Preview Round 4, 2021: Fremantle v Hawthorn, 11 April 2021, 4.40pm AEST @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

TOB for Kosi makes sense. Close to the final chance for the two-ruck set-up before we try a forward as relief you'd think. Maybe Jeka's form won't give selectors a choice next week.

Then Burgoyne for Hartley. From the Box Hill reports, Hartley hasn't been playing as a deep full back like in previous seasons. Pushing up more around centre half back and through the wing. Sounds almost like an aggressive flanker using his peg to launch it from half back and centre to the forwards. Is he agile and quick thinking enough to play a role as a flanker at AFL level? Will be interesting to see. I could see a good argument for letting Greaves have a run with the group but you've gotta reward form and there are 18 more matches to play a different mix if Hartley isn't up to it.

Given Clarko's comments I wouldn't be surprised AT ALL if Burgoyne or Greaves come in late for a tall.

Surely ceglar comes out of that side...greaves or cousins in as a replacement tomorrow I’m guessing.
Yeah, I’d think Greaves. Cousins played today.

Interesting changes

Hartley to play smaller than his usual role I'd say, either that or Hartigan is touch-and-go with his injury. Possibly waiting on a more clear cut weather forecast to decide on a late change

Greaves to be medical sub you'd have to think

Fremantle keep playing a rotating ruck through their forwardline (Darcy/Meek).

With Fyfe back in and Treacy playing forward with Darcy and Taberner, they’re very tall up forward already.

Frost - Treacy/Fyfe
Hartigan - Taberner
Hartley - Darcy/Meek

It makes complete sense

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If ceglar goes out it would give us three players who can support McEvoy in the ruck without leaving us short down back or up forward. Would mean frost will play smaller probably. But it makes no sense with ceglar in the side.

We are trying to rebuild and Clarko is picking tried and tested average battler footballers. It's ridiculous to me. Maybe Hartigan pulled up sore.

Ceglar needed to be dropped, so hopefully he is a late out. Having two rucks in today's game is not going to work. Having one of those rucks play after a 0 kick 0 mark game is inexcusable.

Fremantle keep playing a rotating ruck through their forwardline (Darcy/Meek).

With Fyfe back in and Treacy playing forward with Darcy and Taberner, they’re very tall up forward already.

Frost - Treacy/Fyfe
Hartigan - Taberner
Hartley - Darcy/Meek

It makes complete sense

There is no rule that you have to match up opposing teams podding talls with plodding talls of your own though. Don’t see Richmond do it.

I would rather see Nash than all of Ceglar, Hartley and O’Brien if I’m being honest

There is no rule that you have to match up opposing teams podding talls with plodding talls of your own though. Don’t see Richmond do it.

I would rather see Nash than all of Ceglar, Hartley and O’Brien if I’m being honest
You’ve clearly never sat on a selection / match committee or coached football at a decent level then 🙄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back