Game Day Round 4, 2020: Sydney Swans vs Western Bulldogs @ SCG, 7:40pm, 25 June

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s from tim Watson doing tips on a show

don’t be precious now
True but Tim did refer to the Bulldogs being on a roll now. This after winning their first game of the season and getting themselves off the bottom of the ladder. On a roll seems a stretch. I think Watson was trying to point out that Sydney is a known quantity where as the Bulldogs first two rounds were really poor. Maybe more upside in the Bulldogs.

I reckon these shorter quarters are benefitting us and hurting others.

My memory could be bad but i recall us having many goals scored against us in "red time" as our younger squad tires throughout quarters.

On the flipside I wonder whether teams like Richmond used to get more goals in "red time" due to their superior fitness.

Would be interesting data.
Article yesterday in the Herald Sun (behind a paywall) that said that Richmond, Geelong and Hawthorn (based on 2019 stats0 kicked the most goals in the minutes cut from this season.

Article yesterday in the Herald Sun (behind a paywall) that said that Richmond, Geelong and Hawthorn (based on 2019 stats0 kicked the most goals in the minutes cut from this season.

There you go!
4 wins and a draw from 9 games between them!

Sorry posted in preview in error

Don't blame him if he does not play

Never a good time to lose your grandfather, but especially not on the night of your 250th. There will be bigger things than footy on Kennedy's mind tonight. Hope he does what's best for him.

Well said

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a feeling Kennedy is the type that will want to play tonight.

Irrespective of that though, I hope he makes the right call for himself on a painful day.

Yeah guess it depends how prepared they were

can’t know how you will feel til it happens though

but wouldn’t shock me if he played but understand completely if he doesn’t

SCG can **** off
We really do need to ask why we have such a poor record of late at the SCG. It's perplexing.

And not at all helpful, given that it used to be such a formidable home ground advantage that we had.

Anyone got any theories on why we've lost the edge at the SCG so dramatically?

i believe our recent success against the dogs have come from cunningham (i believe) tagging johannisen

altho im critical of cunningham, it does seem like its a recipe for success

Heeney needs to perform well tonight, has to start shaking the inconsistent tag.

hoping for a better performance from aliir tonight aswell.

P.s not sure why we are taking Naismith, McLean and Sinclair into the team.
even if McLean plays key forward, 2 rucks is too much in today’s game

We really do need to ask why we have such a poor record of late at the SCG. It's perplexing.

And not at all helpful, given that it used to be such a formidable home ground advantage that we had.

Anyone got any theories on why we've lost the edge at the SCG so dramatically?

I noticed the change in 2016. We'd still dominate teams at the SCG but it was on the inside, almost entirely through our contested and pressure work. The matches at Marvel, Adelaide Oval etc were dominant, but because of our ball movement, and we were a bit more attacking.

I was pretty vocal about my predictions that if our team went in a more attacking direction (which it certainly has done with our recent drafting) that we would struggle at the SCG. Everyone dismissed it because hey, we were minor premiers that year and only lost a few times at home so what was I stressing about!

Well, here we are.

Heeney needs to perform well tonight, has to start shaking the inconsistent tag.

hoping for a better performance from aliir tonight aswell.

P.s not sure why we are taking Naismith, McLean and Sinclair into the team.
even if McLean plays key forward, 2 rucks is too much in today’s game

I see Longmire playing Sinclair as a forward today as he is actually a handy forward. Naismith will obviously be the main ruckman and McLean could play as a sort of midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back