Preview Round 4, 2021: Fremantle v Hawthorn, 11 April 2021, 4.40pm AEST @ Optus Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don’t think the double ruck is working. We don’t seem to gain any meaningful ascendency in the ruck contests or around the ground. Ceglar has been OK this season but he had 0 marks and failed to hit the scoreboard - the latter factor remaining true for all three rounds.

I think Howe won’t be omitted but he crucified us today. The issue is no midfielder is really banging the door down at BH and share similar weaknesses (e.g. poor disposal). I’d still bring in Cousins but the cupboard is really bare.

Ins: O’Brien, Cousins
Outs: Howe, Ceglar

Last edited:
Need to stop playing Worpel at HFF.

Moore is better there. Wingard is better there. Shiels is better there. Bruest is better there. Brockman is better there. JO'M is better there. Burgoyne is better there.

If we're going to develop him another role then send him to FP in a defensive forward role & tell him he's not allowed back into the midfield until he has 3x F50m tackles.

Changes:
Ceglar out for TO'B
Howe out for Cousins
Burgoyne (rested) out for Downie - do it this week against Freo instead of next week against Melbourne
Hartigan (inj) our for :shrug: :grin:

Last edited:
I don’t think the double ruck is working. We don’t seem to gain any meaningful ascendency in the ruck contests or around the ground. Ceglar has been OK this season but he had 0 marks and failed to hit the scoreboard - the latter factor remaining true for all three rounds.

I think Howe won’t be omitted but he crucified us today. The issue is no midfielder is really banging the door down at BH and share similar weaknesses (e.g. poor disposal). I’d still bring in Cousins but the cupboard is really bare.

Ins: O’Brien, Cousins
Outs: Howe, Ceglar
Kicked our 1st against the scum, didn't he?

Jul 13, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Need to stop playing Worpel at HFF.

Moore is better there. Wingard is better there. Shiels is better there. Bruest is better there. Brockman is better there. JO'M is better there. Burgoyne is better there.

If we're going to develop him another role then send him to FP in a defensive forward role & tell him he's not allowed back into the midfield until he has 3x F50m tackles.

Changes:
Ceglar out for TO'B
Howe out for Cousins
Burgoyne (rested) out for Downie - do it this week against Freo instead of next week against Melbourne

Downie in the starting 22. Cant be Sub again.

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ceglar has one bad game and people calling for the noose, Fremantle are playing two genuine ruckmen we need Ceglar and McEvoy more than ever, plus we can kill them with height. Howe out for cousins but other than that no change unless we want to rest Silk, then we should bring in Downie or Hanners.

Ceglar has one bad game and people calling for the noose, Fremantle are playing two genuine ruckmen we need Ceglar and McEvoy more than ever, plus we can kill them with height. Howe out for cousins but other than that no change unless we want to rest Silk, then we should bring in Downie or Hanners.
I'm not worried about his 1 bad game - I'm waiting for his string of good games. :shrug:

If we were dominating the middle or he was contributing up forward etc. then maybe it'd be different...

But 2x Ruckmen isn't working & we're unlikely to drop the Captain. This is a team balance thing - not an anit-Ceglar thing.

IN: Downie

OUT: Ceglar (omitted)

B: Hardwick, Hartigan, Jiath

HB: Scrimshaw, Frost, Impey

C: Morrison, Mitchell, Phillips

HF: Burgoyne, Koschitzke, Wingard

F: Breust, Lewis, Brockman

R: McEvoy, O’Meara, Worpel

INT: Shiels, Howe, Downie, Moore, Hanrahan (Sub)

Is this a game where Burgoyne is managed ?

He was well beaten by Myers who kicked a goal and generally looked very busy. I would consider making him the medical sub.

I can't see how Howe could keep his spot. He is courageous and tough but so slow of mind and his skills let him down badly today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back