Game Day Round 4, 2020: Sydney Swans vs Western Bulldogs @ SCG, 7:40pm, 25 June

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine JK senior would want JPK to play.. wouldn't be surprised to see JPK earn Best on Ground

Heeney needs to perform well tonight, has to start shaking the inconsistent tag.

hoping for a better performance from aliir tonight aswell.

P.s not sure why we are taking Naismith, McLean and Sinclair into the team.
even if McLean plays key forward, 2 rucks is too much in today’s game
2 best on ground from 3 matches is a pretty good start for Heeney
1 Ruck and two tall forwards is pretty normal

I see Longmire playing Sinclair as a forward today as he is actually a handy forward. Naismith will obviously be the main ruckman and McLean could play as a sort of midfielder.

Say what?

Id give Mills a go as a midfielder before McLean :p

Maybe RUNVS meant McLean could be a Goodes-like player.

How many Goodes' have we had now? I've lost count. Heeney, Aliir, Blakey, Goodes himself...

He may have meant that but (after I stop laughing) McLeans body isn’t capable of being Goodes like...

He may have meant that but (after I stop laughing) McLeans body isn’t capable of being Goodes like...
Keep in mind that RUNVS was the one gave us the unique insight that "Wayne Carey wasn't really a forward"

Should be quite a bit of emotion around tonight's game should Josh run out (which I think he will). It would be fitting to honour his grandfather by playing a blinder in his 250th.

JPK was a colossus in the 2016 Grand Final. I felt it was a shame that some of his teammates let him down on the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some are closer than others. McLean not so much.

Big, strong kid and I think having him and Sinkers as forward targets is going to make players like Heeney and Papley significantly more dangerous.

Agree. I have wanted McLean in the side for a long time and when it comes to choosing between he and Sinclair (which I feel it inevitably will once we get some blokes back), I hope we persist with McLean.

Agree. I have wanted McLean in the side for a long time and when it comes to choosing between he and Sinclair (which I feel it inevitably will once we get some blokes back), I hope we persist with McLean.
Well Sinkers is 30 and McLean is only 21 so I think I know the answer to that. That's taking for granted that McLean keeps his spot on the list.

People may laugh but I truly think when McLean builds his tank he is capable of being a player who can get 20 disposals in a game and that is bordering on midfield numbers.

I am a big fan but the guy has the turning circle of the QE2, I don't want him near a centre bounce unless it's to tap in the absence of a genuine ruck.

Well Sinkers is 30 and McLean is only 21 so I think I know the answer to that. That taking for granted that McLean keeps his spot on the list.

Yep, he's a rookie and could be an easy-cut if the club deems it necessary. Kinda playing for his career this year really, though I'd hope we're smart enough to realise we're not in a position to be cutting big blokes who have a crack.

Yep, he's a rookie and could be an easy-cut if the club deems it necessary. Kinda playing for his career this year really, though I'd hope we're smart enough to realise we're not in a position to be cutting big blokes who have a crack.
If Naismith stays healthy then I really think Sinclair and McLean are fighting for a similar spot, which really is fill in key forward while Buddy and Reid are out.

McLean had a red hot go while he was rucking last year so I don't question his effort. Looking forward to seeing what he can do while he's got this window of opportunity.

I have a good feeling about this game but i don't wanna get my hopes up too high.
I think we're actually in better form than the Doggies. They got smacked by Collingwood and St Kilda. They beat the Giants but they look a bit of a mess at the moment.

We haven't beat anyone of note yet but it's been a fairly consistent performance across all three games.

But form is all over the place at the moment for a lot of teams. It's like a series of Thursday night training scratch matches.

No Josh Dunkley helps us a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back