Discussion Round 4, 2019 - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the response I got from the cats store when I asked if player issue clash guernseys will be available

Thank you for your email.

As the players most likely will not be playing in their clash guernsey this year, they will not be produced as player issue.

Kind regards,

So unlikely we’ll see them unfortunately

Interesting call by the club, I know last years had player issues made for the VFL and VFLW, but not the mens, I wonder if this one will hang around for a long time or if it will be redesigned again next year, I hope they just leave it like this for a while.

Also wonder what sales are like on it, I know I got one because I like the fact its a straght invererse of the home jumper I like it for something different.

Interesting call by the club, I know last years had player issues made for the VFL and VFLW, but not the mens, I wonder if this one will hang around for a long time or if it will be redesigned again next year, I hope they just leave it like this for a while.

Also wonder what sales are like on it, I know I got one because I like the fact its a straght invererse of the home jumper I like it for something different.

I've been into The Cats Shop way to often since the end of last season right up until now, and I only just saw the clash jumpers on sale last Tuesday at training (despite being on sale since Christmas at Rebel).

I think they'd end up selling a few because people like to wear a dark-based jumper, but they'd sell lots more if they flogged them heaps and wore them at home

I've been into The Cats Shop way to often since the end of last season right up until now, and I only just saw the clash jumpers on sale last Tuesday at training (despite being on sale since Christmas at Rebel).

I think they'd end up selling a few because people like to wear a dark-based jumper, but they'd sell lots more if they flogged them heaps and wore them at home
Excluding Sydney and Gold Coast, whom would you wear the dark jumper against, without causing a clash.

Excluding Sydney and Gold Coast, whom would you wear the dark jumper against, without causing a clash.

That was it. We play them anywhere between 2-4 times in a season, which is sufficient enough to see the team wear the jumper but not overdo it

Agree just against the red based sides = min 2, max 4 times a year, better contrast to watch those games and cements away jumper, also no issues if had to be worn in Grand Final for some reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the AFL have allowed this after previously stopping North from wearing blue shorts, they have been ripped off.
Not at all, just means north should have stuck it out rather than crack it.

Honestly, if hawthorn can get away with wearing brown shorts with a gold jumper then I see no issue with the match up in Geelong today. Honestly it’s not that bad with navy against orange.

Feels like a real traditional match.

Honestly, if hawthorn can get away with wearing brown shorts with a gold jumper then I see no issue with the match up in Geelong today. Honestly it’s not that bad with navy against orange.

Why would they stick at it? In the hope that the AFL flip flopped around on their decision at some point in the future.

I hope North revert to their proper guernsey if this is the new ruling.

Don't feel you can compare Hawthorn though.

They have one of those jumpers that looks dark with Brown shorts but lighter when worn with white shorts.

Cats jumper, like North's previous home jumper always looks light, and when playing a dark team, should be worn with white shorts.

Differenct between Hawthorn and Geelong though is that Geelong have white in their uniform, and putting white shorts on the away team introduces a mutual colour unnecessarily. That doesn’t happen with Hawthorn.

Like the Melbourne game a couple of weeks ago, this isn’t the worst clash, but it would be better with Geelong in white. Hell, even Geelong in navy with GWS in charcoal wuld probably be better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back