Game Day Round 4, 2020: Sydney Swans vs Western Bulldogs @ SCG, 7:40pm, 25 June

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Effort just unacceptable.
There are a a bunch of key players who are crossroads atm.
they can go onto be really good footballers and have team success or go down as a bloke who flashed promise but never had much of an impact.
florent, Mills, Heeney, Hayward immediately come to mind.
these players are our core going forward and right now they just are not good enough to take the next step.
pretty deflating tbh.
some would be to do with personal drive etc, but Longmire has done fk all for their development.
We've lost the blue collar mongrel that we used to have. I know there's some younger bodies out there so they're not going to be able to physically dominate but we used to cover a lot of our deficiencies with work ethic and relentless attack on the ball and in defence.

It's not part of our brand any more.

I also think it was lost at the selection table as well.... I mean picking 3 ruckmen when we did well going small the past few games? Yeah nah.
We’re an ordinary side.

It’s a year we should be developing Stephens, Warner rather than persisting with lost cloggers like Fox and Cunningham.

No.2 draft pick behind the Crows would be handy.

I also think it was lost at the selection table as well.... I mean picking 3 ruckmen when we did well going small the past few games? Yeah nah.

In all fairness I didn’t see a lot of objection around here to it when teams were selected.

It would be nice to get a free against this campaigner for incorrect disposal one day. He throws, drops and fumbles the ******* ball if he can't get it out legally. He is a ******* protected Species. A great player who should not be protected by the umpires. Every time he gets caught it is either no prior opportunity, the ball came out in the tackle or it was held to him. fu** me. These ******* umpires are more bent than Bernie Madoff.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I agree...but Control the play and there’s nothing he or the umpires can do..2nd to the ball means u finish 2nd...

We have gone from having multiple lockdown defenders (Grundy/Smith/Rampe) and playing a more defensive style which allowed Aliir/Mills etc to be more intercepting defenders to expecting Aliir to mark one on one and he is incapable of doing so.
We've given away lots of goals by kicking across the ground (Dawson, Aliir, Kennedy etc).

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Naismith wins a lot of taps but taps to no one
That is, bullshit. He tapped to where our players were supposed to be. They were not there because the Bulldogs were taking front position and our mids were not even contesting. They were pathetic today. We got slaughtered in the mids. They were standing back for some unknown reason. What's more they were weak as piss. Joey did not start playing until after half time. He should not have played.

Parker was playing on Bont. Should not have happened. A total mismatch. ******* stupid McVeigh you idiot!!!!

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

we will be s**t some weeks

after half time we bounced back, there is as frustrating as it was some positives

will probably win next week then play s**t again

its a project

there are missing pieces, there are guys who wont make it, guys we will trade and some will be good,

enjoy the ride

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all fairness I didn’t see a lot of objection around here to it when teams were selected.
I thought it was smart because we missed tall marking options in other games. That theory falls apart when they don't actually mark it though.

You're in trouble when someone like Papley is your best lead and mark forward.

You mean replacing 1.93m McCartin with 1.99m Sinclair means going from a small forward line to a big forward line???

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

No autopsy thread so doing it here before I go to bed and forget:

1. Congratulations on 250 games, Josh. I love you
2. Aliir cannot be our 2nd defender. Please bring in Brand or Gould whoever is fit (Melican also)
3. Mills into the mids worked. Got us back into the 3rd imo
4. Ronke did some good things but we just couldn't get the ball forward.
5. Hayward pussied out of a contest and that to me says he should be dropped for Gray
6. 3 rucks didn't work when none are proven forwards. I like McLean but he is young
7. Blakey and Hayward need something but I don't even think being dropped will do it
8. We did have only a 5 day break
9. McInerny and Rowbottom. I love these guys

So yes, it sucks. It was frustrating. Slow starts, bad selections and youth cost us. Missing a few pieces but a few more years and an injection of 1-2 class players and we'll be back up there.

Harry can get delisted

Can you tell me or someone else tell me how on earth he's this so called certain starter? What does he actually do well? Well aside from hitting opponents on the chest...If he's the option I'd rather play Grey or a young kid.

Can you tell me or someone else tell me how on earth he's this so called certain starter? What does he actually do well? Well aside from hitting opponents on the chest...If he's the option I'd rather play Grey or a young kid.

ive stuck up for harry cos of his speed and so on

but he was awful tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back