Preview Round 4, 2021: Fremantle v Hawthorn, 11 April 2021, 4.40pm AEST @ Optus Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 2, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Koschitzke is listed as managed which I hope is genuinely the case. Kid has the tools to be a really good forward - just needs some continuity and perhaps some easier opposition defensive structures. O'Brien in makes sense and you would think it's crunch time for Ceglar.

I like Hartley but I'm concerned that we've chosen to go taller in the backline for what is reportedly a wet game. Thought we had a really good balance with Hartigan & Frost as the pillars and Scrimshaw as the third tall. Greaves would have been a better choice for Burgoyne? Regardless hope Hartley plays well.

Dec 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man City, Box Hill Hawks
Hartley could not have earned his spot more. Was good when he got his chance last year and has been banging down the door in the reserves ever since.

Good time to manage Burgoyne. Although it means his 400th can't be in Darwin, but at least that gives us a chance to see it at the G.

westaussie76

Team Captain
Dec 5, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Watford FC
Let's hope they wear the correct boots, players always slipping over here and even more so if it's wet tomorrow!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

O’Brien must have serious dirt on Clarko or something...
Or maybe he’s the most experienced tall forward on our list who’s not injured. Just maybe.

Hodginator

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 1, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hartley could not have earned his spot more. Was good when he got his chance last year and has been banging down the door in the reserves ever since.

Good time to manage Burgoyne. Although it means his 400th can't be in Darwin, but at least that gives us a chance to see it at the G.
Could still be a game for Burgoyne if he’s the sub. Although I expect it unlikely.

Dew2KFC2Flag08

Senior List
Oct 12, 2008
Melb, south east suburbs
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trail Blazers

Dons at the G it’ll be.

May 3, 2018
Central Coast NSW
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Detroit Pistons
Does Hartley back shift CJ or Impey up the ground??
Could also be Hartigan a late out. Hurt his elbow late in the last game. If that’s the case and if it’s raining then I’d like to see Cousins / Hartley in for Hartigan/ Cegs. If it’s not too wet then I’d like to see TOB / Hartley come in.

Roddy

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2006
M-Town
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket team.
Or maybe he’s the most experienced tall forward on our list who’s not injured. Just maybe.
Playing an ‘experienced’ 27 year old key forward who’s been on our list for over 8 years, averaging .7 of a goal in that time, in the early stages of a complete rebuild when we should be getting games into our youth. Just maybe it’s a really stupid and short-sighted selection decision.

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Would’ve liked to see Nash play.

I’m of the opinion that if O’Brien plays tomorrow there was no point dropping him in the first place. Like he’ll be better for sitting out one game as the sub? He’s a confidence player and yet again I don’t think we’ve done him any favours.

Playing an ‘experienced’ 27 year old key forward who’s been on our list for over 8 years, averaging .7 of a goal in that time, in the early stages of a complete rebuild when we should be getting games into our youth. Just maybe it’s a really stupid and short-sighted selection decision.
PLAY KID!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back