Game Day Round 4, 2018 - Richmond vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY :D

Now, I'm going to bed :D

Maybe today we'll actually play to our level of ability against Richmond for the first time in a decade...
We have a competitive side although young of course,the problem is the bloody Tiges are semi legit now.How the * did the Tiges become semi legit !

Not sure whether I'm excited or filled with fear. Both I think.

Very windy outside already, supposed to get rain as well. Chance of thunderstorm. Oh joy!

Will be a :poo: of a day.

I assume our players are pumped by this opportunity to play the best on the home of the g. Great effort and solid decision making will see us very competitive today.

Richmond get so much drive from Astbury, Rance and Vlaustin. I actually think we match up well against the blokes. Walker to Astbury both strong in the air but Walker will make it a 50/50 contest. Hipwood has to run Rance around and away from the contest. We also need to hit Hipwood up at every opportunity on the lead to make Rance accountable. Vlaustin does a great job at the third man up in the marking contest, Bewick can compete with him in the air and on the ground. If we can negate these guys then Cameron, Christensen, Robbo and Rayner might have some fun.

I assume our players are pumped by this opportunity to play the best on the home of the g. Great effort and solid decision making will see us very competitive today.
Decision making is going to be the key. When we have the ball in our hands we have to use it. I would like to see us come out and go BANG from the first bounce. Putting immediate scoreboard pressure on Richmond is the best way to beat them. As I said in an earlier post, having seen Richmond “live” twice at the MCG this year, they do not look that flash when they don’t have the ball in their hands and their opponents are running. They play a very ‘Man on Man’ type game in defence and rely on poor entry into their defensive 50 or winning kicks to contests to pick the ball off and rebound. With our smaller forward line, we need to run hard to get free and avoid kicking to contests.

Richmond have not convinced me, despite being reigning Premiers and I think we can do them today. Just look at what Collingwood did to Adelaide last night. Anything can happen and probably will.

Looking forward to taking the kids to the game.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another big test of Fagan's coaching today. As we are a young team who delivered a really encouraging performance last week, the big danger I see is that we succumb to a level of complacency and don't bring the same intensity to the contest we did last week - the old 'young player inconsistency' at work.

If we display the same level of commitment as we did last week, I think we can give the Tiges a real shock, as we did against Port.

Looking forward to the ruck battle again. If Stef can break even in the middle he should slaughter Nankervis around the ground. I think Stef is our most important player, hoping he can replicate last weeks form.

Another big test of Fagan's coaching today. As we are a young team who delivered a really encouraging performance last week, the big danger I see is that we succumb to a level of complacency and don't bring the same intensity to the contest we did last week - the old 'young player inconsistency' at work.

If we display the same level of commitment as we did last week, I think we can give the Tiges a real shock, as we did against Port.
I cant see that we have room for complacency at the moment, we are 0 and 3 and at the bottom of the ladder.
There is lots to play for this week, first and only game at the 'G' for the year, chasing a first win, up against last years Premiers. We are playing some pretty good footy this year and been in every game. No reason to change the attitude or desire for this game, infact maybe even more determination and confidence after last week.
I have full faith that Chris Fagan will have them up for this game and ready to continue to prove the doubters wrong.
If Richmond are 5% off their game and we are on top of ours, we will give it a good shake.

I cant see that we have room for complacency at the moment, we are 0 and 3 and at the bottom of the ladder.
There is lots to play for this week, first and only game at the 'G' for the year, chasing a first win, up against last years Premiers. We are playing some pretty good footy this year and been in every game. No reason to change the attitude or desire for this game, infact maybe even more determination and confidence after last week.
I have full faith that Chris Fagan will have them up for this game and ready to continue to prove the doubters wrong.
If Richmond are 5% off their game and we are on top of ours, we will give it a good shake.
don't like this talk of "our only game at the G this year" ....there is heaps of season left.

Currently in the process of buttering up the footy gods. Just cleaned out my car and now going to try and organise to pick up a walker for my Nanna.

Which I am totally doing because I love my Nanna, not because I'm bribing the footy gods. Totally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back