Review Round 4, 2019: Box Hill Hawks v Coburg, 27 April 2019, 1.00pm @ Box Hill City Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

stemline

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2001
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nope, not today (Boucher didn't play).

Tristan Tweedie played his first game for Box Hill. Skinny, athletic tall type, he did ok in defence.

Andrew Moore was excellent. Kilpatrick worked into the game really well and was involved in a lot of our better passages in the second half.

Meadows was consistent, Lachie Walker a bit quieter than his previous outings, Mullenger-McHugh threw himself about but struggled to have much impact or to get any easy ball.

As previously noted I reckon Horner had a cracking game. Mascitti was pretty good, although I thought others to miss the 'best players' were better.

Reinbold played his first game as the 23rd, thought he looked pretty sharp. Much better than Jesse Cucinotta who really struggled as 23rd last week.

They've got a good batch of recruits, I guess they've got to rotate them a bit - hopefully Boucher is back next week. Mackie missed this week also, but I haven't been impressed with him at all. I thought Mason De Wit was very good in the practice match at Punt Road as another athletic defender, hopefully we see something of him soon too.

Last edited:

Promising reports on quite a few.

Good to see Glass starting to find consistently good numbers as an onballer.

Good read re Ollies score involvements if he can get better without the ball he starts getting closer to becoming a player.

Dylan Moore very consistent he can't be far off the top level again.

Exciting from Walker. I know it was Coburg but the Glass and Moore in particular very consistent week in week out.

Easy Slips Catch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2006
Fringe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Some surprisingly candid comments in there.

Really like the way Greaves goes about it. No frills or fuss, just seems to have a clear sense of the game. Needs 6 or so kilos but very calm near the footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 31, 2006
A state of delusion
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Nope, not today (Boucher didn't play).

Tristan Tweedie played his first game for Box Hill. Skinny, athletic tall type, he did ok in defence.

Andrew Moore was excellent. Kilpatrick worked into the game really well and was involved in a lot of our better passages in the second half.

Meadows was consistent, Lachie Walker a bit quieter than his previous outings, Mullenger-McHugh threw himself about but struggled to have much impact or to get any easy ball.

As previously noted I reckon Horner had a cracking game. Mascitti was pretty good, although I thought others to miss the 'best players' were better.

Reinbold played his first game as the 23rd, thought he looked pretty sharp. Much better than Jesse Cucinotta who really struggled as 23rd last week.

They've got a good batch of recruits, I guess they've got to rotate them a bit - hopefully Boucher is back next week. Mackie missed this week also, but I haven't been impressed with him at all. I thought Mason De Wit was very good in the practice match at Punt Road as another athletic defender, hopefully we see something of him soon too.

So does Meadows look a mid season prospect or hard to say?

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi guys, sorry, I couldn't find a random question thread - can any VFL watchers tell me much about former box hill hawk Michael Knoll?

looks to have been traded from hawks to South Adelaide last year.

our kid ruck did an acl this week and we are paper thin, sources have had us talking to this bloke for the mid year draft.

Anyone have any memory of him? player likeness ect?

cheers

Michael only played a three games for the BHH VFL team since Pitto was always the first choice in the ruck. He played basket ball before signing up to play with the BHH in 2017 and his improvement in the development team was noticeable. He played a break out game towards the end of last season against Port Melbourne's Haretuku with from memory 40 plus hit outs and a lot of tackles. He was an emergency for the finals when we went with Pitto and Lewis. Michael's a solid citizen and made the move to the SAFL to give himself the best chance to play at state level and hopefully get a crack at the AFL.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader...l/news-story/32643c1f809b08a34f07f1c556be1f49

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Michael only played a three games for the BHH VFL team since Pitto was always the first choice in the ruck. He played basket ball before signing up to play with the BHH in 2017 and his improvement in the development team was noticeable. He played a break out game towards the end of last season against Port Melbourne's Haretuku with from memory 40 plus hit outs and a lot of tackles. He was an emergency for the finals when we went with Pitto and Lewis. Michael's a solid citizen and made the move to the SAFL to give himself the best chance to play at state level and hopefully get a crack at the AFL.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/leader...l/news-story/32643c1f809b08a34f07f1c556be1f49

Cheers mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back