Preview Round 4, 2021: Fremantle v Hawthorn, 11 April 2021, 4.40pm AEST @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawthorn's current injury list:
Keegan Brooksby - ankle – test

Jack Gunston - back – 3 weeks

Denver Grainger-Barras - knee - indefinite

Will Day - ankle - indefinite

Seamus Mitchell - ankle - indefinite

James Sicily - ACL - indefinite

We have all seen CJ take a huge step up maybe Nash is finally ready to do the same. Sounds like he is putting in a huge amount of work and finding consistency, his pace and height is a huge POD
I'm guessing that by POD, you don't mean Pile Of Dung.

Hawks defender Will Day is in the early stages of his rehab program, following successful ankle surgery late last week.

While a time frame for his return remains unclear, Physical Performance Manager Luke Boyd remains confident we’ll see Day back in action later this year.

“From a rehab perspective, Will will go into a boot for a period of time, and once he comes out of that we’ll look to start him running and building back up again.

“A fracture is never a great injury and having to have surgery is not ideal, but we do anticipate that Will will be able to play some football later in the year and that’s what we’re aiming for.

“When exactly that’ll be, we’ll be able to confirm in the next few weeks.”

Hawthorn's injury list:

Keegan Brooksby - (Ankle) Test

Jack Gunston - (Back) 3 weeks

Denver Grainger-Barras - (Knee) Indefinite

Will Day - (Ankle) Indefinite

Seamus Mitchell - (Ankle) Indefinite

James Sicily - (ACL) Indefinite

Might be early as he is being groomed for the role but Finn to come in to tag Fyfe. Maybe not yet but I can see this being his role when he comes in

i feel like nash is better playing smaller, swapping him and Cegs doesn't really make sense because then we have Lewis playing 2nd ruck all game and I'm not sure he has the tank — already struggles getting up the ground consistently to contests

if we drop cegs it should be for TOB, but then the question is who does Nash come in for? possible that he moves to sub? i could see them giving brockman a game in the 2's to get some confidence after his performance but doubt that would last long. It would be tough to drop either him or Moore imo.

maybe u drop worpel, push phillips/moore/chad into the mid and bring in nash there?

lots of tough decisions to be made, I'm honestly happy to keep it minimal after Monday. Maybe just ceglar for TOB, and burgoyne for greaves if he needs a rest

At best he’s kicked to a contest. He doesn’t have the ability to make that kick. Similar case in the first quarter when he tried to get it inside 50 to McEvoy on his own. He didn’t have the length in the kick to get it over the Geelong player.
The irony of this situation is that Howe is normally a pretty reliable kick. He has other deficiencies - namely his clearance work and speed - but his kicking is pretty sound, it’s probably why he’s in the side over Cousins.

ON SELECTION

I reckon Nash comes in. We struggled to pressure opposition defence for the past two games, and to be honest it’s been the difference both times. Nash can help Moore and Brockman bring the heat (and help bring the ball to ground), and he’s finally hit form in the twos. It makes sense. Dunno who will come out.

Last edited:
they don't play the same position though, howe is playing off the backline and pushing fwd

if you were making that change you'd have to push titch into that role but i think worpel has been far too poor to do that

Howe started a lot of centre bounces on Monday on the wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always liked the idea of Nash forward. Plays like a tall but can compete in the air because of his height. However, I think he can only really be beneficial if we have multiple talls up forward which would stretch the oppositions defense.
The one thing I think he lacks to really improve out of sight is elite endurance, it would dramatically helps decision making and repeat efforts, exciting to see everyone improving though

Howe was more than handy this week but i agree with the other two selections whats more likely is cuz for worps

I wonder if “two rucks” clarko might be tempted to give reeves a go, resting one of big boy or ceglar? That would shake up the apple cart. He’s likely to persist with howe and worpel. Hopefully he lets us get a look at kosi playing against a mediocre defence rather than dropping after a baptism of fire. Mind you in the first half the KPF just didn’t bring it to ground - hodgey commentating was pretty scathing.

B

Bit sad of you buddy, how about getting behind a bloke who has traveled half way across the world and is giving it a red hot crack at hawthorn and from all accounts improving every game still.
Huh? That's not what I meant at all. Just asking what POD means, FFS.

It’s a fantastic challenge for our boys. Freo are undermanned, but on their home patch they will never lie down. A 4 quarter effort is what’s required. Do that, and we win.

Trouble is we haven’t done it for a long, long time. Game could go either way.
Fyfe is back apparently. This won't be easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back