watched some bits & pieces of the game again while making dinner tonight. All our players kick ‘moon balls’, kicks that go as high as they are long & allow 10 defenders to camp under them for a mark or spoil. Why can’t our blokes kick to a hole in the opposition zone & allow our blokes to run into the space to mark?

Sorry I’m getting a bit ahead of myself there.... why can’t our players execute a 25m kick or 5m handball in general? :(

Why can’t our blokes pick the ball up in one go? Is there a requirement that we must fumble it a minimum of 3 times before scooping it up?

What did you cook ?

And that proves to me it’s confidence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The dust has well and truly settled now and even though nobody gives a stuff anymore I'm going to give some non coaching thoughts on the game.

Doubted whether Dunstan would ever get there last year but awesome to see that his finish to last year was no fluke. Him along with Steele I think you can lock in as mids every week with Steven and Ross.

We've found one in Marshall. I think Bruce will have a hard time getting back in the team barring injury or if say Paddy doesn't become the player we thought he'd be.

Lonie....can't see it anymore. His VFL form never translates to AFL form and at this point you have to wonder if it ever will.

Add Gilbert to the cooked list. Robbo out may save him though because I can't see anyone else for that third tall role unless we put someone like White there but that makes us even more inexperienced.

Oh come on Rors ...
Making far too much sense mate!

Oh yeah, can you coach?
We might have a little job for you.

The dust has well and truly settled now and even though nobody gives a stuff anymore I'm going to give some non coaching thoughts on the game.

Doubted whether Dunstan would ever get there last year but awesome to see that his finish to last year was no fluke. Him along with Steele I think you can lock in as mids every week with Steven and Ross.

We've found one in Marshall. I think Bruce will have a hard time getting back in the team barring injury or if say Paddy doesn't become the player we thought he'd be.

Lonie....can't see it anymore. His VFL form never translates to AFL form and at this point you have to wonder if it ever will.

Add Gilbert to the cooked list. Robbo out may save him though because I can't see anyone else for that third tall role unless we put someone like White there but that makes us even more inexperienced.

I think Bruce is only out of the team due to Injury.

If we wan't a third tall, Logan Austin may be worth a shot, or if we aren't that fussed about height Webster will hopefully be back.

I was thinking the same, how come we have gone so bad since beating Richmond last year?

Our skills level are not even VFL standard.

Maybe we are trying something different and all the players are confused?

Last edited:
That's the thing that's completely missing for us this year. Last year we were a hard-nosed heavy tackling side who ran in waves and worked for each other off the ball. We lacked skill and poise but you couldn't deny our pressure game being very good and our work rate. We are lazy this year and all playing selfish footy.
Confidence shot, playing in their shells.

I'd give him a whirl as a defensive forward. Show him what the horrific delivery feels like.
The backline is the most experienced. Don't need our leader hiding at the very back behind everyone else having negative to 0 impact on every game.
Maybe Gears, as leader, has demanded to be put into the play?
Who’s to say he hasn’t?
Certainly no one on this board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our handballing is like that and it drives me nuts. Our handballing is so high it’s slow and ineffective.

I was thinking the same, how come we have gone so bad since beating Richmond last year?

Our skills level are not even VFL standard.

Maybe we are trying something different and all the players are confused?

To me it's our poise and decision making that are a bit exposed. People keep saying Richo does nothing different but we sit up on level three where you get a really good gauge of the set ups.

We have stopped playing how we did a few years ago where we had every player on the ground run back to help the defence then swarm forward in a running wave.

I think Playfair has been brought in to help them transition into a stand alone defence who gets some relief from the rolling back midfield who spread on the counter attack.

We have gone from causing chaos that stops other teams setting up and gives a few teams a real shock when their systems all break down, but takes huge amounts of energy and is unsustainable over 23 rounds. When you don't score you can't keep the energy up to keep going and get exposed instead when the work rate drops away.

I think since Richo re signed we have been trying to work on a more sustainable game plan but the extra technicalities of trying to know where to be has confused some of the players.

He has also been playing guys like Paddy who along side Bruce and Membrey was really struggling but to his credit he's stuck to building for the future rather than panicking and playing the old way with a familiar set up.

Not much we can do but suck it up and watch him play the kids because we will be better for it next year and beyond.

Ask the recruiting staff.

I have’nt even bothered reading the previous 11 pages, but this is the one fact we should all remember: We are the second youngest team in the AFL.

Anyone who thinks Richo should be sacked etc should give themselves a backhander, sadly what the club sold as a vision at this early juncture looks like fools gold, but I’ll cop losing if we keep playing the kids like we did tonight.

There’s no downside to where we are at the moment, if we were an old team I’d be spewing, but we’re the opposite.

Let’s get #12 out of mothballs at the end of the year and present it to Max King.

Enjoy the year!
LOL
A bit different to what you been posting lately, you really do just make crap as you go dont you BS

Look at me look at me I'm a ITK

Remove this Banner Ad

Back