Preview Round 4, 2019: St.Kilda v Hawthorn - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 14th April, 3:20PM AEST *BLUE RIBBON CUP*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 57 69.5%
  • Hawks

Votes: 25 30.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Training was good again today.

Max King getting much more involved, I'd say before mid-year he'll have played VFL.

Pretty disappointing in the club to not select Stuv again this weekend, especially after Richo was banging on about him being selected last Friday before the Freo game (He said that Stuv would miss v Freo but straight back in the week after). Stuvvy trained fully today.

Hanners is training. Modified program. The club has tried to get him going at full pelt but his body has broken down twice before, so they are getting him back to a reasonable level again and slowly increasing his workload so he can sustain it for the rest of the year. Still a while away. I was told he won't play until the second half of the year. Pretty poor choice of words by Richo to say they are rebuilding him. To put it simply, Hanners is probably at around 75% at the moment. They want him obviously at 100% so slowly building him towards that.

There was a bit of match-sim stuff as usual. A lot of work done on entry. Only probably saw 1 or 2 bombs into F50 from the 30 minutes they did it.

No real concerns to report. Coffield looked good but I think the reason now that he is missing from the seniors is he needs to just understand the way we want to play a bit better. There were a few times he didn't take the right option and the coaches called him out on it. He'll learn though no issues there.

Longer trained, looked good! But I think Marshall has probably gone past him to be honest. If Ro continues his good form I can't see how Longer breaks into the side.

Long, Parker, Lonie looked good in the forward drills. They all hunt the ball carrier so incredibly well - exciting to watch.

I think that's it. Plenty of confidence about the group. They reviewed the game earlier in the week and it pretty much came down to missed shots. All indicators pointed to a win, so whilst it's tough to lose, it looks as though they've focused on what went well and I reckon we will have a good showing on Sunday afternoon.
Disappointing if Stuv was right to go.
Gonna be some great fwd pressure with the Saints sooner than later imo.

Parker and Long points to prove this week.
Kent too!

Vanilla vs Beige.

What a contest...

Gold versus quartz, Worpol is already looking like a prime mover mid and Hunter is still huge potential. Hopefully playing together for Vic country has meant they know each others game and get competitive.

Reckon Dunstan is stiff, prepared to cop it from the usual Dunstan - haters, whatever.

Steven being out has sealed our fate I reckon too, hope I'm wrong and will be over the farkn moon to win.

Whoops , my bad , I missed that , lol

Don’t Panic !!
No worries. I'm laughing. The right point you make though. Guys have to be ready when they come up. I do wonder about Sandy though. Is that a place to shine? Hard to know.

Re Kent. I reckon it often takes recruits from other clubs a while to get going. I remember Prestia looking pretty ordinary week after week when he first joined the Tigers. He was not much until about halfway through the year when he suddenly clicked. Trying too hard....not understanding how his team mates play. Kent has certainly dropped a lot and been fumbly. I hope it doesn't take many more weeks, but it looks like they are trying to let him settle in. We might be nicely surprised.

Not sure what will come of it but this has to be one of the most exciting sides on paper we’ve put out for a long time. Looks nothing like the team we’ve put out for the last few years, I’m starting to wonder whether Richo’s got any say at all any more.

Re Kent. I reckon it often takes recruits from other clubs a while to get going. I remember Prestia looking pretty ordinary week after week when he first joined the Tigers. He was not much until about halfway through the year when he suddenly clicked. Trying too hard....not understanding how his team mates play. Kent has certainly dropped a lot and been fumbly. I hope it doesn't take many more weeks, but it looks like they are trying to let him settle in. We might be nicely surprised.
Prestia's first game for Richmond was 28 touches, 5 tackles and a goal…

Difference is, Prestia is a midfield star, Kent is a forward depth player from a team that has barely won a game in 10 years.

I don't mind Kent on the list, but he doesn't have runs on the board so if his form isn't great he should be playing VFL… he's looking everything like a pick 65 trade at present.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon Dunstan is stiff, prepared to cop it from the usual Dunstan - haters, whatever.

Steven being out has sealed our fate I reckon too, hope I'm wrong and will be over the farkn moon to win.
Why is Steven out , Dunstan out most probably because he is not getting enough of it and leg speed - but didn't think he would get dropped.

I don’t understand why you are comparing the 2
because mckenzie is playing half back negator. Joyce would be better in that role

either way CLARK/COFFIELD over naughton.
FFS we have to goy to stop with the VIC only/PRIVATE school only policy. it is killing us .

once again our top ten picks are meh whist others look like stars.

ffs.

Prestia's first game for Richmond was 28 touches, 5 tackles and a goal…

Difference is, Prestia is a midfield star, Kent is a forward depth player from a team that has barely won a game in 10 years.

I don't mind Kent on the list, but he doesn't have runs on the board so if his form isn't great he should be playing VFL… he's looking everything like a pick 65 trade at present.
He didn't beat that R1 number again until R11. I'm not here to defend Kent, but maybe understand why they are giving him leeway. Harder to perform as a smaller forward than a midfielder. And of course they may have told him he would get X number of games to start with. Not that I agree with it...but that sort of stuff happens.

Would have loved to see Hind in with Long, but happy Long gets another go ( I don’t think he should have been dropped in first place ).

Honestly don’t know about this game. On paper looks as if we can win, but it’s Clarko. They’ve been better than I thought to start the year. Their small forwards worry me. And we just have to lower the eyes in this one. If we bomb it long again, Sicily and Stratton will pick us apart like Freo did last week.

Last edited:
because mckenzie is playing half back negator. Joyce would be better in that role

either way CLARK/COFFIELD over naughton.
FFS we have to goy to stop with the VIC only/PRIVATE school only policy. it is killing us .

once again our top ten picks are meh whist others look like stars.

ffs.
You are completely right. The 184cm, quick, agile, elite runner in D Mac who plays as a small defender is completely interchangeable with the 194cm key defender Darragh who is athletic but main role is to defend the key position forwards.

Coffield missing out because he doesn't understand cho's genial 4-win game plan reeks of more putrid development.

Play the class players, teach them as they play.

I hope they don't ruin Coff through mismanagement the way they've done with others. He's a special talent. Nothing great about the way he seems to have been managed or developed so far. Worrying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back