Game Day Round 4, 2021: Fremantle v Hawthorn, 11 April 2021, 4.40pm AEST @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And Statistically Ceglar has one of the more poorer hit out to advantage ratios in the league in recent years.
The Rucks start the play, many clubs can and will rove to opposition ruckmen, many ruckmen win the tap and its debatable who clears the ball, plus stats don't work too well when you have umpires picking free kicks out of their bums, in centre bounces, with over kill rules.
So Ceglar numbers mean SFA, its what he can do in other areas, only has to perform, 4 or 5 one percenters, he does that, occasionally kicks goals, and contests marks, Clarkson knows that though!

You're arguing with someone who quotes hit-out stats like they're a worthwhile stat for counterargument.

Anyone who has watched a game in person or on tv, and not watched a game via the live stats, will tell you that a hit-out is meaningless unless it goes to the advantage of your teammate.

Oh, and you're also arguing with someone who thinks Clarkson doesn't make mistakes, so you know...
LOL. Actually quote my post and challenge the actual points rather than extracting one minor reference if you’re going to take that approach.

As for “Clarko doesn’t make mistakes”, he makes plenty. All coaches do. But we are talking strategy here, a much broader conversation about selection, and I personally believe it’s pretty clear why the decisions being made have come to be. Others don’t, or disagree; that’s fine. It’s what this place is for.

But this undercurrent vibe that Clarko, a guy who studies the game more than almost anyone in the industry, is making decisions independent of the points being made here, is ridiculous.

The Rucks start the play, many clubs can and will rove to opposition ruckmen, many ruckmen win the tap and its debatable who clears the ball, plus stats don't work too well when you have umpires picking free kicks out of their bums, in centre bounces, with over kill rules.
So Ceglar numbers mean SFA, its what he can do in other areas, only has to perform, 4 or 5 one percenters, he does that, occasionally kicks goals, and contests marks, Clarkson knows that though!
Ceglar is literally palming the ball to the opposition 5+times per game. It's not a 50/50 with the opposition reading the play, we have 2 players free,and he hits it in the opposing direction.

Well if Stats are meaningless fine, Ceglar still doesn't pass the eye test as far as I'm concerned.

I think it has to be TOB. He would surely be more effective around the ground, and we aren't a team that has ever dominated the hitouts, so conceding them for a more mobile player makes sense to me.

TOB has struggled since day 1 as a KPF, so this could give him a new lease on life until another more permanent solution is worked out.

I think that Big Boy could do more than that. No one has explicitly said that he cannot due to being battered, and if that's really the case then appointing a worn out ruck at his age as captain is a baffling decision. It completely hamstrings us at the selection table.
Well the players voted him in, so there’s not much the club can do about that. Big Boy at least can play half a game forward or defence and still be in our top few KPPs.

I’d love to see TOB given a chance to play that role. But it just doesn’t seem likely at the moment given the way they’ve trained all off season and started the year.

Well the players voted him in, so that’s on them I guess. Big Boy at least can play half a game forward or defence and still be in our top few KPPs.

I’d love to see TOB given a chance to play that role. But it just doesn’t seem likely at the moment given the way they’ve trained all off season and started the year.

They also voted Stratton in which didn't work out well, hopefully this one doesn't go down the same path.

Has to be a late change if the cyclone hits. Not sure if it favours us or them.

Win and our season is on.
Lose, and we're bottom 2.

Big game.
Mate I told you yesterday. There is no chance of the cyclone hitting Perth.
That part I’ll get right, but as I said I am no weatherman & for that we are all lucky.
I did say it probably wouldn’t rain much before the game, well, it started early this morning & hasn’t stopped
Unfortunately my boys & I have tix for a couple of rows back right behind the goals :mad:

Funny Cegs played a ripper a couple of weeks back , is he a blame target, he does his job mostly.
We could have had Geelong but for an umpire, then what's the comment?

Sneaking a win in that game doesn't suddenly magically turn a bad 0 kick 0 mark game into a good game. It changes literally nothing.

Well if Stats are meaningless fine, Ceglar still doesn't pass the eye test as far as I'm concerned.
Was then worst game I can remember from a Hawks ruck for a while (Cegs).

Not sure why we have not scoured the country for another ruck if BB is cooked? Even Stefan Martin for two seasons was gettable. If he cannot ruck why is he on the list. The BB to half back never looked like a long term option either? All a bit confusing really.

Surely Burgoyne gets the medical sub vest today? Adds another game closer to 400 and gives him a break if no injuries occur
And cause an uproar about whether or not his up coming 400th game counts? Or is it just 399 because medical sub doesn’t count? I can see the headline now. “Hawks are dudding a super star out of a record.” Bugger that.

I know it shouldn’t matter, but the tears after Downies debut were seriously irritating

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And cause an uproar about whether or not his up coming 400th game counts? Or is it just 399 because medical sub doesn’t count? I can see the headline now. “Hawks are dudding a super star out of a record.” Bugger that.

I know it shouldn’t matter, but the tears after Downies debut were seriously irritating

I still can't work out why being an unused substitute counts as a match, but anyways.

Mate I told you yesterday. There is no chance of the cyclone hitting Perth.
That part I’ll get right, but as I said I am no weatherman & for that we are all lucky.
I did say it probably wouldn’t rain much before the game, well, it started early this morning & hasn’t stopped
Unfortunately my boys & I have tix for a couple of rows back right behind the goals :mad:
Cyclone or not, if it's pissing down we need to drop a tall.

Who plays on Brayshaw, Cerra & Fyfe?

HUGE game for Mitchell & O'Meara. Man up!!! None of these 1mtr hospital handballs, just kick and hit a target. HUGE game for those 2!

Well it may not be a good time for you but it’s a normal 2:40 game for us & its a Freo home game.
I’d love to go & watch the Hawks play here at night, say a 7:30pm start.
But imagine the cries over there in Vic, where it wouldn’t start until 9:30pm

Remember, it’s a national sport nowadays

And Statistically Ceglar has one of the more poorer hit out to advantage ratios in the league in recent years.
Ceglar is a better tap ruckman than McEvoy. That's about where it stops though. As soon as you need to apply physicality before tapping, like what you see in a throw in, Ceglar easily becomes all at sea.

Ceglar is just a dumb player. Doesn't appear to have any football brains. That moment he has to think about things, he gets lost, and with the speed of today's game, as soon as you're lost, you're always behind play and chasing.

Monkey's done about all he can with Ceglar. With McEvoy, he can come up with a strategy to neutralize the opposition ruck/s knowing that he's got the mental capacity to walk and chew gum at the same time. With Ceglar, he has to rely on things going Cegs' way or else things can get out of hand, ala last years Geelong game.

Well it may not be a good time for you but it’s a normal 2:40 game for us & its a Freo home game.
I’d love to go & watch the Hawks play here at night, say a 7:30pm start.
But imagine the cries over there in Vic, where it wouldn’t start until 9:30pm

Remember, it’s a national sport nowadays

would love a 9.30pm start here in Vic on either a Friday or Saturday night but doesn’t even need to be that late.

can’t believe the AFL still has games running at the same time.

Surely something like the below model would work better.

Thursday 7.pm-8.30pm 1 game
Friday 6.pm- 8.30 8.30-11.pm pm 2 games
Saturday 1.pm-3.30 3.30-6.pm 6-8.30pm 8.30-11.pm 4 games
Sunday 1.pm-3.30pm 3.30-6.pm 2 games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back