Preview Round 4, 2020: Hawthorn v North, 28 June 2020, 6.05pm @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimately, our twin towers for the next 5-10 years are going to be Mitch and the General, we’re just in a transitioning phase now, with Patton adjusting to life at a new club AND coming back to footy after a long injury lay-off, and Mitch Still truly finding his feet.

Could be Lewis and Jeka more the Patton also.

Tell me why you are a BIG critic of him?
I dont think he uses his size enough in the contest and impacta as many contests as he should.

Also, pretty slow when it hits the deck.

Both probably related to his injuries to be fair. But I've got to judge him on what he's done so far in his career, not what he could have achievement without the serious injuries.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

We've always had leading forwards... they're just barred from leading to anywhere but the dead pockets or the half back flank.
Yeh but if we load the forwardline with like 6x of them, they're gonna have to lead.

I dont think he uses his size enough in the contest and impacta as many contests as he should.

Also, pretty slow when it hits the deck.

Both probably related to his injuries to be fair. But I've got to judge him on what he's done so far in his career, not what he could have achievement without the serious injuries.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Fair comments, so we have 'Big Boy' at CHB and now 'Enormous Boy' at CHF - but the problem with Patton is he has the turning circle of a road train so perhaps he maybe better suited at FF leading out from the square.
I know if I heard the ground shake and out the corner of my eye was a monster of a man heading in my direction on a lead I'd probably think twice about putting my body on the line...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure i heard a commentator say last week that Worpel, Mitchell & Jaeger have only played together 10 times and i am pretty sure we would have won most of those.

Need time for them to gel and Impey coming back hopefully soon will give us some dash.

Concerned about the age profile of the list going forward but equally excited for what we may do this season.

Roos 4 changes, Hawks no change

We're backing different horses, and while Cunnington is a shot in the arm for North, a repeat of our group effort last week and conversion in front of the goals should see us through.

Roos 4 changes, Hawks no change

We're backing different horses, and while Cunnington is a shot in the arm for North, a repeat of our group effort last week and conversion in front of the goals should see us through.
Definitely need to run out the last quarter better than the last 2 weeks.

Cunnington is the heart and soul of that team you can see how much they missed him last week.

If Goldstein gets his mojo early we will loose.
Cegs will have a massive say in how this game is played out. Which Cegs will we get? The lazy one that gets pushed off the ball and looks dis-interested or the one that wants to take the game on and show why he is the number 1 ruck taking charge at the stoppage with some aggression and creativity.
Our midfield when on is superior to north, the forwards are better than their backs and we have them covered in defence IF we can maintain pressure in the midfield.

I have said before that I have knocked Smith and last week was super impressed and thought he had his best game in a couple of years. I’d love to see him keep that going!

Late change with Patton our and Harry to get a game.

TO, Lewis and Patton...
Nobody in the team can repeat hit up at at contests like TO. Clarko will be looking to get Lewis fitter and have him do the repeat leads deep, Patton the muscle at FF. We will eventually have a Buddy, Rough, Hale type line up with Breust and Wingard in the Poppy and Rioli mould and have Gunton doing whatever he likes roaming from a flank.

Breust TO Gunston
Patton Lewis Wingard

not many teams will compete in the air with that line up and having the midfield roll up on inside 50 entries I don’t see rebounding defences getting an advantage at the ball drop.

We beat the Roos and Giants we announce ourselves as a contender considering alot of the hyped up teams before the season are struggling. Big 2 weeks coming up.
If we "announce ourselves", how is this important and what of the weeks following the "Big 2 weeks"?

Patton I think is the bear in the square and I really don't think we will see what he can consistently do until next season , that's if he gets a clear run at it this season.

Lewis could be CHF and a gun one but at the minute would be well off that . His tank just isn't up too it and would need a clear run over another pres season and a bit before that is a possibility. I can see him doing both for us .
FWIW I am a huge Lewis fan and think our forwardline long term will be structured for him .

Issue is currently they both really would be playing a similar role , so I think we cannot play both .

I hope we hurry up & trade in a new #1 Ruckman to play CHB & take marks & stuff in 2022 as I reckon BigBoy only has another 12 months in him. The new #1 Ruckman can then sit a comfy 3rd behind Frost & Sicily when it comes to intercepts per game In the HFC backline.

BigBoy’s actual benefit - his capacity to run all day & take strong marks between CHB - CHF & on the wings, is out of vogue anyway.

And... we’re 10th for hitouts & 18th for clearances in the league in 2020.
For what it’s worth, I think at this stage I’m also a McEvoy in the ruck fan.
However, the fact we’re last in the league for clearances doesn’t worry me - it’s far more relevant to look at the type of clearances.
If we are switched on and pressuring then the very reason we are playing BB in defence comes into play (rushed bombs forward etc)
If we aren’t, eg Geelong, then we’re going to look horrendous.
I understand what he’s trying to do but the question is does McEvoy in the ruck lift us sufficiently from 18th in clearances and protect the backline? Or are we happy to lose the clearances, provided they’re pressured enough that he gobbles them up and we launch from half back.
Either way it’s going to be interesting watching it unfold.

We beat the Roos and Giants we announce ourselves as a contender considering alot of the hyped up teams before the season are struggling. Big 2 weeks coming up.
We need to play consistent football within games then from game to game before we even get close to that .
Do that and the results will take care of themselves.

The door is ajar for a few teams if they aregood enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back