Autopsy Round 4, 2020 vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Why did I watch the replay? Disgraceful performance by too many players.

Putting a line through Blakey and Hayward. Theyll NEVER come good. Week in week out the effort is not there. Avoiding contests is just soft and unacceptable. It’s not like we on here have a unrealistic standard. We all like the outlook of Rowbottom and McInerny because they compete and give it their all. Why is that hard to ask of these 2?

Cunningham has been on the list for 8? years and played 2 gfs. The inconsistency is unacceptable.

Aliir is a s**t defender. Same with Lloyd. I applaud Horse to not setup with a loose man back and have an attacking mind set. But This has exposed them hard.

This loss is one of the most triggering losses in a long time. They just did not care. Triggered.

I thought the effort was clearly there. Got way too far behind early and then made enough opportunities to get back in the game but didn't take them.
Papley should have had 8. Heeney and Sinclair a few each.
Mills was heroic on the Bont (who played one of the best games of his career).
Allir was alright. At least he has a presence down back. Sure, his disposal is problematic. Needs to know his limitations, but to be fair we were playing catch up and he was within his rights to take risks.
Umpiring stank and the ball didn't bounce our way all night.

Sinclair’s shots on goal were really odd , like never looked close to being confident he could kick it

Just yips as he hasn’t played much this year usually a very sound set shot

I think Blakey needs a kick up the ass. Either isolate him and play him out of the square or throw him in the guts. Give him some responsibility and see how he takes on the challenge

I would play him as a mid. He’s useless up forward

Hahaha some of the melts on here are a bit OTT.

Unfortunately overall just a terrible day for the club but as an apparent bottom four side we're 2-2. Can't be too disappointed with that.

Shattered for Naismith and Kennedy.

Hahaha some of the melts on here are a bit OTT.

Unfortunately overall just a terrible day for the club but as an apparent bottom four side we're 2-2. Can't be too disappointed with that.

Shattered for Naismith and Kennedy.

Pretty much. It was bad but we have to expect some of these performances while we develop. We are on the right track imo.

Pretty much. It was bad but we have to expect some of these performances while we develop. We are on the right track imo.
Agreed. I agree Blakey needs to be dropped, but did I actually read a poster writing him off? It's a standard second season slump, not sure why people are so shocked.

I think people are overreacting because if we'd managed a win last night, we'd arguably be in with a chance of going 5-1 and competing to play finals. But honestly as a young bottom four side, you take 2-2 every day. I'd argue that given the circumstances a loss would have been acceptable in one of our better seasons.

I was pretty upset last night, but having slept it off and calmed down, I don't think we can be too harsh on the boys.

Just yips as he hasn’t played much this year usually a very sound set shot

He looked like when they give a footy to an American sportsman to have his first kick

Agreed. I agree Blakey needs to be dropped, but did I actually read a poster writing him off? It's a standard second season slump, not sure why people are so shocked.

I think people are overreacting because if we'd managed a win last night, we'd arguably be in with a chance of going 5-1 and competing to play finals. But honestly as a young bottom four side, you take 2-2 every day. I'd argue that given the circumstances a loss would have been acceptable in one of our better seasons.

I was pretty upset last night, but having slept it off and calmed down, I don't think we can be too harsh on the boys.

The loss wasn't too alarming. Bulldogs got their usual assistance, played out of their skins against us, we turned to water against them. All the hallmarks of a Swans vs Bulldogs game.

But the loss did highlight the same flaws in our team at the minute that need to be rectified if we want to win more. Those flaws being our midfield, our forward 50 entries (hack kicks FFS), and just way too many players out of form.

The midfield could be addressed but Horse has to be willing to move some pretty key chess pieces around (starting with Mills and Parker).

The out of form players could also be addressed but Horse has to be willing to make some tough calls on some youngsters (starting with Blakey and Hayward).

As for the forward 50 entries, I think they would improve as a byproduct of having a tweaked midfield.

I think everything we need to be a better side is there, it's do-able. Horse & co have just got to get to work on making these changes for the good of the team.

That’s why I’ve stopped myself or try to on Autopsy threads straight after. I’m the same rather sleep on it and I actually watched a replay this morning.

Blakely isn’t a forward for mine but what option do we have our whole forward line is injured. I’d be tempted to do it anyway and put Dawson forward but does that then hurt him?

Has kennedy’s kicking inside 50 improved markedly this season, or is that just me?

some really neat kicks over the past couple of games

Kennedy has always been a good kick, particularly when he doesn't have five blokes hanging off him.

I think it is more a reflection that we are trying to rebound swiftly, so Kennedy has been able to get into some space, which then gives him time to settle before his kick. When in and under there is no such time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why did I watch the replay? Disgraceful performance by too many players.

Putting a line through Blakey and Hayward. Theyll NEVER come good. Week in week out the effort is not there. Avoiding contests is just soft and unacceptable. It’s not like we on here have a unrealistic standard. We all like the outlook of Rowbottom and McInerny because they compete and give it their all. Why is that hard to ask of these 2?

Cunningham has been on the list for 8? years and played 2 gfs. The inconsistency is unacceptable.

Aliir is a sh*t defender. Same with Lloyd. I applaud Horse to not setup with a loose man back and have an attacking mind set. But This has exposed them hard.

This loss is one of the most triggering losses in a long time. They just did not care. Triggered.
Blakey will “never come good”! Okay, he’s struggling for form right now and perhaps needs a kick up the backside but come on. The kid’s played 25 games. 25! He was a pick 10 for a reason and it’s far too early to write him off.

I remember telling some posters to settle down when he was drafted as they thought he’d be a champion from game one. That was just as unrealistic as now saying he’ll never be any good.

Blakey will “never come good”! Okay, he’s struggling for form right now and perhaps needs a kick up the backside but come on. The kid’s played 25 games. 25! He was a pick 10 for a reason and it’s far too early to write him off.

I remember telling some posters to settle down when he was drafted as they thought he’d be a champion from game one. That was just as unrealistic as now saying he’ll never be any good.

Sorry I personally don’t see it. You either have natural talent or you work hard to get there.

You can argue for the first but my opinion is that he’s just not that good compared to other 19yo. In fact, McCartin showed much more

And no he does not work hard enough on the ground as a kid.

Whatever the solution is, its not hard to get the players to have a crack

I understand we are a developing side and we’ll lose a few. Losing is not the issue, its how were losing.

If the young generation put in half the effort Sinclair does I’m sure the criticism wouldnt be as harsh.

Whatever the solution is, its not hard to get the players to have a crack

I understand we are a developing side and we’ll lose a few. Losing is not the issue, its how were losing.

If the young generation put in half the effort Sinclair does I’m sure the criticism wouldnt be as harsh.

Bulldogs were younger than us yesterday, i truly never subscribe to the theory we are young we will be good just wait.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back