Game Day Round 4, 2020: Sydney Swans vs Western Bulldogs @ SCG, 7:40pm, 25 June

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naismith, Ronke, and McInerney back in.

Coming off a good win against North.

Dogs have had some trouble scoring this year, hope that trend continues.

JPK's 250th.

If anyone deserves a huge win in a milestone game it's him.

Let's do this.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Preparing for a midfield thrashing, even with Naismith.

Like the look of our team though and hope we put up a good showing for JPK even if we won't be allowed to win.

SCG can **** off

To be fair, we've been expecting midfield thrashings every round so far this year and instead we're ranked 2nd in the league for clearances.

I think we've turned a corner. Plus we've got Naismith back and the Dogs are without Hunter and Dunkley. Think it should be a close-run tussle in the middle tonight.

To be fair, we've been expecting midfield thrashings every round so far this year and instead we're ranked 2nd in the league for clearances.

I think we've turned a corner. Plus we've got Naismith back and the Dogs are without Hunter and Dunkley. Think it should be a close-run tussle in the middle tonight.

Yeah I dunno. Bulldogs just have the type of midfield that is a nightmare match-up for ours. They're quick and clean out of the centre and get their spread going very easily. They will make our midfield look like statues methinks.

Olian

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2013
Between the Bridges
AFL Club
Sydney
Nice winter’s day with clear skies not much wind around. Hopefully the Swans could win a game at home even without a crowd.
Swans to win by 10 and the Dogges to win the free kick count by 20.

I don't think one single Swans fan, or person in the media, has said that we are the real deal in 2020...

But Horse should still show the boys this article before tonight's game:

Just a vapid jab at our team for no apparent reason.

Oct 2, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
Doggies have been thrashed by the Pies & beaten by a poor St Kilda team. They got on top of an underperforming Giants team, our form is much stronger (and that's saying something!). No excuse to lose this week, again if we play like we did last week we'll get on top of the Doggies.

I don't think one single Swans fan, or person in the media, has said that we are the real deal in 2020...

But Horse should still show the boys this article before tonight's game:

Just a vapid jab at our team for no apparent reason.

It’s from tim Watson doing tips on a show

don’t be precious now

Oct 1, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Sydney
Doggies have been thrashed by the Pies & beaten by a poor St Kilda team. They got on top of an underperforming Giants team, our form is much stronger (and that's saying something!). No excuse to lose this week, again if we play like we did last week we'll get on top of the Doggies.
Tim Watson: Why Bulldogs are the real deal in 2020.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
It’s from tim Watson doing tips on a show

don’t be precious now

Agreed. Although I think for some reason the media are quicker to be convinced about or anoint other sides than they are us as a rule. The media has been wishing and praying that the Dogs finally become a top 4 team for years now. Meanwhile under Beveridge, they've finished the following places on the ladder:

2019 - 7th (out in the first week)
2018 - 13th
2017 - 10th
2016 - 7th (Premiers)
2015 - 6th (out in the first week)

You obviously have to give it up to them for winning the flag (by playing a sanctioned version of European Handball, but I digress) I'll need a lot of convincing that this year is any different to the rule. They've never finished top 4 under Beveridge and it's not happening this year either imo.

Agreed. Although I think for some reason the media are quicker to be convinced about or anoint other sides than they are us as a rule. The media has been wishing and praying that the Dogs finally become a top 4 team for years now. Meanwhile under Beveridge, they've finished the following places on the ladder:

2019 - 7th (out in the first week)
2018 - 13th
2017 - 10th
2016 - 7th (Premiers)
2015 - 6th (out in the first week)

You obviously have to give it up to them for winning the flag (by playing a sanctioned version of European Handball, but I digress) I'll need a lot of convincing that this year is any different to the rule. They've never finished top 4 under Beveridge and it's not happening this year either imo.

They're average, always have been.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one was saying we were the real deal yet he felt the need to reiterate it. As I said unnecessary jab. Doesn't bother me but if I were Horse I'd be using it as motivation.

But in context it’s like who do you tip

ok Sydney are 7th playing 13th or wherever the umps are, don’t think they are the real deal yet so I’ll tip the lower team
Seems fair to me

You are Michael Jordan like looking for
Motivation :p

Jun 27, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sturt

For sure. With Naismith, JPK, Parker and Florent our midfield is flying.

Another fun stat: we are third for points scored. Not bad given the outs.

But in context it’s like who do you tip

ok Sydney are 7th playing 13th or wherever the umps are, don’t think they are the real deal yet so I’ll tip the lower team
Seems fair to me

You are Michael Jordan like looking for
Motivation :p

Then talk about why the 13th team is better than they appear, not why the 7th team is worse than they appear. Not hard.

Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
I reckon these shorter quarters are benefitting us and hurting others.

My memory could be bad but i recall us having many goals scored against us in "red time" as our younger squad tires throughout quarters.

On the flipside I wonder whether teams like Richmond used to get more goals in "red time" due to their superior fitness.

Would be interesting data.

Tedeski

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 2, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mava Fan Cooler
Naismith makes us a 5 goal better team.
The umpires make the Bulldogs a 7 goal better team.
Dogs by 2 goals.

All jokes aside, for anyone that enjoys a little punt on the footy, my favourite bet on anything Swans is to "pick the score double".
The range I always go for is for both teams to score 60-79 points.
A $2 bet will return $11 on tonight's game.

I reckon these shorter quarters are benefitting us and hurting others.

My memory could be bad but i recall us having many goals scored against us in "red time" as our younger squad tires throughout quarters.

On the flipside I wonder whether teams like Richmond used to get more goals in "red time" due to their superior fitness.

Would be interesting data.

I agree with this and said this was one of the main contributors to our losses last season (among other reasons.)

But the Western Bulldogs side tonight are younger than us on average tonight by a fraction. We will have no edge there, nor a disadvantage, and it will really come down to who is cleanest, who makes the most of their opportunities, and who brings the most pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back