Autopsy Round 4, 2019: St.Kilda v Hawthorn *BLUE RIBBON CUP*

Remove this Banner Ad

He just glides across the turf like a gazelle
Which is why I reckon it sucks seeing him stuck deep forward out of the play for such long periods of the game.

Those who can break through presses and zones by weaving their way through traffic like that and who can get multiple disposals in a chain- by covering so much ground in a short period of time like he can- are like gold.

We simply must find a way to get him reaching his full potential, and if that means one or more others need to play elsewhere a bit more often, then so be it.

Was of the same opinion re Marshall, which is why I thought it was madness that we left him out of the team altogether in R1 (which almost cost us a win, as Pierce was possibly worst on ground and we only won by a point).

Lol, for all this immense crying about Hawthorn being down to 2 on the bench and so-on for a chunk of the game, I just looked at the TOG numbers and Hawthorn only had two who played less than 70% of the game.
Frawley played 31% and Stratton 60%.
While for us McKenzie played 33% and Parker (went off with a big limp in the 2nd quarter, but eventually returned) played 66%.
So from a purely rotations POV both sides were in almost identical positions and apparently Hawthorn actually had more rotations than us, so it's little to no excuse.

After listening to all the Hawthorn supporters carrying on about how inexperienced and undermanned they were, I looked up the age and games played breakdown between the teams. They had nine 150 gamers playing while we had Nathan Brown. Imagine having that many experienced players and calling yourself "young".

View attachment 655131

Heard this whinge directly from a Hawks fan and many times on their board.
Please post these on there or on the main board...worth a little suspension, surely? :D

I notice that Seb Ross was recognised as Sainter Of The Round for the Hawks game.

In my view, that honour would be given to Jack Lonie, who really followed up his positive performances so far this season with a comprehensively dominant influence at key moments of the game, none the least the matchwinning goal after scoring 2 goals 5 behinds previously in the game.

He scored the first Saints goal of the day too, and was harassing opposition players and was literally everywhere, in the backline, in the centre, and I thought he stood up when it counted!

And to think I advocated trading him last year!

Good on you Jack, keep proving us wrong!

He didn't get a coaches vote either though.

Nor Steele, who had 16 CP's, 7 clearances and 7 tackles.

Only so many to go round...great that we feel some have missed out :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I notice that Seb Ross was recognised as Sainter Of The Round for the Hawks game.

In my view, that honour would be given to Jack Lonie, who really followed up his positive performances so far this season with a comprehensively dominant influence at key moments of the game, none the least the matchwinning goal after scoring 2 goals 5 behinds previously in the game.

He scored the first Saints goal of the day too, and was harassing opposition players and was literally everywhere, in the backline, in the centre, and I thought he stood up when it counted!

And to think I advocated trading him last year!

Good on you Jack, keep proving us wrong!

Did you vote for Lonie? It might have made the difference.

Near the end of the third, I think it was just before the Acres magic.

giphy.gif

They did seem to rove very well to me too. I was surprised that we won clearance to be honest. They have much more obvious inside players who seemed to get plenty of ball when it was tight, it was shattering my nerves that they seemed to keep taking it cleanly out of the middle. We seemed to be dominating most other ares of the game though.

Hawks have been desperately trying to get inside player.
Mitchell and O'Meara. O'Meara was always injury prone.
So Worpel, 2nd year is their best insider.

Center clearances.

Cousins 4
Marshall 3
Parker 2
Gresham 2
Steele 2
Worpel 2

Sinclair got more clearances than Worpel.
They are stuffed without mitchel and o'meara

Remove this Banner Ad

Back