Preview Round 4, 2019: St.Kilda v Hawthorn - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 14th April, 3:20PM AEST *BLUE RIBBON CUP*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 57 69.5%
  • Hawks

Votes: 25 30.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Look at these odds - Hawthorn $1.42 - St Kilda $2.90

The players should have motivation to go and smash these guys.
Very few of the media have picked us.
If we go into this game and attack the ball and put pressure on Hawthorn they will fold.
If JOM plays he will wish he never did because after a few Steele tackles he will be screaming to get off the ground.
Hawthorns backline would of not faced a faster or more mobile forward line as what we have.
Parker , Long , Kent , Lonie , Bruce , Membery

Saints by 6 goals +
I really don’t think one player will have any motivation to smash hawthorn because of the media or the odds. Their motivation will come from just wanting to win.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Marshall can make a real name for himself if he can beat Big Boy McEvoy tomorrow or at least break even.

He was my secret weapon in SC but after talking him up everyone is jumping on him now.

If he can beat Big Boy McEvoy in the ruck or at least break even we will have a win as RoMa will destroy BiMa around the ground with his running power.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Marshall can make a real name for himself if he can beat Big Boy McEvoy tomorrow or at least break even.

He was my secret weapon in SC but after talking him up everyone is jumping on him now.

If he can beat Big Boy McEvoy in the ruck or at least break even we will have a win as RoMa will destroy BiMa around the ground with his running power.
As good as Marshall is running Ben is better. They are very evenly matched.

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I really don’t think one player will have any motivation to smash hawthorn because of the media or the odds. Their motivation will come from just wanting to win.
everyone wants to win , but when you are classed as a average team I feel they will have a hell of a lot of motivation to prove a point , I just hope it helps the team start the game hyped from the first bounce.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
As good as Marshall is running Ben is better. They are very evenly matched.

McEvoy is stronger, older and wiser so he will probably beat Marshall in the ruck contests but Big Boy is slow as an ox around the ground and that is where Marshall can get an advantage as he runs like a midfielder.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
the thing is Marshall will also be up against Ceglar and McEvoy very big ask for a young kid with 10+ games

Ceglar is s**t, if we need back up for Marshall in the ruck we should throw Bruce in there, he isn't ruck tall but he will give us some physicality at least.

Last resort we throw the GOAT into the ruck to wipe the floor with them.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
McEvoy is stronger, older and wiser so he will probably beat Marshall in the ruck contests but Big Boy is slow as an ox around the ground and that is where Marshall can get an advantage as he runs like a midfielder.
If it’s gut running Ben is the best in the afl. Sprinting doesn’t really happen for rucks

Tommy Wigs

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Really hoping Sandy does better this year as will be bad for the culture if theyre getting flogged most weeks. Was a bit concerned about last weeks result, but then because we played in WA they would have had 4 Saints unavailable + the injuries. Hoping they get a win against Box Hill tomorrow
And Dogs gave Collingwood’s VFL a bit of a hiding this round.

Not my experience at all. That’s a supporter experience

I’m pretty sure that Carlisle was motivated by David King calling him a bust of a trade - he posted the article in his locker.

Anyway, I don’t care what the motivation, I just want a win!

Gosaints12

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ferrari
I am not ECO about our club, but am about Robbo, Hanners and Paddy. What will be will be with those guys. Anything beyond what is happening now is a bonus. And I’m feeling a bit that way about Jack Steven. Poor bloke possibly has other issues and if that is the case then privacy and confidentiality is right. And if it is just injury or lack of condition. Good. He’ll be right soon.

At least we are not flogging our blokes like Sydney do for example. Plenty of guys in the seconds itching to have a go, and we are keen to see them when the time is right. Reckon we are a big chance to knock the Hawks off. We have been ok against them recently. Looking forward to winning.
I agree if the first don’t do the job the second are there good time to be a saint.

Gosaints12

Premiership Player
Sep 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ferrari
I dont understand how Joyce is out and McKenzie in. Joyce was nearly our best bloody player round 1.

Wilkie is a great interceptor but can he negate Gunston?

I wouldve put Joyce on Gunston. Wilkie to intercept, Geary to puopolo, Sinclair to wing, Acres to middle. Battle Forward, Tow

Joyce is injured, but everything else I agree with

Joyce is injured, but everything else I agree with

Joyce injured? Has this been mentioned? What is the problem?
It appears that Austin has re-injured his shoulder.

Dal Santo was saying like North last year, Saints will gain motivation from being written off and use the us against the world thing as a spur.

Jun 4, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
from memory LDU was struggling even more than coff at times in the VFL last year, put in some absolute shockers. Coff will come good..

*at least I hope to god he does, trout's legacy must not live on :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back