Review Round 4, 2021: Box Hill v Werribee, Sat 8th May @ 2:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd say the opposite, he looks far more comfortable at this level then Downie and Pepper.

not to sound harsh but he was bog for werribe in the first half few on the hill were laughing at the holding the ball on the wing

Saunders looks like the perfect example of a 'player' reason as to why there needs to be a Development League. Effort and skills (kind of) are there, but just needs to go down a level to get used to the speed and begin his development there for a couple of months.
Every time he was pushed in the back it was holding the ball everytime he tackled and it should have been holding the ball it was push in the back

a split second either way

Managed to see game for sometime, saw couple of fast speed chase, maybe by Saunders can someone comfirm?

If he was, maybe a chance at Haks before Downie?

Nothing to take out of the game other than number 3 for Werribee is a sook.
Even the last play of the game he was squealing for deliberate, then threw a tantrum when he didn't get it.
He's the Joel selwood/dangerfield of the vfl

Sonsie got better as the game went on. Very quick over the first 10 mtrs. Will be interesting to see how he goes over the next month. Brockman played very well in the first quarter, disappeared in the second and flashed in and out of play in the third and last quarters. Saunders was a little sloppy with his tackling but you can't question his effort and he has speed. Downie did a lot of running and got to where the ball was but didn't get the ball very much. Pepper needs more games. Reeves injured with an ankle and might be out for a while. Box Hill's best was probably Newcombe, clean hands, a very good kick and handballs very accurately.

Last edited:
At the end of the day we were out played. Our listed players weren’t working hard enough our BH players kept us in it for a long way. Newcombe Kilpatrick Mascitti worked hard all game. Just need to get back to the basics and play as team.

not to sound harsh but he was bog for werribe in the first half few on the hill were laughing at the holding the ball on the wing

Not to sound harsh but when i was watching Box Hill live lots of people were saying Sicily wouldn't make it, had a bad tude and all sorts of crap - while i was saying he's our most complete skillful player - everyone sees things differently - but I'll back in a kid with pace and a willingness for the contest who can also actually put the ball to a teammates advantage, like he did a few times today, while everyone else sky balls it all day long.

So, I don't give a fly turd who was laughing on the hill mate, esp if they be the same people who couldn't see that Sicily was our best young talent. In fact if is the same people then Saunders is an absolute Monty to make it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not great, but Brockman is too good for this League, too bad Reeves hurt his ankle limped off early in second quarter.

I rocked up just after quarter time and the first contest I saw Reeves went up for a mark and was blocked off the contest and as he was not expecting contact and rolled his ankle badly. For a horrible moment I thought it was his knee.

It was a disappointing day. Apart from the Brockman goal the boys didn’t give us much to cheer about. Werribee far too good.

I rocked up just after quarter time and the first contest I saw Reeves went up for a mark and was blocked off the contest and as he was not expecting contact and rolled his ankle badly. For a horrible moment I thought it was his knee.

It was a disappointing day. Apart from the Brockman goal the boys didn’t give us much to cheer about. Werribee far too good.
Maybe maybe - I'm jumping on the Sandures train very early, but the reason why is because for the first 2Qtrs our wingers in Nash and Downie gave us nothing, while he rotted up forward - 3rd Qtr Nash was moved behind the ball and Downie up forward (maybe) with Sandures going on to the wing - he provided spark and run and overlap that was missing - that's pretty good from a skinny kid who because of the team of up-field in the 1st 2qtrs dictated how he went but he didn't drop his head at all - but when given the chance to be a play maker he showed he can impact the game, even if only for a very a short period - that's all you need to see from kids - it means they have something to work with - and that's a real positive in my book. Esp with how many outs we had today - to show something in a "weakened" team is even more impressive, imo.

Not to sound harsh but when i was watching Box Hill live lots of people were saying Sicily wouldn't make it, had a bad tude and all sorts of crap - while i was saying he's our most complete skillful player - everyone sees things differently - but I'll back in a kid with pace and a willingness for the contest who can also actually put the ball to a teammates advantage, like he did a few times today, while everyone else sky balls it all day long.

So, I don't give a fly turd who was laughing on the hill mate, esp if they be the same people who couldn't see that Sicily was our best young talent. In fact if is the same people then Saunders is an absolute Monty to make it.

bet you a 10 buck donation to a chairty of your choice he never plays 30 games of afl ..

Is there a particular reason you seem so enthusiastic about potting a project opposition player?
I didn't even read he followed the wobbles - how do I use ignore?
bet you a 10 buck donation to a chairty of your choice he never plays 30 games of afl ..
You Ned Guy?

And I'll donate 10 smackos to charity to help people with literacy regardless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back